• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lisandro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Tell him he is playing DM here.

And if he says no...then it's thank you, **** you, bye.

Let him enjoy getting 10th place with Yanited... imagine this midget at CB, with that fossil Varane or that fridge Maguire, in the Barclays...with that fat mess Shaw in the mix too, hilarious.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Basically he's leaning towards Ten Hag.

Would guess it's the agent trying to paint Ajax in a bad light to try and get them to hurry up.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Imo there is a much stronger argument to learn from a new coach new things and join the team that is on the rise big time rather than to join the same coach at a club that is in a deep decline.

For any kiddo starting that **** of Arteta being a clown coach that cannot teach anything, spare me with that. Guy knows 10000 times more about football than anyone on this forum

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Guy knows 10000 times more about football than anyone on this forum

The fact that he know more than you doesnt mean that he know more than all of us. Arsenal is also in decline btw and you have to have zero ambitions (like Aaron "5th is progress" Ramsdale) to not realise that.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Imo there is a much stronger argument to learn from a new coach new things and join the team that is on the rise big time rather than to join the same coach at a club that is in a deep decline.

For any kiddo starting that **** of Arteta being a clown coach that cannot teach anything, spare me with that. Guy knows 10000 times more about football than anyone on this forum
Have you read my posts, son?

I don't miss.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
When baldie Ten Hag knocks it’s a different knock
7-C340-EA6-4-C47-4579-AEE2-43-E876-C37-CFD.jpg

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
He’s gonna choose Utd isn’t he this little pr!ck. No big deal let him go to Manchester and bvm Ten Hag if that’s what he wants. We move on. Zinchenko is there for the taking. Chukwuemeka for midfield and we’re good to go.

Legend14

Established Member
Whether we can emulate City is irrelevant to the argument. The point is that inverted full-back is a clearly defined role, and not at all a nebulous term like you claimed.

I'll still answer your other question though, it's commonly used by managers who like a 2-3-5 setup in attack while having cover for the counter. Mancini used it with Italy in Euro 2020, using Di Lorenzo as an inverted full-back. Bielsa used it with the Chilean national team and Leeds.
Of course it is defined. My comment was not in the literal sense. For Arsenal, how have we used inverted fullbacks? Explain our intention to use inverted fullbacks. Its nebulous in the sense that it is not defined here at Arsenal, so therefore we shouldn’t recruit as if we have such a plan to play with inverted fullbacks.

I like the player, I just don’t really see how he fits as of yet, but I ‘m not going to attempt to define a position for him that he hasn’t played and that we haven’t played, just to recruit him.

I will recruit a LB. Simple. Problem solved.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Of course it is defined. My comment was not in the literal sense. For Arsenal, how have we used inverted fullbacks? Explain our intention to use inverted fullbacks. Its nebulous in the sense that it is not defined here at Arsenal, so therefore we shouldn’t recruit as if we have such a plan to play with inverted fullbacks.
Well, it's pretty simple. Tomiyasu and Lisandro both tuck in and play as inverted full-backs, creating a 3-man defensive midfield base along with the #6. This allows the two number 8s (Ødegaard and Vieira most likely) to push further up and play as two attacking midfielders, giving us an attacking unit of 5 when you include the frontline. 2-3-5.

Guardiola uses Cancelo and Walker as inverted full-backs (Cancelo as a creator and Walker as a defender mainly) and B. Silva and KDB as 8s in the same manner. We'd basically be looking at a City-type approach. Lisandro instead of Cancelo, Tomiyasu instead of Walker, Vieira instead of B. Silva and Ødegaard instead of KDB.

Legend14

Established Member
Well, it's pretty simple. Tomiyasu and both Lisandro (if we get him) both tuck in and play as inverted full-backs, creating a 3-man defensive midfield base along with the #6. This allows the two number 8s (Ødegaard and Vieira most likely) to push further up and play as two attacking midfielders, giving us an attacking unit of 5 when you include the frontline. 2-3-5.
I know how it works. You are saying we will change what we do to compensate for the player’s limitations. Madness to me, but I guess we will see. What do we do when Tierney is starting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom