• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pundits and their wisdom

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I don't understand why this interviewer is asking him the same question phrased in 10 different ways. The answer won't change.

Because she wants him to crucify himself on live TV, that interview is one of the worst I have ever seen on tv.

He has had a moment of madness and apologised for it, he was almost reduced to tears BUT you get these people who want him punished even though they are not offended in anyway whatsoever. She dont give a **** nor is she really that offended just playing up for the camera.

When she brings up her own kids its just pathetic.

People act like they are saints the moment someone has done something wrong, ok I get spitting is bad but how many times have we seen people completely flip and lose it due to road rage, Carragher can have a bad day too, being in the public eye shouldnt change that.

Actually feel sorry for the guy and hope he keeps his job to be honest and wish he was a bit more honest in that interview and told her to **** off.

Lose/lose situation with them questions.

P.S - Joey Barton can **** off too, you put a cigarette out on a youth team player which IS FAR WORSE!

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I hope the next time some of you have a bit of banter with someone, you get your teeth knocked out. It wont matter as long as they're 'man enough to say sorry. You'd be a coward if you pressed charges as well, because once you get an apology, that should be the end of it :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He got roasted in public by his own employer. Seems like halfway through the interview is when he realizes he's ****ed up and might be fired. Guy gets on the verge of tears. Give him a break now, do we need to cook people to the bone for their mistakes?
Sky getting him in the studio to get 'roasted' is the agreed path back into his job. He's doing this for himself, firstly, and for then his employers.

As for getting 'cooked to the bone', again, all that's happened is he's been suspended by his employers, and social media has passed and is still passing judgement. He's not going to jail and he wont receive lashes. What's happening to him now is totally normal. Nobody cared when the likes of John Terry was found to have banged his mates ex missus... He got it worse than this ffs! Or When Suarez bit another pro on the field of play... This guy gobbed at a 14 year old girl who was sat next to her father and it should be let go now because he said sorry :lol::lol::lol:

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

P.S - Joey Barton can **** off too, you put a cigarette out on a youth team player which IS FAR WORSE!

Yeah, that part made me laugh.

When she brought up tweets from Vinnie Jones who has assault charges and Joey Barton, another one of footballs highly esteemed rolemodels to gather their thoughts on the situation.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If I was wearing my work ID and I spat at a member of the public because they laughed at my haircut or did something equally as trivial, I'm losing my job without question and I'll no doubt face charges.

Why should Carragher be any different? Oh, he used to play football, is a millionaire and earns a few hundred thousand pounds a year. Got it.

Maybe spitting is a more acceptable response where some of you are from. I dont know, but Im scratching my head here.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
As a Scouser, he obviously has excess saliva. If you talk to someone from Liverpool, you get drenched. That's what happened here, imo.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
That interview was one of the most shocking things I saw lately. It's as if she was looking into any way possible to make him fold and embarrass him even more. From minute 8 onwards, he was about to choke.

Now, Carragher is a proper biased pundit often berating us, but leaving that aside, the world has gone mad. What the hell do they want him to do more, bend on his knees and start crying. He was close to tears, mind.

I am sure his lawyers will get a deal with the (**** of a) father filming while driving to get a lot of money.

Most likely Sky will have him back in few weeks, while in meantime Carragher contributes to charities and works on his PR.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That interview was one of the most shocking things I saw. It's as if she was looking into any way possible to make him fold and embarrass him even more.

Now, Carragher is a proper biased pundit often berating us, but leaving that aside, the world has gone mad. What the hell do they want him to do more, bend on his knees and start crying. He was close to tears, mind.
It was set up that way. And judging by the reactions to the interview, it had the desired result for Sky and Carragher. Job done.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Think it's blown out of proportion tbh. I've spat at many people over my time from kids, to old ages pensioners, mothers, daughter etc and they simply get over it, never apologised once.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The family who went through this "ordeal" are now saying they don't want Carragher to be sacked. Should have thought of that before selling the video to the Mirror.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The family who went through this "ordeal" are now saying they don't want Carragher to be sacked.
:lol: As I said, the interview yielded the desired result.

And to that girl, it was an ordeal. She was shaken by that without a doubt.

What's wrong with selling the video anyway? Dont tell me you wouldn't do the same. They didn't ask him to flob at them, did they? You see, that's where it went wrong. There'd be no video without the flob!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The 40-year-old said: “It was a bit more than, ‘Hiya Jamie, it was 2-1’. It went on for two or three times. I drove away at first and it just continued. I lost my head. I shouldn’t have done it but I was thinking what is a grown man doing, carrying on like that two or three times with his daughter in the car?”

Carragher has since said he will "apologise again properly" over the incident - and claims that he did not see the young girl.

Lying piece of sh!t as well. **** me.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom