• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I would hope we would pay him less than that, 150k is very steep and he must be on half that or maybe less. I would be hoping to land him for 120-130k (unless he had a contract renewal or increase at leciester). But maybe other factors will make us have to pay more.

Well that's the thing, he can sit on his contract for a year and probably get 200k plus next summer. I still think he may do this. I've seen crazy wage figure for Koumara who just left Marseille on a free. £60m over 5 years or 230k a month.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I don't know but I'm just coping big time. I don't want him here.
He's probably not my 1st choice CM we need either, I feel we need more of a CDM like Bissouma from Brighton but if we are able to get this guy for as cheap as 25 I certainly wouldn't turn the option down. If the plan is to put Partey (when fit) deeper in front of the back 4, we might have Tielemens & Ødegaard further forward as 2 playmakers, that would look alright to me. In other words a 433 like this.

Partey
Ødegaard Tielemens

Partey may also have the option of being a DLP too. Finally we may be getting a bit of technique & creativity back.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
He's probably not my 1st choice CM we need either, I feel we need more of a CDM like Bissouma from Brighton but if we are able to get this guy for as cheap as 25 I certainly wouldn't turn the option down. If the plan is to put Partey (when fit) deeper in front of the back 4, we might have Tielemens & Ødegaard further forward as 2 playmakers, that would look alright to me. In other words a 433 like this.

Partey
Ødegaard Tielemens

Partey may also have the option of being a DLP too. Finally we may be getting a bit of technique & creativity back.
The issue for me is that he isn't good enough. He's good for where we are but not to take the step further.

I legit don't rate him. I have a deep hatred towards Xhaka but I am not even sure if he will be an upgrade on him.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

The issue for me is that he isn't good enough. He's good for where we are but not to take the step further.

I legit don't rate him. I have a deep hatred towards Xhaka but I am not even sure if he will be an upgrade on him.
Fair enough I see your point but another issue is there may not be enough CM's available who would be good enough but not keen to join us unfortunately. Until we get back into the ECL we may have to settle on guys like this below par.

Reactions: Xln

TornadoTed

Established Member

I don't think he is an upgrade on Xhaka, at some things yes, but at others no. My friend is a Leicester season ticket holder who has seen him dozens and dozens of times, he really knows his football and he isn't slightly bothered that they are losing him which tells me a lot.

Reactions: Xln

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If Raphinha is true then this one’s not going to happen imo.

Have to imagine Vieira/Xhaka will be a left sided 8 and then Partey for the lone pivot with Elneny as backup.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill

Have to imagine Vieira/Xhaka will be a left sided 8 and then Partey for the lone pivot with Elneny as backup.

Why are we going for another left footed RW when we have Saka though? Doesn’t add up. I’m telling you Saka could be off. I wouldn’t be against it.

£100m.

Then you bring in Raphinha and Olise. That’s how a club that knows what they’re doing rolls.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Why are we going for another left footed RW when we have Saka though? Doesn’t add up. I’m telling you Saka could be off. I wouldn’t be against it.

£100m.

Then you bring in Raphinha and Olise. That’s how a club that knows what they’re doing rolls.

Raph is a good creator so could play on the left tbf.

Angles don’t change all that much.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Either Martinez deal playing part of this deal or we'll leave it until late July. Either way i hope they sign number 8 because it'll be so wrong if they didn't.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Tier: saying the wrong things

Anyway, that seems wrong to me. Seems more like they spotted they have a shot at Raphinha so holding funds for that just in case. Jesus was always a target along with Tielemans.
I hope it's doesn't depend on outgoing we already short in that area. things change during transfer window the plan in summer was to buy either 2 CF or CF and winger look we going with CF and winger after Eddie extended.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
scary to leave the midfielder for last, although I understand there seem to be opportunities to sign exciting attackers it means we might just end up unbalanced once again despite spending ridiculous amounts of money.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I think Lisandro Martínez could be also thought of as a Partey backup if we get him. Looks very comfortable at DM from what I've seen.

scary to leave the midfielder for last, although I understand there seem to be opportunities to sign exciting attackers it means we might just end up unbalanced once again despite spending ridiculous amounts of money.
We haven't left midfielder for last though, already signed Fábio Vieira.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I’m just happy the club saw sense in this and moved away from this guy. He represent everything we are trying to move from

£100m.

Absolutely not. Saka is gold! A generational player. You don't sell those ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom