• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Samuel Eto'o

qs

Established Member
Yould want 10 million and Eto'o for Henry. Almost every club in the world would swap their top striker for Henry. I think we'd be very silly to let him go. I know people feel he isnt direct enough or selfish enough but you cant argue with his goals and assists contribution. No matter who you replaced him with you'd be unlikely to get more goals and assists per season.

A

Anonymous

It's silly to even contemplate selling Henry..part deal.. half deal , deal half.. Couldn't care less.. Henry personifies the best about Arsenal.. which is probably one of the reasons why Arsenal seem a different team without him.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Kha0z said:
It's silly to even contemplate selling Henry..part deal.. half deal , deal half.. Couldn't care less.. Henry personifies the best about Arsenal.. which is probably one of the reasons why Arsenal seem a different team without him.

Be that as it may, the fact is unless Henry signs a new contract in the next nine months, Arsenal will HAVE to consider selling him.

dev_atdi

I would never swap Henry for Eto'o, no chance. Keep Henry. If we get Eto'o normally, fine, but keep the king.

A

Anonymous

RocktheCasbah said:
Kha0z said:

Be that as it may, the fact is unless Henry signs a new contract in the next nine months, Arsenal will HAVE to consider selling him.

True, overall.

wer

i would not consider selling Henry at all. i also think Eto'o is very selfish, both on and off the pitch. If he moves it will be chel$ki, no other club needs him

TRUE GUNNER

eto is a quality player and would be just what we need, hes quick, hes got skills and he scores goals. I wanted him before he went to barca, but the only thing standing in the way of him coming to arsenal is chelsea.

BUT maybe when he sees that he could be playing in our new stadium it might just change his mind.

A

Anonymous

Double Amen.

Heck.. I'd swap almunia for a double whopper meal with extra cheese.

Lukazan

Established Member
IMHO Eto is overrated.

He is a good striker yes but he is just benefiting from playing in a brilliant team.

I tell you, put Yakubu in there or Camara and you get exactly the same result.

His finishing at times is totally erratic.

kel varnsen

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Would swapping Eto'o for Henry be that bad an idea? Henry will be 29 next summer, with a year left on that contract, whilst Eto'o is 24. Eto'o is also, from what I've seen direct and skilled in most disciplines of the game. He'd give us something different, that's for sure.

NOTE: I am not saying we should do this, just that if we could, it might be worth considering.

henry is ten times the player eto'o ever will be, end of story...

GraPu

Ashley cole + money for Eto'o ???

Edit : For me, any idea to swap Henry with anyone is stupid, definitely stupid,100% stupid. It's like we don't respect any loyalty he has given to us. No hard feelings ok

dev_atdi

LuKaZaN said:
IMHO Eto is overrated.

He is a good striker yes but he is just benefiting from playing in a brilliant team.

I tell you, put Yakubu in there or Camara and you get exactly the same result.

His finishing at times is totally erratic.

I think it's more the fact the players round him bring the best out've him. Without them, he would be that not-quite-top-class striker he was before. But all that's changed now... he's lethal and one of europe's top strikers.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Would swapping Eto'o for Henry be that bad an idea? Henry will be 29 next summer, with a year left on that contract, whilst Eto'o is 24. Eto'o is also, from what I've seen direct and skilled in most disciplines of the game. He'd give us something different, that's for sure.

NOTE: I am not saying we should do this, just that if we could, it might be worth considering.

henry is ten times the player eto'o ever will be, end of story...

Hmmm, I know everyone has bad days, but I wasn't that impressed with what I saw from Eto'o last night. His goal was made easy for him, and everything else he did (that I saw) ended badly. His decision making would piss even the staunchest Reyes critics off.

Ratinho

Established Member
Kha0z said:
He could play off Henry, but not replace Henry.

whs

Eto'o needs the chanmces created for him. He's a predator, but he's not overly clinical and he's definitely not a player who can drop off and work for the team.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom