• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We should offer Leicester a straight swap with Alexis, on the condition that Mahrez plays his best every week for us. That way, we'll be alright... or even better off. :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I would happily sign Mahrez if Özil exits this summer but cant see how both + Xhaka in midfield is anything but regression to Wengers previous ideals.

I cant think of another team that attempts to fit this number of granted v.talented but niche players into the same eleven.

For me it requires the set up to be perfect tactically & puts unneeded pressure on those behind. I just dont see Wenger winning the league going down this route again.
It's funny, because we've all witnessed it happen over and over again, yet here people are advocating collecting a team of show ponies with no balls again. It's easily done when you see all the talented players on offer. But lest we forget!

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It's funny, because we've all witnessed it happen over and over again, yet here people are advocating collecting a team of show ponies with no balls again. It's easily done when you see all the talented players on offer. But lest we forget!
In fairness we know Wenger is unlikely to change so best off getting more show ponies like Mahrez in and losing some of the runts we already have.

At least we may lose playing well.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
In fairness we know Wenger is unlikely to change so best off getting more show ponies like Mahrez in and losing some of the runts we already have.

At least we may lose playing well.
Maybe... Maybe we need to fully embrace the spirit of 2008 once more. But this time spend through the nose!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We should offer Leicester a straight swap with Alexis, on the condition that Mahrez plays his best every week for us. That way, we'll be alright... or even better off. :lol:
Desperate so desperate. This afternoon really got to you. :lol::lol::lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

To be fair Özil's guaranteed to bring Mahrez up a level anyways, he did it for Alexis.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Desperate so desperate. This afternoon really got to you. :lol::lol::lol:

Desperate? Bloke clearly has one of those nervous breakdowns he talks about.

Everybody involved in the Alexis thread has moved on and not thought a second about that again, but this guy has taken it to this thread, making one awful joke, in two seperate occassions in fact.

Everybody's terrified, DT is on fire.:lol::lol::lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Desperate? Bloke clearly has one of those nervous breakdowns he talks about.

Everybody involved in the Alexis thread has moved on and not thought a second about that again, but this guy has taken it to this thread, making one awful joke, in two seperate occassions in fact.

Everybody's terrified, DT is on fire.:lol::lol::lol:
Then he tries to spin it as if you're the one trying to claw back ground. :lol::lol::lol:

KingVerse

I see him as a luxury signing. IE we don't need him but he would be a pretty good option on the bench. If Roma are in for him, chances are he could pull a Salah and end up next year in Liverpool for 70 billions.
However, I would never ever want to drop Sanchez and get him instead....their mentalities are the complete opposites and no matter what's happening with sanchez off-screen, he ALWAYS gives his 100% during the game. Last season we all saw that that isn't exactly the case with Mahrez.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Gervinho was a skillful player. I think people forgot the guy was actually very good at taking on players and skipping past them. His issue was not being able to finish the chances he created for himself.

Anyway my point is Italy caters for players who have pace and can take on their man

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Gervinho was a skillful player. I think people forgot the guy was actually very good at taking on players and skipping past them. His issue was not being able to finish the chances he created for himself.

Anyway my point is Italy caters for players who have pace and can take on their man

If Franck Ribery couldn't finish for crap he'd have been Gervinho.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
It was annoying enough with certain posters ****ting up the Alexis thread, but do we have to tolerate them ****ting up this one with the same topic as well?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
And if he couldnt pass or make good decisions :lol:

If you've mostly only seen him play for Arsenal, I can see why you'd think that. He was really lacking in confidence then. But at Roma he created a lot of great opportunities for his teammates. Not at Ribery level, mind you, but pretty darned good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom