Life After Emery Begins

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aussie_gunner123, Sep 18, 2019.

?

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

1. Yes, he's been my first choice from the start

20.0%
  2. Yes, even though I preferred other candidate(s)

57.0%
  3. No

23.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

He doesn't need huge funds. He just needs a partner for Saliba, a Xhaka replacement, #10 and a winger, a contrast to the huge rebuilding job that was required when he joined United. Kia Joorabchian will ship Luiz off to China to offset some of the spending.

Sanchez11's ghost likes this.
  2. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

I don't see who we can realistically get with a proven winning track record. I voted for BR, but would he leave Leicester City so soon? He's building something with them. Allegri would have the same problems with communicating his idea to the players. Some have said Erik Ten Haag, but I think he wants Barca or Bayern. Arteta is a risk, and don't think a club the size of AFC should be his first rodeo.

3. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

Also, Auba and Laca > Lukaku and Rashford.

Mark Tobias and American_Gooner like this.
  4. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid A drama queen, hates most of our players.

Seems like the Mourinho in guys are the same that were Emery ultras just up until week ago. Boy you guys never get tired of being wrong! :lol:

Ewarwoowar and carlito'sway like this.
  5. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

My preference would be for someone that can come in and do the job right away. Ideally, someone that knows the premier league.

Freddie has no experience to speak of as a manager. Lampard and solskjaer at least had some.

Granted being a pundit is different than being a manager, but Jose has done his reputation no harm with his punditry. The board will regard him as high maintenance though.

At least he knows how to win things, and he'd make press conferences interesting again...

Rodgers would probably be a very good fit for us, but I don't see him moving so soon.

albakos and Artisan like this.
  6. pigge

pigge Well-Known Member

You can already see him whine how **** he has it here while everyone is spending big money. Has he won anything since Porto without spending hundreds of millions which we dont have? Dont think so.

Ewarwoowar and carlito'sway like this.
  7. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid A drama queen, hates most of our players.

Anyway just like with what I said about Emery here when he came, a decent coach for mid table teams but failed massively at PSG working with stars, it would be a problem I think there are also problems with Mourinho coming here.

Just don't see the platform for him to success here. But it will be fun when Chelsea or Liverpool buy Martinelli from some team in Bundesliga for 20 M and he becomes 150 M player!

8. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Village Idiot

The links are reliable? I know nothing about the Raj guy.

9. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

I think he’d rate Holding and maybe even Chambers as well.

Probably then just depth players he’d want on top of what we have. Squad is actually really decent.

American_Gooner likes this.
  10. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Much better than what he had there. More balanced although that coul;d be improved.

11. berric

berric Well-Known Member

People want Mourinho here?

It looks like some just want that last tiny bit of soul left at this club sucked out completely by 2021.

Camron, Ewarwoowar, Riou and 2 others like this.
  12. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

It’s lopsided with the lack of depth but Emery really has done an impressively sh*t job.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  13. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

They're reliable enough for me to not dismiss them straight away.

14. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Stuck in the friend zone

Yeah,Mourinho won't last long here.I will still be in friend zone when he get sacked.

Malky, Ewarwoowar, Red London and 9 others like this.
  15. pigge

pigge Well-Known Member

Noone should want arteta either. He somehow got the skills of an injured bellerin according to People, except hes never even been a manager. People have an imaginary youtube reel of greatness from his nonexistant career.

I dont want Mourinho but Suarez i woulda taken. Think Mourinho is ****, while Suarez just was an animal

Artisan likes this.
  16. Mark Tobias

You hang in there buddy, i believe in you.

Notorious Big likes this.
  17. BobP

BobP Memri Fan

18. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Why do people want Rodgers? Abit of pretty football aside I’m not sold.

Can he go head to head with Klopp and Pep next year? Or Potch and Allegri? Like now with Emery, I’m not sure.

19. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

Exactly he only needs 4 or 5 players to complete the squad, most of the work has been done.

American_Gooner likes this.
  20. Mark Tobias

Klopp was damn lucky to get all 3 points vs him a couple weeks back..
    He's going head to head with anybody in the league at the minute with arguably a lesser squad...

albakos likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.