• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Moises Caicedo

Would you meet the £80m asking price?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Id like both cacaido and rice. I’d rather we kept Tierney played him at left back and moved zinny in to Xhakas position. I thought as the season went on the I’m we’re full back became less effective and we were caught out more.
I don't think KT has a future here. The fact Teta didn't start him as LB in final games when Zinny was out tells you all you need to know.

Sparrahork

Super attacking no 8 who doesn't contribute defensively is a no go, but an advanced 8 who does contribute defensively would be very good. People like Bellingham, Barella, Mac Allister, Kudus, Szoboszlai, Simons, Gravenberch, Le Fée, etc.
Yeah, definitely some options out there. It feels however everyone here wants to sign a number 10 and turn them into an 8.

A 6 such as caicedo or rice is more likely to pick up the xhaka role who himself is way more 6 than 10. I am a big fan of Simons but he feels more in the 10 camp than the type of player we need.

Hopefully we sort a deal with west ham that still gives us the money to offer on caicedo.

The teams outside of the top half of the table tend not to even blink until end of July. They will be out biggest source of potential income allowing for competitive bids on our targets whilst keeping within ffp.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Imagine Ric

Haven’t Fifa banned the 9 year contract thing?

Not sure Chelsea have as much room to manoeuvre financially this window as they did in the last two.
UEFA said contracts shouldn't be longer than 5 years unless a particular country's laws allow it. In the UK the law says you can so clubs can still hand out 9 year contracts if they wish to do so

However you can only spread out the cost of the transfer fee for a maximum of 5 years. Which should put an end to clubs exploiting that loophole.

Gn1212

We tried very hard to sign him in January. I'd be very surprised if we didn't go again this summer.
Well, we were bidding like crazy on Deadline Day last August for Douglas Luiz, we didn't go back in for him in January, and it doesn't look like we're doing that this summer.

Sure, there are cases of players we've revisited in future windows but it's still quite rare so far under Edu and Arteta.

Usually, if we're interested in someone and they end up not signing, it's unlikely their name will come up again.

He's most likely a Rice alternative.

Let's be honest here, there aren't too many top #6/8s in the market right now and quite a few top sides are actually looking for one this summer. To think Arsenal will just get two of them and others will sit idly watching us do it is wishful thinking.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Well, we were bidding like crazy on Deadline Day last August for Douglas Luiz, we didn't go back in for him in January, and it doesn't look like we're doing that this summer.

Sure, there are cases of players we've revisited in future windows but it's still quite rare so far under Edu and Arteta.

Usually, if we're interested in someone and they end up not signing, it's unlikely their name will come up again.

He's most likely a Rice alternative.

Let's be honest here, there aren't too many top #6/8s in the market right now and quite a few top sides are actually looking for one this summer. To think Arsenal will just get two of them and others will sit idly watching us do it is wishful thinking.
Douglas Luiz was a special case. We desperately needed a backup after Elneny got injured, and Luiz was refusing to renew his contract with Villa, so we tried to capitalize. We have other alternatives now and Luiz has renewed his contract.

GunnerShy

I think if we really want him, the player won't choose Chelsea over us. A flukey cup run papered over the cracks, but Chelsea have been battling to scrape into the top 4 for the last 6 years. And most of that was before they sold! They're on the decline, with a garbled disgruntled squad, too few people who know what they're doing and what will potentially be budget issues. Whilst we, finally are ascendent.

BIoodBrother

I think that in our enthusiasm we believe that signing Rice and Caicedo has become somewhat likely.
I think it is more of an outside chance.
There are plenty of reports that this kind of outlay is not plan A, especially with Chelsea driving the price up high again.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Lol that was just Alex Crook speaking on the radio at Talksport. I heard it, at the same time he also said dont rule out Arsenal buying both Rice and Caicedo....Basically he knows as much as us.

@A_G !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Cry
Reactions: A_G

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I don't think KT has a future here. The fact Teta didn't start him as LB in final games when Zinny was out tells you all you need to know.
Was saying this to my friends last night who were saying they would like to still keep Tierney.

I think the fact he didn’t play him was telling about Arteta’s plans for Tierney and by the same token, influence Tierney’s desire to leave.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Wilshere's comments on Rice have me even more convinced the plan is Rice & Caicedo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom