• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zel Time has come

Status
Not open for further replies.

silent_shadow

Established Member
Oh my god, just saw the pass everyone was talking about. Amazing. Don't think I've creamed so much over a pass for 2+ years.

No way is Wenger leaving him out of the first team squad imo, even for a loan.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Just had a look at that assist again, he looks like Thiago Alcantara when he passes it. :lol:

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
silent_shadow said:
Oh my god, just saw the pass everyone was talking about. Amazing. Don't think I've creamed so much over a pass for 2+ years.

No way is Wenger leaving him out of the first team squad imo, even for a loan.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiH4kZqxBzE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiH4kZqxBzE</a>

If you watch carefully it goes through six Nagoya Grampus players splitting both the defence and the midfield.

Kudos must go to Walcott as well for the run.

yuvken

Established Member
Didn't think I'm going to have to be the one saying this, but you all need to calm down. His talent is awesome, and that's why I was going mad initially. We all see it now.

But play for the first team? let's see how he does when ambushed by two big, bad, PL mofo's - and they'll have his number each time, you can be sure. You could see just a hint of that today, and he's a bit less comfortable.

Sure, we know he can "buy time", and has a great sense of how to handle the ball and where to go - but he's not strong enough at this point, playing him in the PL would be (at current level) deadly not only to the opposition (for his passes), but for him too (physically, and possibly to his confidence).

Let him play CoC, and see later in the season if he can be afforded a cameo here and there. This guy is a huge talent - we must do this right.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Give Zelalem #4 and we'll win the league. Wasn't sure after he destroyed Indonesia and Vietnam, no doubts about it now that he manhandled the professional Nagoya team.

Back off yuvken, you started this ****, too late now to back down :lol:

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
jones said:
Give Zelalem #4 and we'll win the league. Wasn't sure after he destroyed Indonesia and Vietnam, no doubts about it now that he manhandled the professional Nagoya team.

Back off yuvken, you started this ****, too late now to back down :lol:

Wenger+smiling.jpg

I can actually see him doing that.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Nobody's saying he should play for the first team (not me anyway) but I fancy he'll make the pitch on at least one occasion as a sub this season.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Every Zelalem through ball in this Asia tour

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toEmku38qKU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toEmku38qKU</a>

Buhry

Established Member

This kid looks brilliant, he has exellent vision and good enough technique and passing kills to make the most out of it. Give him a few years of hysical development and eperience and we'll have a star on our hands. I can see him making an impression in the cceven in the earlier rounds at least this year even.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I was there when Wilshere shone at the Emirates cup, I see Zel boy doing the same this year.

Enfield

Established Member
I’m all for keeping things calm and not making wild predictions off the back of a few pre season friendlies against a bunch of teams that wouldn’t beat Sp**s who were missing bale but this guy is the greatest thing there has ever been. Literally, I heard he walked on water last week, Cesc and Jack only did that when they were 17.

On a more serious note players who are special continually achieve more than expected. That’s why they are special. Jack went from youth team to bossing barca in the space of a few months. If this guy is special then be prepared for him to do a lot of ridiculous progression in a short space of time. If he doesn’t achieve a lot in a little amount of time then he still of course could achieve a lot.

a_fourteen

Established Member
if wenger wants to play him in the PL any time soon he is going to have to buy a ball winning DM and place him next to zelelam. remember cesc had vieira, gilberto and flamini in those early years. arteta and ramsey are not built for that role.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I remember last season the number of times MOTD picked up on Walcott runs that went unnoticed by the other players. This kid has it, he has the vision, the one thing that is near on impossible to learn. I'm not saying he will be a regular 1st team player next season but I would love to see him get a game here and there just to see what he is like against better teams than the ones we play on tour. Hopefully he will get some game time in the Emirates Cup.

Giroud

Established Member
Well with the weight he puts on those through balls and that sort of vision, throwing him on in some PL games where we are struggling to break the opposition down could be a risk well worth taking. He can create something from nothing.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Am sure he will get his chance at Emirates cup against Napoli and Galatasray it will be real test for him.

he have the talent he is a very good passer and creative player if he keep improving i can see him being in the first team squad in 2014-2015 season and after that season Bayern Munich will start annoy us about him having Bayern Munich DNA etc.. :mrgreen: .

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I propose a renaming of the thread.....

'Getting Giddy about Gedion?'... Non? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom