• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Moises Caicedo

Would you meet the £80m asking price?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Please vote in the poll.

Leonardo Dicaprio Vote GIF by Global Citizen
I voted no but in torn. No if there is an alternative that isn't silly money. Yes if there is no alternative.

I dunno its so late we probably have to

WiscoGooner8

Just pay the 80m now or move on. We don’t have time to try to call their bluff. We can’t afford to not sign a mid this window. We won’t care if we paid an extra 20m if he’s good. Would anyone care if Ødegaard had cost 50m at this point? Unless it prevents us from buying players if the guy doesn’t work out, I don’t care how much he costs when we are in this position. If it was 20m extra for an aging guy or one with minimal potential it’s a different story. That’s what happens when you wait until the end of the January window to upgrade a position that has been thin for years.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Just pay the 80m now or move on. We don’t have time to try to call their bluff. We can’t afford to not sign a mid this window. We won’t care if we paid an extra 20m if he’s good. Would anyone care if Ødegaard had cost 50m at this point? Unless it prevents us from buying players if the guy doesn’t work out, I don’t care how much he costs when we are in this position. If it was 20m extra for an aging guy or one with minimal potential it’s a different story.
They dont want to make him our record signing thats the issue.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Just pay the 80m now or move on. We don’t have time to try to call their bluff. We can’t afford to not sign a mid this window. We won’t care if we paid an extra 20m if he’s good. Would anyone care if Ødegaard had cost 50m at this point? Unless it prevents us from buying players if the guy doesn’t work out, I don’t care how much he costs when we are in this position. If it was 20m extra for an aging guy or one with minimal potential it’s a different story.

Timing is everything whoever Edu calls as a back up will try to get over in negotiations as well. I think it will happen i called it a while back at 80ish

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
This is going to get done.

Brighton don't mess around or barter. They want £80m. They're not going to accept another bid of £74m or whatever.

If Arteta and co think he'll help us win the PL and we have the funds for it put the £80m down on the table and end it.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Going to be interesting to see if they can snatch Haidara from Leipzig. They're a feeder club too, so won't easily block their players from good moves. But they're 2nd in Bundesliga so need a good replacement too. Not easy.

How much will it be though? Earlier I thought maybe 60 million pounds from Bundesliga? Then Brighton can buy the Shakhtar defender for 20 million pounds? Keita cost 53 million pounds 4,5 years ago from Leipzig, but not sure how long his contract was. Might have been two years, but not sure.

Haidara is a good midfielder, and they would have two players who have 5 year contracts instead of one unhappy player who wants out and has 2,5 years in contract. Would make sense to sell in my opinion if they can do these deals.

It makes you think that maybe we should take that £60m and offer it to Leipzig for Haidara, his stats look better and we can trust Brighton's scouting

Farzad Stoned

Heard Brighton are signing big Andy Naylor as a replacement:
2019-07-andy-naylor.jpg

Are they throwing in the artificial hip as part of the contract? Hope someone charges the buggers 25 million for the 150 million they got from us and are crying about for 3 players.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Timing is everything whoever Edu calls as a back up will try to get over in negotiations as well. I think it will happen i called it a while back at 80ish

I said no to the poll. But like, wasn’t easy. You know?

Farzad Stoned

It makes you think that maybe we should take that £60m and offer it to Leipzig for Haidara, his stats look better and we can trust Brighton's scouting

It is exactly what Edu told them i bet. Brighton does not hold all the cards the guy with the big coin calls the shots if he is willing to pay big enough

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Just pay the 80m now or move on. We don’t have time to try to call their bluff. We can’t afford to not sign a mid this window. We won’t care if we paid an extra 20m if he’s good. Would anyone care if Ødegaard had cost 50m at this point? Unless it prevents us from buying players if the guy doesn’t work out, I don’t care how much he costs when we are in this position. If it was 20m extra for an aging guy or one with minimal potential it’s a different story. That’s what happens when you wait until the end of the January window to upgrade a position that has been thin for years.
That's not how negotiations work. It always takes ~2-3 bids.

Final bid will likely be ~80 million pounds, and if they would offered it straightaway or now, Brighton would ask for 90 million or more.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It’s 28th of Jan. why make serious offer now when you can fvck around until last day

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I said yes to the poll because I think he's a good player who helps us win the league this season, I think if we were competing for 4th I wouldn't want to spend that sort of money but he's probably worth it to bump our title chances up
Same. He could be the difference & it's worth paying over the odds for that reason. At least we can say we tried.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Older and adaptation required.

Caicedo is a dangerous signing for the league. Gets rid of a major drop off in quality for Xhaka and Partey. Allows us to close games and chase games better. Allows us to rest players and rotate. Nobody wants this signing to happen as they know what it means.

Partey is our biggest weakness right now. As much as we would miss Saka. Martinelli still gives us quality there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom