• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,470,376

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Ceballos and Pepe are exciting signings but unless we sign a cb that can improve our central defence this transfer window will be a failure. I assume that the recruitment team realise this.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Would be somewhat wary of the Newcastle defenders. They play with five at the back in a very deep and defensive setup. Playing for Arsenal is a lot different.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Ceballos and Pepe are exciting signings but unless we sign a cb that can improve our central defence this transfer window will be a failure. I assume that the recruitment team realise this.

Is it a failure if they can’t find a CB that can improve the defence?

Before the window If someone said to you we’ll sign Saliba, Martinelli, Ceballos, Pepe and Tierney this summer you’d laugh at them.

This window cannot be a failure.

At the moment we’re chilling on a 6/10. Tierney brings it up to 7/10. CB 9/10 and add right back cover is a 10/10.

7/10 window, for me, is great.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Is it a failure if they can’t find a CB that can improve the defence?

Before the window If someone said to you we’ll sign Saliba, Martinelli, Ceballos, Pepe and Tierney this summer you’d laugh at them.

This window cannot be a failure.

At the moment we’re chilling on a 6/10. Tierney brings it up to 7/10. CB 9/10 and add right back cover is a 10/10.

7/10 window, for me, is great.

Yes, it would be a big failure if we dont sign a cb that can improve the defence. Its easy to score goals against us and that wont take us back to the champions league.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yes, it would be a big failure if we dont sign a cb that can improve the defence. Its easy to score goals against us and that wont take us back to the champions league.

You think one CB signing will change everything then? We’re talking a VVD level signing that would change the defence in that manor. 1 man, unless he’s on VVD’s level. Cannot change our defence to that degree.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
You think one CB signing will change everything then? We’re talking a VVD level signing that would change the defence in that manor. 1 man, unless he’s on VVD’s level. Cannot change our defence to that degree.
I'd say a good ball playing calm CB would make a dramatic difference along with new width. Without the wide players, fullbacks and a good ball player at CB we failed to really control and stretch the game while we were inviting constant pressure on us without the kind of threat we now have in the squad.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot

I am asking for someone that can improve the overall quality of our defence, not Beckenbauer. You doesnt have to be world class to improve our central defence, its actually enough if you are on the Sokratis level.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Laschelles would be a good signing to be honest. Has a lot of good attributes. Newcastle wouldn't sell cheaply though. Schaar might be a smarter idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten
Top Bottom