• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you mind if Beckham come to Arsenal?

Becks to Arsenal?

• Yes, we'll have the best mdfl in the world

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell no, he's a former ****!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AlexH

I agree wholeheartedly with JGooners comments...right down to the 0% chance of it happening!

On the money issue though, I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want him for shirt sales alone...there seems to be a resistance against the business side of football these days; well if you want to enjoy the good times you've got to be able to pay for them...when the competition is loaded, we need to be minted as well.

Piston Broke

I'd want him to come on the Basis my Wifes a David Beckham Fan :shock: & supports whatever team he plays in & just for once i could be proud & say she was a Gooner

Although she also Supports Henry too ;D ;D

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think if Ljungberg is a cert in out first XI, just like Pires and Vieira then the only place left is along side Pat. Then as good as Beckham may be, Gerard would be much better, as he can tackle, pass (almost like beckham, and with time might reach that level) shoot, run and rampage across the pitch, and help us defend. Add this to the fact thet he is 23 turning 24 (i think) and AW cab mould him in however way he wants to as he has time on his side. Another player with similar qualities that I like is Ballack. He also scores his fair share of goals from midfield (actually even more than is needed.). So a better question would have been 'Would Ballack or Steven Gerard Suit our game more'. Just my humble opinion anyway.

Gooner83

He lacks so many qualities in different area's, take Henry look at how he can do iddentical freekicks to Beckham, but is that all Henry can do?

Take Bergkamp, the best passer of a ball i ever seen, is that all he can do?

No, No and No.

seanconvey66

Id take Beckham, the blokes a good player. U dont do what hes done in football if u can only take a free kick! Bloody Ian Harte takes probably better free kicks and whats he done, absolutely nothing. Beckham is a very good player and i think if we got him hed only make us better

EJub

Beckham to Arsenal - I hope not.

I gave this some thought. And imagine having to discuss how Arsenal became a major club after Beckham arrived. It's enough to make me sick.

Beckham carries too much other baggage with him.

Legend#1

Established Member
EJub said:
Beckham to Arsenal - I hope not.

I gave this some thought. And imagine having to discuss how Arsenal became a major club after Beckham arrived. It's enough to make me sick.

Beckham carries too much other baggage with him.

I'm one of the people that like Beckham and think as a footballer is a great asset wherever he goes

He isn't the best in the world and is over-rated by the media but the passing, free-kicks, long shots, vision the boy has is incredible at times

But not at Arsenal, too much baggage it might cause disharmony at the club which we don't need

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom