• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The most underrated players.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Said it before and I'll say it again. The Giroud era is the worst periods this club has gone through in my lifetime anyway.
To be fair, star signings aside I'd say it's one of the worst overall teams we've had in the last 20 years.

The defense became decent and the rest of the team became a mess.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Carrick - the guy is still doing his job and a damn good job too!
Kane - As mentioned he is world class!
Cazorla - Our midfield is a mess without him.
Defoe - Anywhere this man goes he scores and I hate that he was a Spud
Hulk - He can destory defences with his pace, shot and strength
Quaresma - Such a neat little player who really didn't get his chance in my honest opinion.

These are just a few names that come to mind.

BobP

Memri Fan
I've got a real doozy, who here remembers Marcelinho of Hertha Berlin and Wolfsburg?

Absolutely electric player, so much attacking verve.

BobP

Memri Fan
I've got two more:

Serginho who played for AC Milan for most part of the 2000s. Watching videos of him made me want to be a swashbuckling fullback.

Second one is a manager but whatever: Claude Puel. Some may say he failed at Lyon but his work at Lille before going to Lyon and now at Nice has been fantastic, constantly overachieving. Also won Ligue 1 with Monaco.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

What about Kaladze? In all honesty I don't really know how to rate but seemed to be a key defender for Milan in the 06-07 season.

Goon_si

Hard to say underrated since he's such a big name, but I feel like Mascerano has always been a bit overlooked. He never or very rarely gets mentioned in conversations for best central defenders, and I believe he's been an absolute rock for years. Almost impossible to get past him and he's fantastic on the ball. Also always gives 100% and is a model professional. I think its a joke that Pique is often labeled as one of the top defenders, and not Mascerano, even though he ****s on him all day.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I've got two more:

Serginho who played for AC Milan for most part of the 2000s. Watching videos of him made me want to be a swashbuckling fullback.

Second one is a manager but whatever: Claude Puel. Some may say he failed at Lyon but his work at Lille before going to Lyon and now at Nice has been fantastic, constantly overachieving. Also won Ligue 1 with Monaco.
Great shouts.

Bonera I think was underrated because I'm yet to figure why he was at Milan all this while.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Edu Gaspar was underrated AF, reminds me of a Tiago Mendes/Thiago Motta like player.
Man I loved Edu, was so disappointed when he left, well that might have been because we lost a lot good players around 2005...

Everything went downhill for Edu too when he left Arsenal.

Last edited:

Sykes

Hatem Ben Arfa. The most naturally gifted player and the best dribbler after Messi.

I don't buy the 'bad boy' label as I've never seen him do half the nonsense that some average mugs do and still retain clean image. He's absolutely misunderstood and has been unfairly labelled 'bad boy' by the French media just because he clashed with the forever overrated Benzema.

He was very unfortunate to play under some clueless managers who did not know how to handle a mercurial talent like him.

He's single handedly carrying OGC Nice this season with his mesmerising dribbling, vision and goals, and they might even finish 2nd if things go their way.

I just wonder how it would've turned out had we signed him instead of Samir Nasri.
He should've joined us instead of Marseille. Such a player playing under Pardew is just a shame...

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom