<

Reiss Nelson (Loan)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Dec 24, 2019.

1. AbouCuéllar

AbouCuéllar Well-Known Member

I worry that he just doesn't have 'it'. Even against MK Dons he looks to have been lacking personality and ideas, look at him beating a man and putting in a cross to no one, or making a lay-off passively to the opposition.

In the end, having personality is important if you want to be a top footballer. Reiss may just not have that personality.

I don't understand why he didn't come back with more confidence from Hoffenheim after scoring so many goals in few minutes, and a few of them fantastic.

2. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/riess-nelson-2020-21-performances.34392/

Post that here instead, mate. I thought there was a link for a loan ffs :lol:

3. Token Yank

Token Yank Well-Known Member

Good player. Won't make it here. Too meek/lacks power/explosiveness. Will do well in another league.

4. jaystewart

jaystewart Member

Perhaps his loan to Hoffenheim wasn't all that good. I don't watch any Bundesliga, but the media/social media impression made him seem to be on par with Sancho at the time. From what you read, it seemed psychologically demanding on him. It started off great but then he became a a bit of a liability by the sounds of things.

I am hasty to judge but to be fair, I don't think its good enough to hold onto somebody and wait anymore. Iwobi is an excellent example of that. It is too profitable to miss selling players who lack killer instinct because people still think theres special ability yet realised. Sometimes you have be cruel and set up get the best price. Otherwise, he has to go on loan because he is no good here with a bit part role because he is a here purely as a prospect in my opinion.

Token Yank likes this.
  5. WiscoGooner8

WiscoGooner8 Active Member

From what I watched at Hoffenheim he wasn’t anything like Sancho. Seemed like majority of his goals were him being in the right place at the right time for a short range goal.

dka91, Gooner416 and NieThePiet like this.
  6. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One Trusted

7. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

He needs a loan, doesn’t look like a top footballer to me. Lacks confidence/plays within himself.

Wrighty4eva, field442 and Sanchez11 like this.
  8. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

If good bid comes I'll try to sell many youngsters ahead of him.

9. Sanchez11

Sanchez11 Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

He womy make it here!!

10. yousif_arsenal

I'll include him in deadline day loan move for Zaha.

asukru and al-Ustaadh like this.
  11. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Good news, just need to loan him somewhere he'll get plenty of playing time.

MutableEarth likes this.
  12. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Why would Palace loan us Zaha :lol:

They’ll get relegated without him. It’s a one man attack.

13. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Give him a loan and see at least. Barely played the last couple of years.

If he’s getting regular game time I’m sure we could get a good fee for him.

asukru and El Duderino like this.
  14. yousif_arsenal

Because nobody buying him and he available roy begging for someone to try buy him. A loan with obligation from his favorite club could be tempting

15. Wilshero

Wilshero Active Member

A loan to a PL club would be great. Think he would improve a lot playing for someone like Graham Potter.

16. El Duderino

17. bingobob

bingobob A-M’s Resident Hunskelper Trusted

Wee trip north of the border.

18. El Duderino

Actually think that would be a great idea. Weaker league, but on a team that needs to perform because they're expected to win it + the 10 in a row thing.

I wouldn't want him to go to a place completely devoid of pressure to perform and with no stakes.

bingobob likes this.
  19. Blood on the Tracks

Blood on the Tracks Well-Known Member

Sensible decision, he needs to get some first team games under him to build a bit of confidence,if nothing else. Hopefully a lower Prem club will take him. Brighton or Fulham would be decent moves.

At worst he'd being increasing his value for a future transfer. I still have hope that he's going to develop into a good player for us though, it's just taking a while for everything to click for him.
    Not every youth prospect blows up immediately like a Saka.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  20. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

But they need money to replace him because with Nelson they will get relegated.