• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lisandro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Well, it's pretty simple. Tomiyasu and Lisandro both tuck in and play as inverted full-backs, creating a 3-man defensive midfield base along with the #6. This allows the two number 8s (Ødegaard and Vieira most likely) to push further up and play as two attacking midfielders, giving us an attacking unit of 5 when you include the frontline. 2-3-5.

Guardiola uses Cancelo and Walker as inverted full-backs (Cancelo as a creator and Walker as a defender mainly) and B. Silva and KDB as 8s in the same manner. We'd basically be looking at a City-type approach. Lisandro instead of Cancelo, Tomiyasu instead of Walker, Vieira instead of B. Silva and Ødegaard instead of KDB.
Xhaka vs KDB and B.Silva

Oil tanker vs 2 fluid footballers. We cannot do what City does mate. It's impossible.
I don't see Xhaka getting dropped as well, he's got Kroenke's nudes.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I know how it works. You are saying we will change what we do to compensate for the player’s limitations. Madness to me, but I guess we will see. What do we do when Tierney is starting?
We probably do what City used to do when Benjamin Mendy played. Tomiyasu still tucks in, Tierney goes forward. We probably use Xhaka instead of Vieira to provide the defensive balance needed. Still a 2-3-5, but with only one inverted FB.

Xhaka vs KDB and B.Silva

Oil tanker vs 2 fluid footballers. We cannot do what City does mate. It's impossible.
I don't see Xhaka getting dropped as well, he's got Kroenke's nudes.
It's not Xhaka though, it's Fábio Vieira as the LCM in that approach.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Imo there is a much stronger argument to learn from a new coach new things and join the team that is on the rise big time rather than to join the same coach at a club that is in a deep decline.

For any kiddo starting that **** of Arteta being a clown coach that cannot teach anything, spare me with that. Guy knows 10000 times more about football than anyone on this forum
I honestly think it's going to depend on how good his relationship was with ETH and where he wants to play. If he sees himself as a CB then no amount of chat is going to persuade him to come here. But if he really wants to be a midfielder or a left back then we probably have a shot at least.

Legend14

Established Member
We probably do what City used to do when Benjamin Mendy played. Tomiyasu still tucks in, Tierney goes forward. We probably use Xhaka instead of Vieira to provide the defensive balance needed.

It's not Xhaka though, it's Fábio Vieira as the LCM in that approach.
LOL. Ok, can’t fault you for not having a plan. But we have trouble trapping balls under pressure; this is too complicated for us.

I am just going to go with the put the ball in net, don’t let them score plan.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
If I had a choice between ETH or Arteta it would ETH all day all night, he's far more accomplished than arteta, won everything in Holland. His Ajax team got to the semis of the CL playing the best footy we've seen in years.

Then there's arteta who fluked his way to the fa cup win because Auba was in the form of his life and every shot resulted in a goal.

Other than that he's spent a tonne of money and missed all his targets and then blames everyone but himself for his failures.

Bloodbather

Established Member

LOL. Ok, can’t fault you for not having a plan. But we have trouble trapping balls under pressure; this is too complicated for us.

That's why you get the required players, no? That's the reason we signed Fábio Vieira and Gabriel Jesus, and are trying for Lisandro Martínez at the moment. I wouldn't write off a plan for next season because of what last season's personnel couldn't do.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I dont like Tets, but christ man Utd are in a worse state than we are.
But you have to admit with Arteta, edu and Partey's situation we are permanently in risk of sinking the ship while Ten Hag is one of the most promising managers actually (artera is pure words but achieved nothing in 3 years). In those 3 years Ten Hag reached twice excellent positions in CL playing beautiful football with two different group of players because his team for raid by top teams.

So I would definitely go with Ten Hag over Artera everyday.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

But you have to admit with Arteta, edu and Partey's situation we are permanently in risk of sinking the ship while Ten Hag is one of the most promising managers actually (artera is pure words but achieved nothing in 3 years). In those 3 years Ten Hag reached twice excellent positions in CL playing beautiful football with two different group of players because his team for raid by top teams.

So I would definitely go with Ten Hag over Artera everyday.
Manager as you know i agree with you, but on the pitch they have more issues than us. Whoever has the better window will finish above the other.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Squad wise they are, they need a better window than us imo.
They most likely will have a better window. They have a better coach who’ll get more out of his players I think.

Our guy gets very little of our players. Look at Auba? Arteta had to sell him, Ten Haag would have him scoring.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
United are in a bad state because they want to win things, we're in a bad state because we aren't making top 4, it's not the same thing.

They have a squad that got 2nd place with what apparently were just vibes not long ago, they have less problems than us. We and other teams were lucky they decided to buy Varane, who was the second worst decision made in the previous window just below Tottenham going for Nuno Espirito Santo, and Ronaldo, who is already throwing a tantrum the moment things went wrong and puts them in an uncomfortable situation due to his status.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
That's a quite innovative plan you've got there. Really going against the grain, all the other managers like Guardiola with their fancy plans to not put the ball in the net, and let the other team score are not going to know what hit them.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

They most likely will have a better window. They have a better coach who’ll get more out of his players I think.

Our guy gets very little of our players. Look at Auba? Arteta had to sell him, Ten Haag would have him scoring.
Lets hope not, anyway for me this season will define Tets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom