• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
est said:
Manuel Neuer.

I really can't tell if he is as good as a lot of you make him out to be.

He looks a bit dodgy coming for crosses, and he comes charging out of his goal even more then Lehmann use to.

Floating

Established Member
He had a shaky moment today, but it seemed more like lack of experience than lack of quality.

He'd be such a massive improvement.

est

GoonerGurjit said:
est said:
Manuel Neuer.

I really can't tell if he is as good as a lot of you make him out to be.

He looks a bit dodgy coming for crosses, and he comes charging out of his goal even more then Lehmann use to.

He's as good as any young goalkeeper out there I'd say. Makes some mistakes here and there, but no goalkeeper is perfect. And I mean minor mistakes. He's certainly an improvement over our current clowns who drop clangers left and right.

He's also a more realistic target than any other top 'keeper(except Frey perhaps).

Bossa

Established Member
Maarten Stekelenburg is better than all of them. But of course Handanovic, Neuer and Benaglio are all class. Neuer is very raw but I believe that he will become world in a few years. Stekelenburg is at the right age now. He has this calmness around him which I dont see very often.

Bossa

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
Freidrich is it? He'd be spot on

Poor player. People tend to put random names here just because they play and win in big teams. Friedrich is probably one of the worst centre backs that I've seen playing for Germany.

My TV channel were analyzing the German centre backs and they showed how vulnerable those two are. They are poor in the buildup. They looked absolutely clueless when they had the ball. Play a quality striker against them and they will get turned inside out.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Handanovic has not impressed me that much.. i would rather sign Benaglio than Handanovic.. maybe I've just seen him too much for Udinese to think this his form for "some" of the WC has been OK.. (other times, not so much)

Benaglio reminds me of a bigger, cooler version of Sheldon from "Big Bang Theory"

Floating

Established Member
Honda's freekick and assist today were both brilliant. I don't know if he could cut it in the PL, but he looks a player.

Clockend_Original

Proof said:
Does anyone rate Maarten Stekelenburg ? I didn't see him on a regular basis, but when I did he looked very good.

He would be better than what we have, and better than a 37 year old Australian. Think I'd rather have Manuel Neuer, or the Buffon's replacement, or Buffon actually, but Stekelenburg would be a darn sight less stress for the defence than Crazy Al or Flappa. The Dutch link with RVP, the Ajax link with TV, good call, especially if Gregory Van Der Wiel and/or Jan Vertonghen would move with him?

Also if Clichy goes, Philipp Lahm. Or actually sell Clichy get Lham.

qs

Established Member
Lahm always seems to play better for Germany than he does for Bayern. Don't think I'd swap Gael for him.

I wouldn't mind your man Periera for Uruguay here.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Honda isnt that fantastic if you have seen him long enough. Granted he had a great game, but on a more consistent basis, he is not that good.

More of a Benayoun kind of level, lower than Lee CY imo

est

Clrnc said:
I really like CY Lee, but I think Honda has more end product at the moment.

Lee has 3 years on him, mind.

Kraig

Established Member
Kjaer now please mr wenger!

Neuer or stekelenberg would be a good fit, although I'm holding out hope for joe hart...

A dreamer...

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
est said:
Clrnc said:
I really like CY Lee, but I think Honda has more end product at the moment.

Lee has 3 years on him, mind.
Honda is very hit and miss though. Wait till you see how he play for CSKA, shoots every single time he gets the ball and balloons it over the bar. When it works, its good but when it dosent it gets very irritating

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom