• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Matteo Guendouzi (Out)

Keep or Sell?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We've basically taken a player who was widely regarded as one of the most valuable young players in European football and loudly advertised to the whole world that he's a problem player and we want to get rid of him. I just wonder if there wasn't a way to get rid of him, but do it in a more subtle way?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We've basically taken a player who was widely regarded as one of the most valuable young players in European football and loudly advertised to the whole world that he's a problem player and we want to get rid of him. I just wonder if there wasn't a way to get rid of him, but do it in a more subtle way?

I think he was only ever regarded as that by CIES and Arsenal fans. As @Trilly often says, what does he have about his game which sets him apart from the rest? The one thing you’d say is his drive and leadership for someone so young. There’s nothing technical that sets him apart, like passing or his ability on the ball. I don’t think a club was ever going to pay that much for him whatever happened.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think he was only ever regarded as that by CIES and Arsenal fans. As @Trilly often says, what does he have about his game which sets him apart from the rest? The one thing you’d say is his drive and leadership for someone so young. There’s nothing technical that sets him apart, like passing or his ability on the ball. I don’t think a club was ever going to pay that much for him whatever happened.

I've seen numerous objective lists compiled of the most valuable young players in football and Guendouzi is on it. Along with Saka and Martinelli he's one of the club's most valuable young assets. That's not a fan's perspective, it's just facts.

I'm not arguing about how good or he is, just by virtue of playing central midfield in the PL at such a young age means he had the value that he did.

A club could come in with an offer of 20m and Arsenal would laugh and say we want at least 40m, and the other club could just say well ok, you're the ones who desperately want to sell him so take it or leave it.

We could end up getting 20-30m for him when in an alternate reality we could have got much more.

goldengod

£25m for Guendouzi with Coutinho on loan the other wage (+ Barca pay a portion of his wages). Use Guendouzi money to sign Ceballos permenantly.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

£25m for Guendouzi with Coutinho on loan the other wage (+ Barca pay a portion of his wages). Use Guendouzi money to sign Ceballos permenantly.

What’s this obsession with Coutinho? He’s a bum and mentally weak. I’d rather the 25m and Barca can keep their mistake or let him end up at Sp**s.

Liverpool sold Coutinho, tweaked their system then won the CL and the PL.

It makes you wonder.

field442

Trusted ⭐
What’s this obsession with Coutinho? He’s a bum and mentally weak. I’d rather the 25m and Barca can keep their mistake or let him end up at Sp**s.

It makes you wonder.

They sold him and spent the best part of £250m on the spine of their team. Nothing to do with him not being there :lol:

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I've seen numerous objective lists compiled of the most valuable young players in football and Guendouzi is on it. Along with Saka and Martinelli he's one of the club's most valuable young assets. That's not a fan's perspective, it's just facts.

yeah he was also nominated for the kopa trophy and golden boy award, his value is/was really high. Personally I don't rate him, don't see anything special at all. but it's undeniable that he's highly rated within the game..

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'm going to stay out of who we will swap or sell him for but eitherway I certainly think we will get rid of Guendouzi this window if we can, Guendouzi hasn't even been in the matchday squad since the game against Brighton & it seems Arteta doesn't like his attitude, I really don't think he's in Artetas future plans anymore tbh.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

They sold him and spent the best part of £250m on the spine of their team. Nothing to do with him not being there :lol:

I saw this posted on the Barca forum.

https://understat.com/player/488

Shocking stats.

Coutinho is a bum and a weak one too. Not sure why people are begging for a player that’s being advertised across Europe because both Bayern and Barca realised he’s ****.

We shouldn’t take their trash especially for 250k a week. I’ll rather give Willock or ESR a chance.

goldengod

It makes you wonder.
Not only is that point incredibly disingenous (as others pointed out, it's probably more to do with the fact they reinvested the money incredibly well), but we're absolutely miles off from winning the PL so what's the got to do with anything? Coutinho is the type of player we need - creative, scores, assists - and given most likely we'll be working with a shoestring budget we should absolutely bite off Barca's hand for a loan deal especially if we can get it on favourable terms by having them pay a portion of his wages.

If it don't work out then oh well - Willock/ESR will be a year older and maybe ready to step up, otherwise we sign someone next summer.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

yeah he was also nominated for the kopa trophy and golden boy award, his value is/was really high. Personally I don't rate him, don't see anything special at all. but it's undeniable that he's highly rated within the game..
Mainly because of how he’s played for us (and well) at such a young age. If you’re a young player established at a top side you’re immediately seen as valuable regardless of your actual quality.

CM is a position you mature into but all the best ones had some type of standout technical/physical attribute even as a young player. Guendouzi is all heart and determination and I don’t see how that turns him into a great player unless he applies that on the training pitch as well.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Mainly because of how he’s played for us (and well) at such a young age. If you’re a young player established at a top side you’re immediately seen as valuable regardless of your actual quality.

CM is a position you mature into but all the best ones had some type of standout technical/physical attribute even as a young player. Guendouzi is all heart and determination and I don’t see how that turns him into a great player unless he applies that on the training pitch as well.

Yeah I've always felt like I'm missing something others are seeing in him, but what I think of him as a player is pretty irrelevant when it comes to his valuation, he's one of the most valuable assets we have.. This situation means we are going to be lowballed though.

senna

Guendouzi is perfect example of the club showign its changed & not gonna roll over. If we get lowballed, just hold onto him, he's young & I'm confident he is not willing to sit out a year not playing so either it forces him to apologise or his agent ask these clubs to up their offer.

This is not like Sokratis or Kolasinac where we'd be lucky to have a buyer or want them out of the squad.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

I think Guendouzi's qualities are pretty obvious. Great personality to demand and accept the ball from deep, and very good passing and ball carrying from deep. Good vision. Good physical conditions and burst to retain possession in short spaces and not get pushed off the ball.

He basically needs to learn how to defend and have better positioning and he'd be a top 6, or a pretty good 8. Whether he can do that is up for debate but he's definitely talented, and I definitely wouldn't agree he's all heart and determination. I wouldn't like to lose him.

Only seen him carrying us once with heart and determination in his time here. Is it really a quality if his? What is more worrying this is his 2nd club where he gets angry and throws tantrum when he doesnt have it his way.

He hasnt improve at all with all the game time he has had in midfield. I see no clear signs of improvements. It feels like he has to big of ego. I wonder what manager or club want to bet they can control it and get the best out of him.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Guendouzi is underrated on here due to the shortcomings in the defensive side of his game, mainly his positioning and athleticism. He also lacks a creative side to his game in terms of creating chances.

He is, though, excellent at progressing the ball and keeping possession. He was top 5 for completed final third passes per 90 before the lockdown (as was Xhaka). Much higher ceiling than Ceballos imo, but he needs to mature. Sadly it won’t be here and rightly so.

Replacing him with Buendia would give us all his positives, with a question mark to drive/winning mentality, but also add a lot of creativity.

Progressive-carries-and-passes.png

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Everything I've seen and read from Buendía suggests that he would be a good signing for us and solve a lot of problems. Hopefully Liverpool aren't in for him as was rumoured and we could get him at a decent price. Seems a much better bet than Grealish. I wonder if there was anything to those César Gelabert rumours, it would be nice to potentially get them both and have a young 10 to develop, especially if we win the FA cup and get european football, behind Buendía.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The Frenchman’s current preference would be a move to Barcelona, where the player is understood to be confident that he can enter the squad rotation upon arrival. Contrary to other reporting, there are currently no formal negotiations ongoing between Arsenal & Barcelona about including the Frenchman in an eventual deal with Philippe Coutinho. However, Guendouzi’s representatives are in constant contact with the Catalan club about a potential deal.

It should be noted that whilst Philippe Nabe, the agent who took Guendouzi to Arsenal in 2018, remains involved in his client’s future, notorious French agent Moussa Sissoko has inserted himself in the attempt to move the Arsenal midfielder to the Catalan giants this summer.

Sissoko is notably the agent for Eduardo Camavinga (Rennes) & Ousmane Dembélé (Barcelona).

Guendouzi, who believes that he must leave Arsenal this summer to give himself a realistic chance of appearing at next summer’s Euros, is not totally against the idea of a move to Atleti, but Barcelona is his preference.

Interesting from GFFN, looks like agents of the non-Kia variety will have a say in this deal too

field442

Trusted ⭐
Barcelona don’t have a pot to piss in so it will have to be a direct swap for Coutinho or Dembele or nothing. Not a chance we offer Guendouzi and cash for either of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom