• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PRO EVO 5

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
bluenaz said:
TheHotshot said:
Yes Beckham is better at free kicks but when I used Pirlo his crosses are accurate.

My ML team:

-----------Landreu---------------
Lauren--Senderos--Terry--Cole
Pirlo--Perotta--Fabregas--Reyes
Berbatov--Henry

subs: Proto,Campbell, Gilberto, Hleb, Adriano

I sold Pires and Freddie since so many teams want them at a high price especially Porto, they like arsenal players. they tried to get Ljunberg, Pires, Hleb and Toure :?:

why do you have berbatov instead of adriano

I use Berbatov because his conditions are better. Everytime I use Adriano for 2 consecutive games his conditions gets worsed. Plus Berbatov can head my crosses better than Adriano.

gotnothin

Plus Berbatov can head my crosses better than Adriano.
Really??? :? i reckon Adriano is close to the best striker in PES 5. He's massive, and just dominates everything in the air. He even owns Sol sometimes...sometimes :lol:

mccroix

my ML team:

-------------------frey--------------------
----lauren---kolo---kompany---cole----
--------------------------------------------
---------gilberto----apiah----------------
--freddie---------------------reyes------
-------------torres----------henry-------

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
gotnothin said:
Plus Berbatov can head my crosses better than Adriano.
Really??? :? i reckon Adriano is close to the best striker in PES 5. He's massive, and just dominates everything in the air. He even owns Sol sometimes...sometimes :lol:

I know but Berbatov can hit with both foot while Adriano usually use his left foot all the time so when I play him on the right he shoots like a blind monkey. But I like using Adriano for outside the box considering his power is 99

gotnothin

i have to give Rooney a plug here. He just has immense power and his speed is suprising. Plus, he seems to hold ppl off the ball extremely well and his shots are bullets :x

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Yeah I know. What surprises me in this game is that Cassano is very poor. I cant believe his conditions are only 3 and consistency 4. Cassano deserves a lot better than that.

Oh yeah and Rooney is awesome in this game.

gotnothin

Had a BIG PES5 session last night and found myself getting in the 'groove' 8) One improvement about this version is that if you get your timing right the shots are unbelieveable :shock: not to mention some of the acrobatics the players can do :lol:

the more and more i play this game the more respect i give it.

Tegh

Established Member
Can't dribble for sh!t though, it's hard online for the PC, much easier to play on the PS2.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Tegh said:
Can't dribble for sh!t though, it's hard online for the PC, much easier to play on the PS2.

Agree. I never quite conquered football game (except FM) on the pc.

gotnothin, you said the players can do acrobatic moves. Can you teach me what button to press? I sometimes can pull it off but sometimes dont because I just press whatever button (shoot button ofcourse) whenever there is an oncoming ball.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Some of the stats are a little dodgy like Bergkamp its like they rated him from 3-4 ago.
Henry's condition is at 3 even though he plays most of our games during the season without much of a problem..
Luckily enough there is a huge patch that I know of with more realistic data and the lot such as kits and updated stadiums.

Tegh

Established Member
Double/tripple tap R2, and some players will do a flip-flap.
Twist the R3 stick (right analogue) in a circular motion and you will do a maradona turn (the trick Zidane does). Holding shoot and pressing pass will perform a fake shot. Apart from those the rest are relatively useless, and the stepovers barely do anything.
It's about quick turns of speed, and the R2 dribbling, which is still hard.

seb_afc

Established Member
will they get rid of highbury after this game and introduce ashburton grove as a new stadium? i hope so, cus i dont want to play as arsenal at highbury next year when as sad as it may be we dont play there anymore.

Tegh

Established Member
I doubt they'll leave it in.
I can't shoot for S H I T lately on PES5 online.
Create all these openings but can't put the ball in the back of the f-ucking net.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Tegh said:
I doubt they'll leave it in.
I can't shoot for S H I T lately on PES5 online.
Create all these openings but can't put the ball in the back of the f-ucking net.

Hey Tegh, thanks for the info and Im going to try it right now.

Btw, you can't shoot online? You mean you cant shoot because theres no opurtunities or there's something wrong with your game/console or are you just a rookie?

Tegh

Established Member
Well, I'm pretty decent, make more than enough chances for myself, can keep posession. However, online it's a lot harder than on PS2, it seems slower so the defender can suss out where you're going easier and move there in time.

I just lost 2-0, both from free kicks via ****E defending, Horseface chested it down inside my area ffs and volleyed home, then another Saha turned and shot inside my area with three defenders surrounding him. Was a bloody joke.

Everytime I get through on goal I hit it at the keeper, don't have that problem on the PS2. I play online with the PC. D-Pad bashing = thumb cramp! Ouch.

I guess for the PC I'm a rookie finisher, the Peter Crouch of PES5 so to speak. Still, beat Real 3-1 before that against a dude ranked much higher than me. I just don't take my chances as often as I should.

Tegh

Established Member
Keep tapping L2, L1 and R2 to do stepovers of varying length, speed, etc.
One-two's are useful on beating players, but not all the time, and you're able to do scissor kicks and pele's but that's all down to timing. Which, is nigh on impossible online for the PC when the opponent can move his dude infront of you.

I always seem to get pushed out of the way on headers too, usually I win them, but the last match my dude didn't even jump when I'm pounding the buttons.

One pissed off Tegh!

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Tegh said:
Keep tapping L2, L1 and R2 to do stepovers of varying length, speed, etc.
One-two's are useful on beating players, but not all the time, and you're able to do scissor kicks and pele's but that's all down to timing. Which, is nigh on impossible online for the PC when the opponent can move his dude infront of you.

I always seem to get pushed out of the way on headers too, usually I win them, but the last match my dude didn't even jump when I'm pounding the buttons.

One pissed off Tegh!

Hehe...

Hey Tegh how am suppose to do a scissor's kick? What am I suppose to press?

Tegh

Established Member
It's all about timing, you have to press it at the right time, otherwise you'll just head it. It's difficult.

Lukazan

Established Member
Yeah, it's not like old fifa games where double tapping shoot will perform a volley/overhead kick etc.. in PES5 players will shoot at goal depeding on their position.

If you put a cross in and it's slightly behind the player and you press square there is a good chance they'll perform an over head kick.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom