• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Vermaelen (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

He's barely played any football in ages and is a crock and has been bad when he has played, mostly.

BobP

Memri Fan
I'd imagine Barcelona fans are seething, still cannot believe my eyes £15M for a player who hasn't been first choice for a season and a half and is on the last year of his contract?

I demand all those involved on the Arsenal side of negotiations to be knighted for this, that's includes Dicky and Ivan.

Error prone, injury prone, last year of contract and not even a starter...**** me.

Brotherz

He's experienced though, there's not many great center backs available, Vermaelen happens to be available, plus he's been on there books for a few years now.

eye4goal

Established Member
Hearing that United bid £14m forcing Barca to raise their offer. The Barca fans are abit furious about the fee, but I think its better than buying Agger or spending a crazy amount on Marquinhos.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Revenge for Cesc that, would have loved to seen Law's face during negotiations

DanAust

£15 million

We've "bantered them off" there
7278537128_985a40c0f1_m.jpg

6038540940_a9a12d9f33_m.jpg

stiiphunn

Established Member
Sad to see him go. Great player and exceptional attitude/behavior. Happy that he goes to a club like Barcelona - he'll do well over there if he manages to stay fit.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Heard on Talksport we'll only deal with Utd if they want to swap Smalling.

That's a fair deal, allows us to keep face by getting an English international in return than the usual routine of losing players to our rivals and looking small.

Utd don't want a swap, so Barcelona it is.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
It's on BBC now:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28705483" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28705483</a>

Just have to wait the confirmation from our official website

Iceman10

Established Member
£15m... and from Barca, not United. Perfectissimo!

All the best Tommy, a fresh start should be good. Great professional conduct throughout.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
I would have sold him for that mistake at Old Toilet alone. 15m is a great fee, and it's nearly half of the price we got Sanchez for.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
So we received almost 100 million squid from Citeh in the last 5 years, we must have recouped almost from Barca over the last decade. These 2 clubs have certainly helped us pay off the stadium debt in good time....;)

Glad we didn't sell to ManUre

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Great fee for a player who's in his last year of his contract and hasn't played much in recent seasons.

City and Barca might have earned the right to play at our ground more often, they've effectively paid half of it at least with all their fees.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
Bit offtopic but this quote from a Barca fan made me laugh

I didn't see him [Lovren] at Lyon really, but I saw him at Southampton, and I saw Vermaelen when he was a starter, and even then I thought he wasn't great. Now he can't get ahead of an average defender like Mertesacker although he's the captain.. Not sure how he would be worth 20 million

Bourne

Established Member
So could one assume he and Pique eventually be the main CB pairing, seeing as Puyol has retired?

FinnGooner

Established Member
So United didn't want to have a swap deal. I'm 90% sure we tried to include Phil Jones in the deal. Would've been perfect really considering now we might be looking for somebody who can play both CB and DM

Flow

We sold ****ing Vermaelen for €20 million.

WHAT. THE. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

Genius, Wenger! :D

Vermaelen-Pique is the stuff of dreams (for Real and Athletico). :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom