• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Wouldn't be against this, but I'm just not convinced we really want him.

We have Xhaka, & ESR to come back. Hes not a player for the TP position, he isn't dynamic or athletic enough.

We have Ode & Viera also, so just not sure where he fits in. Possibly with question marks over ESR reliability, it would make sense..
ESR's reliability is the least concern I have regarding him

There's a huge question mark over ESR being able to play any of the current Midfield positions. The few times we have seen him as anything of an 8 in the first team he didn't look great at all.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Might have to sell ESR sooner rather than later. He's blocking forward signings and might also be blocking some number 10/8 signings as well.

All for a player who seemingly can't stay fit for extended periods. He needs to have a good second half of the season tbh.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Might have to sell ESR sooner rather than later. He's blocking forward signings and might also be blocking some number 10/8 signings as well.

All for a player who seemingly can't stay fit for extended periods. He needs to have a good second half of the season tbh.
This surgery might be useful for rest of his career so we'll give him chance how he can push Martinelli for 2nd half of season.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I think Smith-Rowe had an incredible impact last season in a dreadful unimaginative squad. I also love clubs with the identity of having youngsters from the academy break through in the first team. Nonetheless, if he cant manage to contribute in the second half of the season I'm afraid we might have to sell him. He'll represent a decent fee and frees up a spot where we need a creative player.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I think Smith-Rowe had an incredible impact last season in a dreadful unimaginative squad. I also love clubs with the identity of having youngsters from the academy break through in the first team. Nonetheless, if he cant manage to contribute in the second half of the season I'm afraid we might have to sell him. He'll represent a decent fee and frees up a spot where we need a creative player.
He'll be given next season to prove himself fitness wise, but yeah, it must be a concern to the club & if the recent photos of him are anything to go by, his weight even more so.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill

Nah that would be the wrong move I feel. I wasn’t ESR’s biggest fan when he first broke through, but I’ve seen subtle bits and pieces from him that’s completely changed by opinion. I think there’s big player there(no pun intended) for us, if we’re a bit patient with him. He has the best attributes at the club to succeed Xhaka for that left #8 role. But it all depends on his dedication and temperament.

Kysus

We need someone who is "tactically aware" in the centre of the pitch. Lokonga is not, AMN/Ceballos were not, Elneny is and that's the reason he plays despite all his limitations.

Tielemans is obviously a fantastic footballer but I haven't watched enough of him to know if he has tactical awareness or not. If he does we should sign him up.

D

Deleted member 102404

He's been awful for the majority of the last 2 years, however his form has improved a lot recently.
Perhaps he has just been unhappy?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Nah that would be the wrong move I feel. I wasn’t ESR’s biggest fan when he first broke through, but I’ve seen subtle bits and pieces from him that’s completely changed by opinion. I think there’s big player there(no pun intended) for us, if we’re a bit patient with him. He has the best attributes at the club to succeed Xhaka for that left #8 role. But it all depends on his dedication and temperament.
I hope the post shows how apprehensive I am with selling him as well, but I feel like if he cant contribute the second half of this season due to injuries giving him anóther season would just completely tank his value and hamper us in improving the squad because we're hoping he comes good.

I have wanted Xhaka out for four seasons, but this season he has been completely undroppable. There is some time to work on a long term replacement and it would be great if ESR would be his longterm successor with Patino as competition, but Tielemans could be a good alternative to ESR. would also allow us to keep enough budget for a Marquee signing at 6 and on the wings.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If you get Tielemans for free, you really even consider selling injury-prone ESR no matter his high ceiling and being Hale End guy.

That gives you an EPL proven great player plus like at least 30 million additional transfer budget.

Then buy a top winger who is fast, can dribble and score. ESR is not the best 1vs1 guy although has many great qualities.

sdotzdot

Established Member
ESR is immensely talented and he is 22, too young to be labelling a player as injury prone.

Yes it’s been a concern but from my understanding it’s a specific area, rather than regular injuries all over the place. He’s still young enough to have it targeted and fully recover.

Selling him anytime soon would be extremely daft.

Mudi

ESR is immensely talented and he is 22, too young to be labelling a player as injury prone.

Yes it’s been a concern but from my understanding it’s a specific area, rather than regular injuries all over the place. He’s still young enough to have it targeted and fully recover.

Selling him anytime soon would be extremely daft.

Problem with ESR is that he needs to play to progress but he has no place on the team. With the addition of Vieira, he has lower chance to play on the midfield as an 8 or 10. And on the winger he is not that efficient. So yeah the best option is to have him sold for 40-50m£ and buy a striker and have Jesus on the wings as back-up.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Tielemans will have lot of suitors in summer because he free. But if he has agreement with us it's useless for other clubs to negotiate.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If we could get him for say 10-15m in January I would do it. His experience will be vital those last 3 or 4 months of the season and I would trust him in a EL quarter/semi final over Lokonga. It also means one of Xhaka or Partey can be rested etc.

You don't get players of Teilemans true level for that cheap. No brainer. He's on easy street at Leicester knows he will play every week. Imagine when Arteta is drilling him and he sees the rest of the team working how they are. He will raise his game. I'm sure of it.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Rodgers said they not looking to sell. But I'd like to test them with 15m bid he ain't signing new contract
I think if Leicester win a game or two in December and they are sitting around midtable something could happen. Teilemans says let's me join a team that could win the league, Leicester are comfortable in midtable and they are offering some cash. Teilemans was trying this season because of the world cup. We seen last year he was poor because he had his eye on a move.

Rodgers nor Leicester will want a disinterested player. Especially if they can buy a replacement in Jan.

Maybe I'm just too optimistic but I think we could get it done.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I think if Leicester win a game or two in December and they are sitting around midtable something could happen. Teilemans says let's me join a team that could win the league, Leicester are comfortable in midtable and they are offering some cash. Teilemans was trying this season because of the world cup. We seen last year he was poor because he had his eye on a move.

Rodgers nor Leicester will want a disinterested player. Especially if they can buy a replacement in Jan.

Maybe I'm just too optimistic but I think we could get it done.
If anythings gonna happen itll probably take him putting in a transfer request to trigger some talks between clubs..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom