• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Fighting **** & Glory Glory Go Into Meltdown

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I see the delusional ****s have moved on from “ every team rolling over “ for us, to the idea that we’ve got the refs in our pocket and it’s corrupt.
Did they miss the obvious pens we weren’t given yesterday? Or the blatant time wasting Brentford were allowed.
Hard to take this lot talking about Havertz cheating seriously when they have Son and used to have Kane diving Atleast once a game and calling it “ clever “
14 points behind us though! :lol:

I do miss that time when they had 2 more points than the Invincibles at that same point in the season.

Addled their collective brains into thinking they'd pull it off as well :lol:

Melquiades

I see the delusional ****s have moved on from “ every team rolling over “ for us, to the idea that we’ve got the refs in our pocket and it’s corrupt.
Did they miss the obvious pens we weren’t given yesterday? Or the blatant time wasting Brentford were allowed.
Hard to take this lot talking about Havertz cheating seriously when they have Son and used to have Kane diving Atleast once a game and calling it “ clever “
14 points behind us though! :lol:

The ref stuff is hilarious given that the biggest reffing/VAR error of the entire season - by a mile - went in Sp**s favour to hand them (at least) two extra points in the standings. Zero shame or self-awareness there.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
From their "Can we still win the league?" thread

Win our next 5 and why not? With the other fixtures in that time it's likely a run of 5 wins from now would put us within 5 points of top at least. It's a tough ask, but not impossible.

You are looking at the 3 top teams to essentially crash and burn at the same time with 10 games to go.
I don’t think it’s ever happened before. Happy to be corrected.

The Uber positive will say first time for everything I guess.
However as it was pointed out the other day there’s a fine line between delusion and Uber positivity!!

It'd obviously be a remarkable turn of events, but I don't think winning our next five is too big an ask, and if we do that we'll suddenly be in a position which doesn't look quite so far-fetched.

Again, all optimistic hypotheticals, but if we get into that tough run in April 5 points off top, with games against City, Woolwich, and Liverpool in our hands, I think most of us will be thinking why not. At the very least it looks like we'll have a part to play in the title race, whatever that is, which is more than we could have asked for at the start of the season.

If we were 5 points off top in even joint second place then you give yourselves a small chance.

Bit if you still have 3 times between you and top spot the statistics and history tells you it’s too much of a gap.

I would be interested to see what the biggest comeback to win the league is with ten games remaining.
In terms of points caught up and position.

History also says woolwich fall away and we finish above them.

Personally not interested in their history, or any other history, I'm interested in this team winning every game from now and seeing where it gets me.

I’ve always said if we’re within 6 points of top when we play those 3 big games in a row, we have a chance

Loving the optimism in this thread ,knowing us we lose to the goons but take points off the other two and let the unthinkable happen .

That’s the key thing this season. We only need to be within 2 points (or 3 points and GD ) on the last day of the season. And we play all three of the clubs we’re competing with before then. Woolwich or City or both drop points in their head to head too. So we are in the title race still. Barely, but with Ange it could just about happen still.

86 points is our max if we win all our games. If we win all our games we would take points off all the top 3. The only concern is that there is one top 3 fixture left which is man city v the **** where either could drop points. So to win the the league we'd have to go on a incredible run and hope the top 3 also drop points outside of fixtures against us.

I agree with you but a lot can happen in ten (eleven) games. The top 3 will all drop points. Say we beat Fulham this weekend and Brighton get a point against Liverpool. Woolwich and City draw. We are then 2 points closer to all of them (who we still play) and with a game in hand too, and it then starts looking more plausible

If that were to happen, we'd be 6 points off top. We then play before the rest to take that down to 3 points.... Incredibly.

But that relies on us winning our next 3 games and Liverpool, City and Woolwich all dropping a point in their next league game. City vs Woolwich could quite feasibly be a draw but Liverpool will beat Brighton quite comfortably imv

They'd also have a game in hand over us. But we'd still have to play all 3.

I think we just need to push as hard as possible but with one huge eye on next season. If we get it right this summer then next season could be very interesting indeed. Liverpool - no Klopp, Man City - how much longer can Guardiola motivate them, **** - same, Arteta has been there a while now, players will start to stop listening.

We just need to keep our important players in the summer and buy some more quality throughout the squad. Also luck of course, we need that.

Last edited:

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Wait, they really have title hopes?
Funny GIF

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
"History also says woolwich fall away and we finish above them"

"I’ve always said if we’re within 6 points of top when we play those 3 big games in a row, we have a chance"

"Win our next 5 and why not?"

...these are people who have never seen their team win the FA cup, nevermind a league title!

Where do they get this confidence from, 16 years and nowt for a reason lads 🤣

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
"History also says woolwich fall away and we finish above them"

"I’ve always said if we’re within 6 points of top when we play those 3 big games in a row, we have a chance"

"Win our next 5 and why not?"

...these are people who have never seen their team win the FA cup, nevermind a league title!

Where do they get this confidence from, 16 years and nowt for a reason lads 🤣
Just to be clear about how long it's been since they won the league, it was still illegal here in America for my black father and white mother to marry each other when they last won. The CD also had yet to be invented.

Melquiades

Just to be clear about how long it's been since they won the league, it was still illegal here in America for my black father and white mother to marry each other when they last won. The CD also had yet to be invented.

US Civil War veterans were still alive.

Colour TV wasn't invented yet.

Man hadn't been into space.

Canada's flag had a Union Jack on it.

The 3 teams that finished just behind Sp**s were Sheffield Wednesday, Wolves, and Burnley.

There were still uncontacted tribes in Australia.

George Best had never yet had a drink.

Nobody under the age of 65 can even remember it.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

"At the very least it looks like we'll have a part to play in the title race, whatever that is, which is more than we could have asked for at the start of the season."

"So we are in the title race still."
@GoonerJay24 take a look at Sp**s fans. If you think Arsenal fans are funny thinking they are in the title race when leading the league with 10 games left, I'm sure you find these absolutely hilarious. Just beware that you don't die from laughing. :lol:
Yep, that's why I'm saying we've been in this position many times since moving to the Emirates. It's funny seeing Arsenal fans and the media pretending this is something new. I have seen this seasons story upto now for years. We're only in a title race with 5 or 6 games to go imo.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

At the very least it looks like we'll have a part to play in the title race, whatever that is, which is more than we could have asked for at the start of the season.

Uffff I bet they already printing the “When we had a say in the title race” DVD covers

GoonerJay24

@GoonerJay24 take a look at Sp**s fans. If you think Arsenal fans are funny thinking they are in the title race when leading the league with 10 games left, I'm sure you find these absolutely hilarious. Just beware that you don't die from laughing. :lol:

Lool, Londons famous Flopspurs, Always good for a laugh! 😃

Even that creep face poostecoglou said last week theyre still in the title hunt or something. Deluded, weird club and fanbase.

Tbf they could be building something under Ange. Stylistically their transformation into a more attacking side is impressive. But, unless Levy backs him; doubt theyll win anything. Could see United or Liverpool going in for Ange tbf. Good manager, but still a creep.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

These guys don't want their legendary player to win anything at other clubs. I'm pretty sure Arsenal fans wanted Henry to win things overseas.

"I'd be over the moon with a league cup!" "We can be better! We can win stuff!" Sounds believable. :lol: Over the moon with a league cup, hahaha!

"Arse are the better team but the bottle gene is powerful." That's thick coming from Sp**s fan. :lol:

On top of these, the last quote is brilliant as their tiny minds think that Bayern can sign players when the transfer window isn't even open. :clap:
I know. I keep getting told how hard it is for us to win a bloody league cup & we should be grateful for 1 every 24 years! . Then when someone they claim is ****… united won it, they say it’s a worthless cup that no one cares about.
I’d be over the moon with a league cup. Imagine us winning it & then just shrugging & saying how it’s a nothing cup that no one cares about.
The only silver lining if Woolwich win the title is maybe some of the pro enic & levy guys will realise if Woolwich can win the title then why are we justifying settling for a league cup every 24 years. We can win it too. Especially when the ticket prices are so high etc. We don’t have to accept playing 2nd fiddle to Woolwich & telling the world we can’t compete with the likes of them.

We can be better! We can win stuff! (Conte emoji)
Whilst we don't want Harry to win anything, we want him to win this match right?
Tuchel just needs to keep it tight at the Emirates, then id fancy Bayern to do them at home.

Arse are the better team but the bottle gene is powerful. If not now then certainly against man City/Madrid over 2 legs
Mate.. Bayern Munich wouldn't be anywhere near mid table with or without kane.

That club while not as good as they were a few years ago, Do not accept being 2nd and will do whatever is necessary to make sure they remain at the top of the German football food chain.

They will sack managers, DOFs and sign the rest of the Bundesliga if they have to.

Woolwich will lose this one.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom