• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Transfer Deadline Day Summer 2022: Much Edu About Nothing

Are you satisfied with our transfer window as a whole?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We have plenty of cover in the wide areas tbh, you're gonna see Vieira and ESR a lot in the EL and Saka/Martinelli seem to be fairly solid WRT injuries anyway, CM is the only area of concern and only because of two injuries.
Exactly what I've been saying I agree.

Keplaz

You're being hilariously bitter over very little. Never heard someone say that X player raped Y player in a footballing context? I hear it all the time on here, in the pub, at matches etc.

I bet you'd be straight over there telling them off, wouldn't you :lol:

Besides you brought the term up, if you don't want it used then don't use it you hypocrite.
We used to say he has the touch of a rapist when we were teenagers. Then we grew up.

Game Over

As it stands we've a 25 man squad which is effectively a 20 man squad which is presently nearer a 16 man squad with injuries. All too predictable.

For 4 competitions, it’s no where near enough. Wheels come off October by my calculations.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

We are pretty short squaded in general, if we let anyone leave before getting someone I'll be pretty disappointed.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Because a squad with Lokonga around was never good for me, he needed to go in loan, develop with constant football time in another team meanwhile we can fight for top 4 without him losing us points.

Even if Elneny was around a better mid was needed. One to rotate with Xhaka/Partey. And honestly I would prefer Neves than Vieira. ESR can rotate with Ode, while Neves could be rotating with Xhaka and Partey.

Now we have a boy with supposed potential who hasn't played a single minute by the manager for some reason and a Belgian midfielder who is not ready.

Xhaka-Neves-Ode would be more impactful than Vieira around warming the bench.
Nothing wrong with Lokonga playing 6-8 EL matches, half a dozen CC and FA cup matches and getting 15-20 minutes here and there. Liverpool have Elliott and Jones who are young. They don't send them on loan this season because they know they need depth and numbers.

bergholt

There’s only 11 premier league games left before the world cup.
Then the window is open again.

We’ll be fine without a winger with Vieira and ESR as cover.

Yeah that's a good point, not a long period before Jan

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

So Luiz is basically a long term Elneny replacement.

I guess if I put my Positive Peter hat on, I’d say he’s cheap, PL experienced and a good age, and as long as he’s energetic, combative and can screen the defence then he doesn’t have to be the best creator, if Ødegaard and Xhaka are also there.
Hes here as a Partey back up nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom