• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Year of the Ox

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Ox in the Euro squad! Well played Roy.. i can see Ox coming off the bench if the team needs offence later in games.. definitely not a starter though..

good for him!

G0D

Almighty
You'd hazard a guess that Young and Walcott would be starting, an Downing offers nothing offensively so that'd just leave Ox as the offensive substitution.

ebouenolike

Established Member
Tranquil said:
Will he actually play though? Pointless taking him if he wont (obviously). Glad he has got a shot though.

What an odd point. Going to a big event like this will be a new experience, and will get him ready for the next 15 years of doing it that he will be a part of. He will train, and play against top opposition and it'll be a valuable experience for him.

And, Hodgson has to bring a SQUAD, not just a team. He will likely get some minutes, especially after Hodgson talked of 2 from Theo/Ox/Young supporting a striker.

Well done Ox, next season he's going to be lethal.

Herbas

Wasn't it a generally accepted idea that inclusion to WC06 squad did more harm than helped Theo?
Current circumstances seem to be like a deja vu with Alex.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Herbas said:
Wasn't it a generally accepted idea that inclusion to WC06 squad did more harm than helped Theo?
except that Theo had literally not played a game for us at that point.. Ox has played for us, and played against some big teams (Milan anyone?)..

not quite the same thing...

outlaw_member

Established Member
England can do well at this tournament, provided they play a 4-3-3 variant and employ very defensive counter-attacking tactics.

=============Hart=========
Johnson==Terry=Cahill==Cole
============Parker
========Gerrard=Lampard
Walcott================Young
==========Rooney/Carroll

Park the bus, play on the break, and they can be dangerous.

evoh_1

Established Member
Herbas said:

Alex is physically and technically more equipped to go to the euros than theo was at the time, he will also offer something different and new that alot of other teams won't have seen. Its good for him but I'm sure wenger is pissed off as I think he wanted him in house for pre-season without getting him back run down from european comp.

Roy said it was the milan game that tipped him, so does he see him as a CM as well as wide player?

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's certainly capable of making a big impact at the tournament but I think it's likely he'll struggle to make much of an impact. Due to a lack of minutes, the quality of team mates and the way England play. On top of it perhaps being a little early in his career.

It should certainly be good experience for him anyway and hopefully mean he won't have to go to the Olympics. He seems absolutely thrilled in his interview on Arse.com

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
evoh_1 said:
Its good for him but I'm sure wenger is pissed off as I think he wanted him in house for pre-season without getting him back run down from european comp.

Roy said it was the milan game that tipped him, so does he see him as a CM as well as wide player?
He'd have been going to the Olympics anyway so if this means he won't be going then it's preferable as he'll likely play less and be back before the season starts.

Roy also said he was impressed by the way Ox played against Ambrosini and Pirlo, neither of whom played in that match, so all we can conclude is Roy talks a lot of **** and probably didn't even watch the match.

ebouenolike

Established Member
Let's not compare Theo 06 with Ox 2012 for a few reasons:

a) Theo hadn't played a single game for Arsenal
b) Ox has played (and scored) in Champions League, Carling Cup and Premier League.
c) Theo was 16? at the WORLD CUP, Ox will be 18 (months away from 19) at the Euros. Much less pressure.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Congrats to OX, looking at the squad he has a fair chance of actually getting some playing time, there's not a lot of attacking talent and flair in this England squad.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
ebouenolike said:
Let's not compare Theo 06 with Ox 2012 for a few reasons:

a) Theo hadn't played a single game for Arsenal
b) Ox has played (and scored) in Champions League, Carling Cup and Premier League.
c) Theo was 16? at the WORLD CUP, Ox will be 18 (months away from 19) at the Euros. Much less pressure.

Theo was 17,

agree with the rest. Seeing both in the team will be good for England tbh, some pace and incision at last.

Did Adam Johnson make the squad?

fabo

6.51 / 10
Richards should be first choice RB, Glen Johnson has actually had a good season, same cannot be said for Phil Jones.

Can't see Ox getting many minutes, Hodgson will throw on Downing before him and England won't play more than 4 games.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom