• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
This might be the plan. Get Tielemans who can play DMF against easier opponents, while Partey can against tougher opponents. Tielemans is Xhaka level for the CMF role I think.

Then get another DMF like Danilo, or someone in January. Get rid of Elneny and Sambi next summer.

I was surprised to look at Partey vs. Tielemans stats this season. They are quite close in every aspect. Comments?

Press "Toggle per 90" for every stat.

Yeah, I'm worried about the overbooking and consequences if we sign Danilo or another of his type and Tielemans, but let's see what happens. I trust in God(teta).

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Xhaka/Tielemans as the more offensive midfielder, with Partey/Elneny as the more defensive one...very good options to have that.

Would take the pressure off having to play Granit every damn match too, since Sambi is looking a little lost in this league still.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yeah, I'm worried about the overbooking and consequences if we sign Danilo or another of his type and Tielemans, but let's see what happens. I trust in God(teta).
But Danilo (or some DMF) would replace Elneny, and Tielemans would replace Sambi.

What's the overbooking?

If you're thinking about Patino and Azeez, they can go on more loans. Arsenal needs more proven quality. These guys might be ready in two years and at that point one can make more decisions.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
What's the overbooking?
a) with CL we won't rotate and give as many chances to second team players
b) ESR and Vieira. If we sign a wide attacking player ESR and Vieira's only chance at real minutes is as Xhaka + Ødegaard backups. (Gabigod, Saka, Ødegaard, Mudryk--for example--, Vieira, ESR, Tielemans, Xhaka, Thomas, and Danilo is 10 for 5 positions, too much for meaningful minutes for everyone), especially in the ages ESR, Vieira, Danilo, Tielemans, and Mudryk are in, where they need minutes to evolve.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
People are seriously spoiled if they don’t want Tielemans at 15-20m or even on a free. He’s a very good footballer with solid experience and of the perfect age. Players of similar quality fetch at least twice if not more on the market.

Different league to Lokonga and a different league to this Danilo yute.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

People are seriously spoiled if they don’t want Tielemans at 15-20m or even on a free. He’s a very good footballer with solid experience and of the perfect age. Players of similar quality fetch at least twice if not more on the market.

Different league to Lokonga and a different league to this Danilo yute.
My gut feeling is that we'll wait till he is on a free, bar injury to Xhaka. I could see us going for Danilo in january.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Whos he playing squaddie to?
We will have league, cups and CL to contend with. He will get at least 25 starts here.

If we want to be a big team we have to start acting like one. And that is having a better quality of player challenging our starting 11.

I don't hear City fans complaining about Mahrez or Silva on the bench. Nor Liverpool with Jota/Firmino/Nunez/Dias for 2 spaces.

Teilemans is a great pick up for free. It will allow us to sell Lokonga, bring in a top DCM and winger and add quality in the first 11 along with the overall squad. And if it doesn't work out you sell him 2 years latter for 20m or so.

drippin

a) with CL we won't rotate and give as many chances to second team players
b) ESR and Vieira. If we sign a wide attacking player ESR and Vieira's only chance at real minutes is as Xhaka + Ødegaard backups. (Gabigod, Saka, Ødegaard, Mudryk--for example--, Vieira, ESR, Tielemans, Xhaka, Thomas, and Danilo is 10 for 5 positions, too much for meaningful minutes for everyone), especially in the ages ESR, Vieira, Danilo, Tielemans, and Mudryk are in, where they need minutes to evolve.
Not sure if you have seen my post in the Squad Analysis thread, but it's easier to continue there when we are talking about the whole squad.

I have 22 players + 3 GK's listed here:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
My gut feeling is that we'll wait till he is on a free, bar injury to Xhaka. I could see us going for Danilo in january.

I just don’t see what this Danilo guy has that makes him so special, he looks quite clunky to me, but maybe it’s something you have to watch him in a full 90 mins

drippin

I just don’t see what this Danilo guy has that makes him so special, he looks quite clunky to me, but maybe it’s something you have to watch him in a full 90 mins
For me it's about getting more cover for DMF, because Sambi can't do it. In addition this new DMF would adjust to EPL and the team already for next season.

Doesn't have to be Danilo, but I'm not sure what good options there are in January window.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'm a bit surprised we haven't looked at Koopmeiners, perhaps we have. He's the right age and can play as a number 6.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Having Xhaka, Tielemans and Ødegaard for the 8 and 8/10 in our setup is very good imo. Ideally we can add someone who can play both 6/8 as well and we have 5 quality players for 3 starting positions. With 4 comps there are plenty of games to around.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Why not just spend 20m and get him 12 months earlier, quite risky to leave the midfield so light just to save money
Why spend 20 mil when you can get him for free in a few months? We can spend that money on another midfielder and in the summer send Lokonga on loan or sell Elneny.

We'd have two new midfielders that are an upgrade on our bench option.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Better signing than Douglas Luiz in my opinion, and better yet is available on a free or possibly a “small fee” if we move for him now.

An 8 profile yes and will play the Xhaka role for us, but I feel he can also operate in a double pivot or in our 2/3 man second phase, alongside Zinchenko and White IMO. He would need some coaching on his alertness and passing selection in deeper roles though, due to the critical nature of that position. That said, I still think we need a starting 6 in the summer still.

Tielemans and Ndicka are the free signings we shouldn’t be missing out on this summer.

Legend14

Established Member
Having Xhaka, Tielemans and Ødegaard for the 8 and 8/10 in our setup is very good imo. Ideally we can add someone who can play both 6/8 as well and we have 5 quality players for 3 starting positions. With 4 comps there are plenty of games to around.
If we didn’t sign Vieira, this would be fine. Tieleman is more impactful further up the pitch and the rotation would be ideal.

I don’t think he is combative enough for deep lying.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Wouldn't be against this, but I'm just not convinced we really want him.

We have Xhaka, & ESR to come back. Hes not a player for the TP position, he isn't dynamic or athletic enough.

We have Ode & Viera also, so just not sure where he fits in. Possibly with question marks over ESR reliability, it would make sense..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom