• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yannick Carrasco

CJJ

Established Member
I'd like him but no more than 120k per week. Anything above is too much of a risk for a player who already went to China.. his head might not be in the right place.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I'm taking Carascco as signed after the 'personal terms' rumours. I really want him here now. Young enough, good enough, cheap enough - the only question mark is if he's hungry enough.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Well, here's the kiss of death. :D

However, Squawka has taken the time to analyze how Carrasco can help Arsenal in two very important ways.

They have been heavily linked with Belgian winger Yannick Carrasco from Chinese club Dalian Yifang but it is believed he is not top of their priority list with the player and his agent desperate to push a move back to Europe.

Believed by whom? John Cross?

Arsenal have been offered Carrasco but have got Bournemouth ’s Ryan Fraser higher up their list of targets and the Scotland international only has one year left on his deal. Carrasco’s club is playing hardball but Arsenal could go for him if they cannot get Fraser.

So it isnt believed that Carrasco isnt top of the list. I mean: Cross obviously knows that Fraser is higher up on the list so the word "believed" was pointless.

Can Ornstein give us some real info? Im bored by this.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
They have been heavily linked with Belgian winger Yannick Carrasco from Chinese club Dalian Yifang but it is believed he is not top of their priority list with the player and his agent desperate to push a move back to Europe.

Believed by whom? John Cross?

Arsenal have been offered Carrasco but have got Bournemouth ’s Ryan Fraser higher up their list of targets and the Scotland international only has one year left on his deal. Carrasco’s club is playing hardball but Arsenal could go for him if they cannot get Fraser.

So it isnt believed that Carrasco isnt top of the list. I mean: Cross obviously knows that Fraser is higher up on the list so the word "believed" was pointless.

Can Ornstein give us some real info? Im bored by this.

I'm constantly amazed by the lack of sourcing on claims made in the English football media. One of the first things I learned in my earliest journalism class (Journalism 101) was that you source everything because if you don't then you, the writer, are the one making the claim.

Of course that was the 70s, not the anything goes internet age. But John Cross couldn't be that much younger than me that he didn't learn these things.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
I'm constantly amazed by the lack of sourcing on claims made in the English football media. One of the first things I learned in my earliest journalism class (Journalism 101) was that you source everything because if you don't then you, the writer, are the one making the claim.

Of course that was the 70s, not the anything goes internet age. But John Cross couldn't be that much younger than me that he didn't learn these things.

Are you older than John Cross?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Yep. I was born when Sputnik was circling the Earth and the songs topping the charts were Elvis Presley's "Jailhouse Rock," the Everly Brothers' "Wake Up Little Susie" and the Johnny Mathis classic "Chances Are." Ike was President of the United States (boy do I miss him now), Queen Elizabeth II was in the first decade of her reign, Ford Motor Company had just come out with the unfortunate Edsel, the Braves had beaten the Yankees in the World Series, Floyd Patterson was the heavyweight champion, Wolverhampton Wanderers were the kings of English football en route to beating Preston North End for the title and the Munich air disaster was still 2 1/2 months away.

I'm old.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Yep. I was born when Sputnik was circling the Earth and the songs topping the charts were Elvis Presley's "Jailhouse Rock," the Everly Brothers' "Wake Up Little Susie" and the Johnny Mathis classic "Chances Are." Ike was President of the United States (boy do I miss him now), Queen Elizabeth II was in the first decade of her reign, Ford Motor Company had just come out with the unfortunate Edsel, the Braves had beaten the Yankees in the World Series, Floyd Patterson was the heavyweight champion, Wolverhampton Wanderers were the kings of English football en route to beating Preston North End for the title and the Munich air disaster was still 2 1/2 months away.

I'm old.

Age is just a number as Michael Jackson used to say.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom