• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 944,494
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

What were the chances of him wandering in view of the Trafalgar square WebCam, eh? Well spotted though g. What’s the weather like in Wolves?

Rainy mate, hoping it clears up so I can take my BMX out.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Some virginal comments in here. Aouar will be an Arsenal player this window. Did he make The French squad? I'm guessing yes, but it would be nice if he could spend some time settling in to London.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Yeah I know, Xhaka and Mustafi are gonna be playing here until they're 40 then get a coaching role then be on the board until they're 80. Won't ever get rid of them.
Two transfer windows that ****ed us over big time. The one where we signed only Cech and the one we splashed cash on Mustafi, Xhaka and Perez.
tiger.jpg

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Every window from 2014-2018 set us back. With Saliba seemingly not in the plans this season, it can be argued that last seasons window set us back as well.
Saliba was/is young enough to be classed as an investment though. You can’t stop signing what’s perceived as the best young talent when you get the chance just because you need players ready to contribute now. Until he plays, nobody can say it was a wasted window.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Saliba was/is young enough to be classed as an investment though. You can’t stop signing what’s perceived as the best young talent when you get the chance just because you need players ready to contribute now. Until he plays, nobody can say it was a wasted window.

Don't get me wrong I think he has a lot of potential, but given the state of the team, could we really afford to spend 30million on a player that won't contribute anything over a 2 year period? If we don't make the required signings in the next few days, the opportunity cost of that deal will be massive.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

e4d2f8123e7878da10454ad5b40c6f88506d9b53.gifv

I’m reading this thread like this.

As soon as we signed Willian I knew this was going to happen which is why I said it will be a 4/10 window around a month ago and I got laughed at.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Don't get me wrong I think he has a lot of potential, but given the state of the team, could we really afford to spend 30million on a player that won't contribute anything over a 2 year period? If we don't make the required signings in the next few days, the opportunity cost of that deal will be massive.
If we don’t, then I think it’s fair to say the Saliba signing impacted our spending this window to a degree, but covid ultimately will have had the bigger say. I wouldn’t go back on the Saliba deal now though regardless. It’s water under the bridge and we need to tackle new obstacles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom