• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 944,688
Status
Not open for further replies.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
e4d2f8123e7878da10454ad5b40c6f88506d9b53.gifv

I’m reading this thread like this.

As soon as we signed Willian I knew this was going to happen which is why I said it will be a 4/10 window around a month ago and I got laughed at.
and you'll be laughed at, again

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

As soon as we signed Willian I knew this was going to happen which is why I said it will be a 4/10 window around a month ago and I got laughed at.

You’ll be getting laughed at on Monday as well.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Why did I get an alert for this? Where you quoting me when talking to other people? So obsessed.

I was gonna burn you on one comment earlier, but decided it wasn't worth it.

AM sometimes saves earlier drafts for texts, and the quote accidentally was in my reply to Troopz.

So no, I'm not obsessed with you, no one is.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I was gonna burn you on one comment earlier, but decided it wasn't worth it.

AM sometimes saves earlier drafts for texts, and the quote accidentally was in my reply to Troopz.

So no, I'm not obsessed with you, no one is.

I'm in your mind even when you're talking to others, sus and pathetic :lol: I think you need a woman in your life.

Xanth

We were a regular CL club before that period. Maybe I should say post 2014 as 13/14 was a good season. Since then though results and performances have gone downhill, I dont see how that can be up for debate?

It's perfectly debatable. We comfortably qualified for CL in 2014/15 and were a striker away from winning the league in 2015/16. Ironically, it was the lack of spending that cost us that season. I don't think the 2013-2016 period should be included in the decline. It was arguably our best squad since 2007/08.

You'd have a point if your argument was about post-2016.

drippin

I'm in your mind even when you're talking to others, sus and pathetic :lol: I think you need a woman in your life.

I have a woman, thanks.

You just jump at any attention claiming people are obsessed with you. Take a look at the mirror, you clearly love it.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's perfectly debatable. We comfortably qualified for CL in 2014/15 and were a striker away from winning the league in 2015/16. I don't think the 2013-2016 period should be included in the decline. It was arguably our best squad since 2007/08.

14/15 was a step back from 13/14 imo. We were far more competitive in 13/14 as we were in the title race since March. 14/15 we were well off the pace all season. 15/16 we were never convincing imo, and got a lower points tally than the previous two seasons.

Regardless, the general trend in the period has been one of decline. This coincided with a terrible use of our resources since we came into a bit of money.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I have a woman, thanks.

You just jump at any attention claiming people are obsessed with you. Take a look at the mirror, you clearly love it.

You're the one quoting me in beef I had nothing to do with then got scared, why's that my problem?

drippin

You're the one quoting me in beef I had nothing to do with then got scared, why's that my problem?

You could just ignore the alert when clearly there wasn't anything for you there, but your ego seems to need this continued attention.

Xanth

14/15 was a step back from 13/14 imo. We were far more competitive in 13/14 as we were in the title race since March. 14/15 we were well off the pace all season. 15/16 we were never convincing imo, and got a lower points tally than the previous two seasons.

Regardless, the general trend in the period has been one of decline. This coincided with a terrible use of our resources since we came into a bit of money.

There was no title race in 14/15 as Chelsea were just taking a casual stroll towards the title, so that made our season look worse in terms of competitiveness. In 13/14 we had some really humiliating defeats in the second half of the season that just left a sour taste in my mouth. Even though we got fewer points and weren't in a title race the next season, I actually think we were a better team all things considered.

The lower points total in 15/16 was mainly because we just seemed to lose all motivation as we approached the end of the season, resulting in some boring draws against teams in the lower half of the table. We had all the elements to be a title-winning team, a fairly solid defence and a midfield that was creating chances. Unfortunately, our forwards seriously underperformed, I think we broke some record for big chances missed.

Even if we only consider points totals and nothing else, we had 68 in 10/11, 70 in 11/12, and 73 in 12/13. That's clearly inferior to the period which followed.

We screwed up by not signing an outfield player in 2015 and then not making the right signings the next year.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Yeah, well, I take great comfort in knowing you ended up as bear food in Alaska :p

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
When the Lyon squad gets announced with Aouar on its list, we would do well to not come here for some time until it gets resolved one way or another - AM is already in disarray, can't imagine a level beyond when this happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom