• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBF

Martial would be unreal but he's already rejected us once.

HBL

Established Member
Barca will sell Dembele in the summer in my opinion, having watched basically every Barca match in a La Liga & Champions league I think it would be a massive gamble for any club to sign him for £100m

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Dont believe it one bit but Kane has to move, there is only so much he can achieve with Tottenham which is basically just a high goal tally, I get Shearer was good but **** being a Shearer, Defoe or Kevin Phillips, he's better than that and titles will leave him remembered differently to them once he retires.

Always thought he would suit Utd, Madrid would definitely be a challenge.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Man City linked by Sky and transfermarkt.de to Lemar, Mbappé, Thiago, Fred, Jorginho and 17-year old Vasco da Gama forward Paulinho, who has been linked with both Milan clubs, as well as Ateltico, who apparently had an offer of 15m turned down. His release clause is set to be 30m.

Barca will sell Dembele in the summer in my opinion, having watched basically every Barca match in a La Liga & Champions league I think it would be a massive gamble for any club to sign him for £100m

https://www.transfermarkt.de/dembel...leben-als-in-dortmund-ldquo-/view/news/305566

Just from yesterday, their source is an interview Dembélé did with Téléfoot.

- 18 games, 1 goal, 7 assists
- admits it's hard to settle in at Barca
- gets more chances and gets better since February
- lots of injuries during first half of the season
- lives healthier than in Dortmund
- says he's still not in top physical form and currently works on his cardio: "I'm tiring too fast right now."
- good relationship with the stars, including Messi and Suárez, who give him lots of advice
- "I've signed for five years at Barca and I'll stay a long time. I don't want to leave after just one season."

Absolutely no chance he'll leave Barca coming summer. Don't know where the notion comes from he might be sold. Lad was injured for half a season and had no chance to show what he's got. He cost them over 100m, no way are they binning this player after one horribly injury plagued season.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Man City linked by Sky and transfermarkt.de to Lemar, Mbappé, Thiago, Fred, Jorginho and 17-year old Vasco da Gama forward Paulinho, who has been linked with both Milan clubs, as well as Ateltico, who apparently had an offer of 15m turned down. His release clause is set to be 30m.

https://www.transfermarkt.de/dembel...leben-als-in-dortmund-ldquo-/view/news/305566

Just from yesterday, their source is an interview Dembélé did with Téléfoot.

- 18 games, 1 goal, 7 assists
- admits it's hard to settle in at Barca
- gets more chances and gets better since February
- lots of injuries during first half of the season
- lives healthier than in Dortmund
- says he's still not in top physical form and currently works on his cardio: "I'm tiring too fast right now."
- good relationship with the stars, including Messi and Suárez, who give him lots of advice
- "I've signed for five years at Barca and I'll stay a long time. I don't want to leave after just one season."

Absolutely no chance he'll leave Barca coming summer. Don't know where the notion comes from he might be sold. Lad was injured for half a season and had no chance to show what he's got. He cost them over 100m, no way are they binning this player after one horribly injury plagued season.

Never has been much logic behind the rumours, if for example Barca were to sell him this summer he would probaby fetch around 50-60mil barring some top world cup performances, for any club selling under the purchase price and say losing 40mil on a player after one season wont go down well with the fans and is very embarrassing for the club and especially current president with their election process etc

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
How are Barca going to fit Messi, Suarez, Coutinho, Dembele and Griezmann into the same team?

HBL

Established Member
He may want to stay but the fact is if he performs like he has this season again next season he’ll be gone.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Good thing that Pogba is struggling at Manure. Might hold that wimp Griezmann from joining them.

Just hope the Barca link is real. Suarez is probably soon finished anyway.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
City are eyeing Mbappé & Alcantara

In no world is City signing these two. Neither Bayern nor Qatar FC need to sell. Even under FFp scrutiny, paris will either somehow cheat on their balances or create revenue through dodgy deals, no way will they sell Mbappe. They also got some sellable assets like Di Maria, pastore or Draxler to generate revenue. Thiago is actually quite settled at Bayern and they hate selling above all else. That's why I give more value to the Kane to Real than to the Lewandowski to Real rumours. If someone can make a player stay at a club with all force, it's Hoeness and Rummenigge at Bayern. Just look up the Ribéry to Real/Barca/Utd/Chelsea saga around 2009, I think.

Make no mistake, City are still signing Fred, Jorginho, Lemar, another fullback and that Gabriel Jesus 2.0 from Vasco, though.

Last edited:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
In no world is City signing these two. Neither Bayern nor Qatar FC need to sell. Even under FFp scrutiny, paris will either somehow cheat on their balances or create revenue through dodgy deals, no way will they sell Mbappe. They also got some sellable assets like Di Maria, pastore or Draxler to generate revenue. Thiago is actually quite settled at Bayern and they hate selling above all else. That's why I give more value to the Kane to Real than to the Lewandowski to Real rumours. If someone can make a player stay at a club with all force, it's Hoeness and Rummenigge at Bayern. Just look up the Ribéry to Real/Barca/Utd/Chelsea saga around 2009, I think.

Make no mistake, City are still signing Fred, Jorginho, Lemar, another fullback and that Gabriel Jesus 2.0 from Vasco, though.

Do PSG even own Mbappe yet? Or was the whole loan thing just to mask the finances to sign Neymar in the same summer.

Edit: saying that I dont even know why I even bring up anything relating to financial fair play like its actually a thing :lol:, its been pathetic since it was first implemented and might as well be scrapped.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Too early for Mbappe to move from PSG they didn't even bought him yet. About Alcantara maybe if Bayern found much better replacement.

City are for sure buying Fred from Shakhtar. So I don't think they'll buy Alcantara or another midfielder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom