• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alleged Player Crisis Meeting

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

How does those meetings really work?

Walcott at the training ground : "Look ok everyone is here. Well we are having meeting at my place to discuss couple of things regarding the situation"

3 hours later

Walcott at his home : "Look ok everyone is here, lets discuss"

Usually the leaders at the Club call a meeting and they have what's called an honesty session where they point out where some players could be doing better in training, on the pitch etc. Sometimes they take it to the the Coaches like they did two years ago. However crying and how dramatic those quotes are ... pinch of salt .

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

It’s definitely Kos that was crying. Senior player, his son loves arsenal (vid he posted to his twitter), he seems a little fragile. Nailed on.
As for who leaked it, the strange way the story is told leads me to Mustafi
Have to be question marks about whether this happened but I really believe it tbh. There’s usually always some sort of smoke to the fire with these things.

scytheavatar

Established Member
If it is a leak to the English press, the player almost certainly is British. It's probably either Ramsey, Welbeck or Wilshere who did it. High chance that player is Ramsey since he has been rumored to be the source of the Sanchez bustup leak last time.

Either way whomever that did the leak deserves to be our next Captain, he is a true brave hero and should be supported by all fans.

Nemetoss

Why does this have any bit of credibility? Anybody can make this **** up knowing how easily us arsenal fans will gobble it up. You guys are usually so cautious but most on here are wondering who was the one that cried instead of figuring out if it's bullshit or not.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
@Nemetoss - Agreed that this entire story does sound a bit weak.

BTW, just saw your avatar. Wenger was actually a pretty decent looking bloke in his day! o_O

BobP

Memri Fan
Why does this have any bit of credibility? Anybody can make this **** up knowing how easily us arsenal fans will gobble it up. You guys are usually so cautious but most on here are wondering who was the one that cried instead of figuring out if it's bullshit or not.

It's the source.

Also, what's so shocking about a human tearing up?

I mean, it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I think we’ll see how true this is over the next few weeks. If we go on a winning run and beat Milan then I’d say this is rubbish as that’s not happening if you’ve lost the dressing room. If we fall apart with this pretty easy fixture list, then it’s probably true and we need to take swift action.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
The fact that the players want Wenger gone has been plain to see since last season. It's really not a revelation if you were paying attention unobscured by the "Wenger Forever" glasses.

The fact that the players need more help from the coaches is just that, a fact. Even my dog knows that Wenger and his coaches do not coach.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

1- The source is very credible.
2- Nothing in it that rings untrue or is not obvious on the pitch:-
a- Players unhappy - check
b- Players need help from the coaches - check
c- Players not playing for Wenger - check​

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Because it broke in The Guardian. They don't do gutter journalism or sensationalism. If their journalist said it happened then that's the way it was reported to them which is all they can go on especially if the source is a player at the meeting.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
My favourite quote comes from Pep: "“I’m sure he’s going to take the right decision, for the club, for him, for the players, for everybody,”

:lol: Poor Pep. He really does know nothing. Wenger hasn't made a right decision since 2012.

Malky

Established Member
I don't understand the logic behind " not playing for the manager ", they'll force Wenger out the exit door and a new manager arrives and would likely sell them anyway.
This is mainly directed at the likes of Xhaka and Mustafi.
I also hate the whole " they're not playing for the manager " well in that case the club should stop paying them. They're not petty little kids, they're professionals with a job to do for the club that's paying them, and paying them a very lucrative wage to perform to the best of their abilities. Regardless of who the manager is they should give 100% effort for the badge on the shirt.

Impact

Established Member
I think the "not playing for the manager" rhetoric is a bit trumped up. These players are well paid professionals, albeit mostly not very intelligent ones. For me, it's more a subconscious thing. The players probably don't believe in Wenger's tactics any more.

And it shows when we go a goal down. You see this groundhog day reaction from the players. They simply don't believe what they are being instructed to do will lead to success. And invariably that leads to tactical indiscipline as players try to take things into their own hands.

But ultimately, at this level, against the calibre of the teams we face (often better coached and with better players) that won't work. It's like playing Fight Night on PS4 and going all out attack, you'll get tired and your opponent will just pick you apart.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is like an episode of 'most haunted' . . . a load of gullible people watching a pile of made up tripe, wishing it was true.

Impact

Established Member
Also, I don't care what emotions you're feeling. As a leader, crying in the dressing room because you're losing is beta behaviour.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We lack leadership off & on the pitch. Its all very well having meetings without the manager but if it has no positive effect on the pitch then its pointless. The next couple of months will tell and if they do improve due to this meeting they may well end up saving Wengers arse, and I doubt that was the point of the meeting. Hopefully Pep has inside knowledge and Wenger will make the right decision at the end of the season.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom