• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The rewritting history thread, or how Mikel/Arsenal turned it around. Or didn't. What even IS real?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
It was not losing authority over Guendouzi. It was the rest of the team. If you set standards, and you allow people to break them. You are undermining your authority and that will have a detrimental effect on people watching.

It's possible it might have been handled differently by Mikel or another manager, but as I said, I honestly can't image this scenario unfolding under a well known experienced manager. By the way lool up how Ten Hag handled two players at Ajax Youness and Noa Lang. They undermined his regime once and he did not let that pass. He got a lot of flack for the way he handled that. But he set the standards. Now he is rightly praised.
I was talking about the rest of the squad too.

Younes and Lang are good examples, both are known to be dickheads on an entirely different level to what Guendouzi has done, Younes especially has fallen out with every single club he's ever worked at and just recently got a manager sacked because the manager literally choked him in front of the squad lol.

Just like I didn't say anything about his handling of Özil you wouldn't hear a word from me if Arteta even resorted to physical violence with guys like him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Lol. I'll just leave here.

4-E91-B8-A5-0-DF4-4-B5-F-8654-0647-C72-C0134.jpg
Ooooh wow looks like nobody is omniscient.

I’m genuinely pissed off that I’ve woken up and got mentioned on this thread.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Lol you know exactly where I have stood
Man idk I literally woke up to this thread. Apologise if I’m missing contact.

People are still trying to make themselves look better than those who wanted him sacked when it was perfectly reasonable to do so. He wouldn’t have survived at any other top club and that’s as close to a fact as you can get without proof.

It’s even worse when it’s coming from guys who quit the forum rather than stand by their points. He needs to have some shame.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yes you have been resolute, and backed Arteta for a long long time.

Im sure you waivered here and there though, because times got tough. So Ill get back to you on that one ;)
Pretty sure only "waivering" from me was not having the energy to defend him non-stop after I had explained my stance and views over and over already, while this place is a toxic wasteland during bad results.

And all the posters who attacked Arteta and his backers in countless ways, now try to diminish those backing him "why didn’t you guys use all your time to defend him when we were barfing on your face non-stop, it was only at least 200 vs. maybe 5 posters situation!".

As if anyone is required to do so, when they have already explained everything, but people don't listen or understand the overall situation, which I was right about and backed him to have two years to rebuild the mediocre squad for modern football, if there was a clear trajectory in the plan and performances, without losing the dressing room.

The wrong assessment of the squad quality is a big part of why many got it so wrong. And now people slyly diminish Arteta's achievements by bringing up how much money was used, while there were not much sellable assests.

say yes

forum master baiter
Impossible to explain how enjoyable it is watching all the big men on here who pretend they understand ball reverse ferret their way out of their terrible Arteta takes.

Nothing wrong with wanting Arteta sacked. I did same with Emery, went over the top in calling him clown and stuff.

But I still stand by what I said, we need to give coaches time to success here. Our squad was in shambles.

Arteta really has impressed me!

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Nothing wrong with wanting Arteta sacked. I did same with Emery, went over the top in calling him clown and stuff.

But I still stand by what I said, we need to give coaches time to success here. Our squad was in shambles.

Arteta really has impressed me!
I remember most of this forum wanted you permabanned at one time. First couple seasons some of the posting was dreadful but anyone sensible could see your talent and the mods were right to back you.

Now couple years later you are top 5 poster and Snackmedia has moved into a new office based off your hits.

Not all heroes wear a Trusted Badge.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Oh god you guys realize Arteta is a football manager and not your boyfriend right ? Standing by your man is great but lets not act like the guy hasn’t made some terrible rookie mistakes that no other giant club would stand for. Facts are facts and i was Arteta in firmly and vociferously until his CL debacle, which i still maintain was one of the most shameful tank jobs i can remember in sports.
After CL debacle i reversed 180 degrees to not liking him. The football until this year was agricultural at best and the results were awful.

Ps he wins league and i will pucker up and kiss his skinny jean wearing backside and ask for seconds. I am a football fan, i reserve the right to be fickle and trash the crap out of our multimillionaire manager anytime he acts like a boffhead. I am married to Arsenal, regardless of who the manager is. If i feel any player or manager is not up to the standards of the mighty and famous Arsenal, a world football institution; then whoever it is can go get F ed.

Pps he ain’t done anything yet other than an FA cup, no one hands out awards for moral victories

gamechannel

I think expecting to win CL next year or league and if not firing him is a bit OTT. I have doubts on him but I think with city around in the league and also it being the first and only CL this arsenal have been in, winning either is a stretch.
Progress next season the league, higher points , better defence and not collapsing at the end would be significant progress and put us very close to winning it.
As for Europe, need a good run into the Ko's. Getting out the group is a minimum but would be good progress. Europe takes a while for players and managers to grasp especially a young team like this. And CL is a big step up from europa.
So please tell me why we got rid of Wenger then? He was consistently fighting against the financially mighty City, Chelsea, United.. I find the defeatist mentality that we shouldn't be expecting to win diddly squat as long as mancity are around. Ridiculous. We are Arsenal football club, not Newcastle united. We should be expecting to win stuff after giving a new manager 4 years to shape the squad with significant financial backing. It's time to start winning.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So please tell me why we got rid of Wenger then? He was consistently fighting against the financially mighty City, Chelsea, United.. I find the defeatist mentality that we shouldn't be expecting to win diddly squat as long as mancity are around. Ridiculous. We are Arsenal football club, not Newcastle united. We should be expecting to win stuff after giving a new manager 4 years to shape the squad with significant financial backing. It's time to start winning.
This. The fans abused Wenger so we could win the league. But after a few years of being a top 8 team, they changed their minds, even though the club’s provided more funds for transfers since 2019 then they gave Wenger for the whole 22 years.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
This. The fans abused Wenger so we could win the league. But after a few years of being a top 8 team, they changed their minds, even though the club’s provided more funds for transfers since 2019 then they gave Wenger for the whole 22 years.

Wenger was a genius, revolutionized Europe football. Arteta’s own supporters don’t even view him or judge him like a man. How many times do we hear the refrain years into the job that he is a young manager like some Affluenza Prat that needs coddling. I don’t care if he is learning, WTf are we truck driving /vocational school for middling managerial talent?

IrishGooner93

What happens to man city's "squad cost"? Arteta and arsenal finished above several sides with higher squad costs than arsenal and finished below a team with a high squad cost and a much much higher wage bill. Or do you just do mental gymnastics to support you're bizarre infatuation with wenger?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wenger went like 13 years without winning the league, and lost the league to Leicester ffs
And Sp**s have spent more than Arsenal since the Prem began, and haven't won the league for 60 years. Liverpool have spent way more than us and have only won the league once in 30 years. Wenger won 3 titles and 7 FA cups. But more importantly he's the only manager to go unbeaten for a whole season and the only manager to score in every game of a season, despite City and Chelsea being funded by oil wells and Ferguson out spending him by a factor of 10 over their rivalry.

Learn some history and stop being a dimwit.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

What happens to man city's "squad cost"? Arteta and arsenal finished above several sides with higher squad costs than arsenal and finished below a team with a high squad cost and a much much higher wage bill. Or do you just do mental gymnastics to support you're bizarre infatuation with wenger?
You are never going to get an honest answer on this question from @Makingtrax. I personally think the reason the whole squad cost thing was brought up so much, was because it fitted an agenda. Now it doesn't, so you don't hear it. You might when the glove fits again.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
This stuff just gets circular when Arsène gets brought into it.

Arsène got treated harshly to a large extent towards the end and it's made some Arsenal fans bitter towards the club or fanbase. Fine, I see that totally and agree to a certain extent.

You don't then judge subsequent managers by the same harsh standard you were annoyed about Arsène receiving, just to prove a point or make things even though :lol:

For good or bad Arteta should be judged on his own merits and achievements ( or lack of them)not constantly being compared to Arsène. It's just silly 'My dad could beat up your dad' stuff.

IrishGooner93

And Sp**s have spent more than Arsenal since the Prem began, and haven't won the league for 60 years. Liverpool have spent way more than us and have only won the league once in 30 years. Wenger won 3 titles and 7 FA cups. But more importantly he's the only manager to go unbeaten for a whole season and the only manager to score in every game of a season, despite City and Chelsea being funded by oil wells and Ferguson out spending him by a factor of 10 over their rivalry.

Learn some history and stop being a dimwit.
Please calm down. Your obsession is unhealthy.
He lost out on the title to Leicester!! He failed to qualify for Europe for consecutive seasons or win the league for many years. Was past his prime for a long while since 2005. He was removed because of it. As any other club would do. Get over it and accept it.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom