• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Group Stage: Sporting CP v Arsenal | October 25, 2018 17:55 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction for the Joel Campbell Wasn't Good Enough for Either Derby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
That was as good an away performance in Europe that I've seen in the longest since I can never remember time.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I think i saw him dither once. There's a Sporting fan on Redcafe, he reckons Guen was superb. Don't know what you're seeing, AG. I think you have a problem with continuously moaning.
It's not a huge issue, just a few times where he took too many touches. It's only noticeable because he moved it quickly when he first broke through.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
It's not a huge issue, just a few times where he took too many touches. It's only noticeable because he moved it quickly when he first broke through.
As Hydro intimated though, when you've got El Neny beside you, that's a huge disadvantage. Ramsey was also disastrous. He basically had to ignore both those two. It wasn't an issue with him, it's the way the game went. People praise Aubes for Monday and understandably but Guendoosi really had an impact too. Think you're on your own with this one.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I haven't been impressed with Mhkitaryan today. Normally he at least shows good spells but he's been bad IMO.
I think he has been our least effective performer going forward, needs to step up. No way he should start ahead of Iwobi, whatever he may be earning.

Furious.

The one with a period. Fake Furious v1
90 mins for Auba means the bench on Sunday :(

Nah, I think Auba starts on the left against Palace. It's between him and Welbz. Auba was off at 86. And anyway, Ramsey had 90, Mhky had 90. I think it's likely to be a front 4 of Laca, Iwobi, Özil + 1 of Auba or Dat Guy.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Didn't get to see the game as I was teaching, however, I am going to check highlights later. Glad to see we won with a clean sheet. Seems that once again it was the subs that Unai made and his in game management that got us the win. I am super impressed and hoping we continue this come Sunday! Thank you Gunners for making my day once again! Long may it continue this way!

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I feel so confident about our team even we struggle in the first half.

Weird feeling. I feel like we are really deadly like the old Chelsea (with Lampard terry and Drogba) even when they struggled you know they were going to sort it out at the end.

I don't totally get the old Chelsea comparison tbh. That was a mature, functional team, with a solid defensive base and experience right down the spine. Very solid. They would often go direct up to Drogba and get players running off him. The best teams found them incredibly hard to play against because they were physical and direct.

We will lose at some stage and I think how we bounce back from that will tell us a lot more than the current streak of wins.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Didn't see much problem with Guendouzi to TBF... He was playing with Elneny who constantly tried to hide out on the wings, or when he got the ball kept passing it to Holding. There was instance where Elneny just sat in the center backs line and kept passing the ball back to Holding again and again for like 5 times. Holding was probably like "wtf is happening???" :lol:

Guendouzi was the youngest player and our attack was dysfunctional and his partner was out of his dept tonight, hard to blame Douzy for anything really but we also know there is a room for massive improvement for him so he will take something out of it and learn!

I agree completely.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
That wasn't vintage but we never looked like losing that. Most dangerous moment was when they appealed for Sokrates to be sent off. If we'd gone down to 10 at 0-0 we might have struggled.

We created enough chances to win this by more than one, Welbz especially unlucky with that disallowed goal. Mkhi needs to do a lot more when he plays, not sure if he drifting too much to the right.

Holding was good today except for one bad loss. Xhaka did well at left back.

All in all a good day's work.

Vantastico

The issue was him slowing down play
We know for a fact that Douzi can do better, it just seems to me that he wants to play with world class teammates.

I'm not justifying it or saying it's a good thing necessarily, in fact it's slightly worrying that he shows these signs at such a young age, but it really just seems to me that he doesn't like passing it to certain players, like Ramsey or El Neny, because they slow down play to no end, and generally just move in spots where they can't receive the ball in areas and move it forward.

I really hope this doesn't end in him leaving us for Barca or Real. It'd be like Cesc all over again and I don't think I could handle it this time.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
No real stand out performers today, just a professional away performance. Also didn’t see much issue with Guendouzi’s play, and was more disappointed and frustrated with Ramsey who I thought dawdled on the ball too long at key times, missing several passes (off the top of my head: one where he delayed a ball to Mikhi on the break, and another to Guendouzi who was left completely unmarked at the edge of the box but he checked back to Granit).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein
Top Bottom