• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I never said praise of Emery was a dig at Wenger. I just find it baffling that he's being praised for things (playing well in big games and losing), that Wenger was lambasted for by some sections of the fanbase.

Even our defensive record, which has gotten worse despite bringing in better players than we had before is swept under the carpet in some quarters.

Although that can be chalked down to expectations being higher for Wenger and this being Emery's first season but I still find it annoying for some reason.

We should hold all our managers to the same standard.
You have forgotten that we had a huge injury crisis in our defensive line.
And our player needs time to learn proper tactics.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Our players are too stupid and too poor to be able to learn proper tactics. Hence the need for a major cull and overhaul.

A whole season later and they can't learn a bit of cohesion when defending as a team? ******.
Because wenger know nothing about modern tactics, so the players need time to adapt.

scytheavatar

Established Member
They only became a problem in the last 2/3 months? Because we were on course for 3rd until Emery ****ed it up.

We were on course until Ramsey got injured, which then exposed how **** our midfield is. A fact which many people, both the club and fans, seem to be in denial of. Why are we trying to buy a winger instead of a new midfielder? Have been saying for a while, you can have a front 3 of Neymar/Mbappe/Messi and they will still struggle if they need to rely on Xhaka/Torreira/Guendonzi getting the ball to them.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
We were on course until Ramsey got injured, which then exposed how **** our midfield is. A fact which many people, both the club and fans, seem to be in denial of. Why are we trying to buy a winger instead of a new midfielder? Have been saying for a while, you can have a front 3 of Neymar/Mbappe/Messi and they will still struggle if they need to rely on Xhaka/Torreira/Guendonzi getting the ball to them.
We know they may not be good enough but our wingers are ****.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We haven’t even got any worthy of the description. Buying wingers instead of midfielders would be like buying a roof for your house instead of a TV. We’ll need a TV as well though... so we can throw things at it when Özil plays
:drool:
I used to turn it on when Özil came on. Used to be boring as death without him.

Except for the TottenSham game.

scytheavatar

Established Member
We haven’t even got any worthy of the description. Buying wingers instead of midfielders would be like buying a roof for your house instead of a TV. We’ll need a TV as well though... so we can throw things at it when Özil plays
:drool:

You got it the other way round, the midfield is the spine of the team. What's the point of having big muscles but a broken back? Get a good midfielder into the team and I bet a lot of things will start to click. Wenger's career came to an end the moment Cazorla got injured long term, that was the moment the team started falling apart.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You got it the other way round, the midfield is the spine of the team. What's the point of having big muscles but a broken back? Get a good midfielder into the team and I bet a lot of things will start to click. Wenger's career came to an end the moment Cazorla got injured long term, that was the moment the team started falling apart.
It’s not as bad as you’re making out imo. We have zero wingers, whereas we have one very good midfielder, another who I think is poor but has his fans on here, and a few other options that could come good. So that’s better than zero.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
That's your opinion.

some Arsenal supporters would rather finish 10th playing boring football, than admit that they are wrong.
I’m sorry to hear that you would rather finish 10th playing boring football.

Özil doesn’t like to make through passes in the midfield area. He only make simple passes to the feet instead. He would only make great through passes once he reach the final third. So it’s hard for us to progress up the pitch when we are in possession. And also he never try to dribble past players like cazorla, iniesta, modric, silva did to open up more space for the team, or for himself to make a pass.

So in general, he likes to play safe before he reaches the final third. When he does reach the final third, he will still play safe, until he spot that perfect sweet moment, where nobody else sees, and try to execute that perfect final pass. This is his playing style, that’s why some people think his lazy, his job is just to get the assist but have nothing else to offer. I wouldn’t say he is lazy tho, but I hate that playing style.

Other world class attacking midfielders, will constantly help moving the ball up the pitch. Playing one twos, dribbling, making great through passes before even reaching the final third. They are always involving and helping the team.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I used to turn it on when Özil came on. Used to be boring as death without him.

Except for the TottenSham game.
In Wengers last year, pressing the off switch on the remote or clicking and closing the tab on the laptop, was quite liberating. Last season it hurt, even if it only happened a few times. I couldn’t imagine doing it the other way around. Waiting for your cue to turn the telly on must be awkward as **** :lol:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’m sorry to hear that you would rather finish 10th playing boring football.
;)

In Wengers last year, pressing the off switch on the remote or clicking and closing the tab on the laptop, was quite liberating. Last season it hurt, even if it only happened a few times. I couldn’t imagine doing it the other way around. Waiting for your cue to turn the telly on must be awkward as **** :lol:
kids have first option on the tv.

used to follow on my phone. Only watched it when Özil or Eddie or Mkhi came on.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
mistakes in big games here, so no hypocrisy from me.

Koscielny has been a liability for such a long time man, no wonder our defence is so prone mistakes and crumbling when you have this man as the talisman. One of the biggest reasons for our decline but Arsenal fans want to call him a legend.

It’s not as bad as you’re making out imo. We have zero wingers, whereas we have one very good midfielder, another who I think is poor but has his fans on here, and a few other options that could come good. So that’s better than zero.

Who's the very good midfielder?

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom