• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lisandro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
It might be hard for you to accept it now but that’s just how modern football works these days. Welcome to modern football.
No it isn't, it that were true you would see every team with 1.70 CBs and it's not happening. People loves to generalize the exceptions. One case in 100 is that, an exception and doesn't mean at all it's better to have an exception than the general trend. So no, that's not modern football at all.

yorch44

Why do people's thoughts about a guy's height matter when his official height is known?
It matters when the guy height in photos looks closer to Messi than the so called "official". Imagine him, Viera and Gabriel Jesús... The shortest spine in PL rocking the corners... If they jump like 2m of course.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
No it isn't, it that were true you would see every team with 1.70 CBs and it's not happening. People loves to generalize the exceptions. One case in 100 is that, an exception and doesn't mean at all it's better to have an exception than the general trend. So no, that's not modern football at all.
It’s not about modern football requires short centre back or 1.70 CB. It’s about having centre back that is very good on the ball. In this modern football days, it’s what they look at above the physicality.

yorch44

It’s not about modern football requires short centre back or 1.70 CB. It’s about having centre back that is very good on the ball. In this modern football days, it’s what they look at above the physicality.
Ok let's go with Viera and Cazorla as CBs, best pair in modern football where all it's about having excellent players with the ball... Arteta with more revolutionary ideas!!!

images (10).jpeg

tcahill

Ajax fans say that aerial ability is a strength of his, I'm not worried about that. Keen to see this little fella bullying the likes of Chris Wood.

His best position is left centre back, I imagine he'll play the inverted Tomiyasu role when he plays there rather than a flying up the wing crossing it in Tierney style. I'm slightly concerned about having 2 more static fullbacks, but I'm guessing the two 8s in the 433 will have more licence to roam.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It might be hard for you to accept it now but that’s just how modern football works these days. Welcome to modern football.
Who is the smallest cb currently playing in the PL? Not one I can think of is close to his size

Legend14

Established Member
How are we signing De Jong?

By not wasting money on projects and backs ups? You improve the starting 11 and make players like Xhaka and Martinelli the back ups/competition.

We had Saliba, we signed White (who i do like btw, but still..)

We had Guendouzi, we signed Lokonga.

We had Leno, we signed Ramsdale.

Vieira 30m, Martinez 40m. Thats more than the fee Utd are paying for De Jong. He's said in the past he saw Arsenal as a club he'd like to join, called it the Overmars pathway. I think we could at least compete with Utd for his signature.

Our transfer strategy is a bit all over the place. I really like the look of Martinez, but he is best as a CB and then a DM. In CB we have Gabriel, White, Saliba all of a similar age. In DM we have Partey and have given Elneny a new contract.

The Vieria signing is nonsense because of the fee. Olise cost 8m last summer. Vieria is a huge gamble. Look at Renato Sanches, Trincao, Fabio Silva, Taveras going straight from Liga NOS to a big club, it didn't work out so well.
People who think midgets can play CB in the people are the dumbest people on earth. Oh he has a great leap…fvck off
He kind of did it last year. I’d take him over our backup CB with the cement shoes. Do you have a fear of short people or something? This one is really under your skin.

Legend14

Established Member
He is good on the ball and very physical. He is short, but can leap and wins 71 percent of the duels in the air. I am just at a lost as to where he is at a disadvantage. Someone enlighten me.

Legend14

Established Member
Another waste of money like Ben White.
We need a target man and another central midfielder.
Don’t disagree on the priorities, but I am resigned to look at it holistically given there isn’t a strategy. I assume we will fill the other needs, intelligently.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He kind of did it last year. I’d take him over our backup CB with the cement shoes. Do you have a fear of short people or something? This one is really under your skin.
Because he is too small to play cb. This isn’t Dutch league where Ajax play with two cb who spend most of the time by the halfway line.

Legend14

Established Member
Because he is too small to play cb. This isn’t Dutch league where Ajax play with two cb who spend most of the time by the halfway line.
But why? I am not getting it. He can jump. Where else will height be the issue.

Setting a wall, ok. What else?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

But why? I am not getting it. He can jump. Where else will height be the issue.

Setting a wall, ok. What else?
So can taller players. You think he can jump that much higher than other players that 5’9 if he is even that won’t be a problem? Fvcking messi looks bigger than him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom