• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Koscielny Dilemma

The Escaped Ape

I wonder if assuming there is a linear order of preference is misleading? For a game like last night, he might be one of the first choice CBs. I'm not sure how valid it is to assume he'd automatically be third choice against every PL team either.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
It's perfectly valid to assume that he'd be third third, as it again falls under the matter of opinion, which are by default, always valid.

( In modern society ;) )

arsmile

Established Member
i think kos is right up there with robin as our best player so far this season.

he'll be very unlucky to be dropped when verm comes back- i'd stick him straight at RB until sagna is fit, and then i think per will have to up his game to stay in the team.

Floating

Established Member
arsmile said:
i think kos is right up there with robin as our best player so far this season.

he'll be very unlucky to be dropped when verm comes back- i'd stick him straight at RB until sagna is fit, and then i think per will have to up his game to stay in the team.

Agree!

Jbruin

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=862-LJJ3P0U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=862-LJJ3P0U</a>

Kos V Marseille by CWD.

mistaT

Established Member
He's been a lot more consistent this year, which is what many faulted him on last year.

If he can sort out his (in)ability to play the offside trap all could be good!

Glovegun

Established Member
Class in Europe, still a bit hesitant in the Premiership. Wenger needs to get him in the weights room.

Kain

Established Member
Much better today, Kos usually struggles against the s*** kicker teams like Stoke yet he was very alert and in control, should never have been penalised for the challenge on Crouch that led to their equaliser, was a well won header.

perfectly timed header, never a foul

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Kain said:
Much better today, Kos usually struggles against the s*** kicker teams like Stoke yet he was very alert and in control, should never have been penalised for the challenge on Crouch that led to their equaliser, was a well won header.

Never a foul, that lanky piece of sh1te went down like he was shot, :bash

fabo

6.51 / 10
Had a good game today, Walters beat him to provide an assist for Crouch but I don't think it was his man so he was maybe unaware of the threat until late. Btw, the collective defending was absolutely shambolic for that goal, we really are a joke on set-pieces.

All in all, Per and Koscielny are starting to do quite well together. Chelsea will be another different test for them, probably the toughest yet, Interested to see that, especially Mertesacker.

mistaT

Established Member
fabo said:
Chelsea will be another different test for them, probably the toughest yet, Interested to see that, especially Mertesacker.

I think Koscielny will be able to handle Torres just fine, my concern will be more with the likes of Malouda or Kalou running at Djourou or Santos :|

Has it been confirmed that Mata will be out? Hope so, facing Chelsea with a starting forward line of Torres, Sturridge and either Anelka or Malouda isn't nearly as bad as Torres/Drogba/Mata.

alboots101

Established Member
1970*Gooner said:
Kain said:

Never a foul, that lanky piece of sh1te went down like he was shot, :bash

Now I`v`e seen it without the lag, defo not a foul.

Bossa

Established Member
We should move him to rb after TV returns. He has the attributes to play there. He's got pace, good on the ball and a good tackling ability.

McIntyre

Established Member
Kain said:

Crouch has made a career out of winning such free kicks. For a guy who's 6'7" he's incredibly poor in the air.

So he'll always look to win free-kicks by backing into defenders or gain an advantage by clambering all over them.

At international and European level he gets found out because clever defenders get underneath him and look for the foul every time (as he did here). AC Milan did it brilliantly last season at the San Siro.

But when a defender who's 6 or 7 inches shorter than him anticipates the ball better and clearly outjumps him it's a real shame when the ref falls for his ploy and gives it in the striker's favour.

Poor refereeing.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom