• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
When I was a kid, we used to compare Thierry and Ruud's goal scoring records each season, to see who was the best.

Now we have kids going to war, over the exact centimetres of their CBs...football has truly peaked, tbh.

Pop Tart

Established Member
This actually reminded me of when we did this for Theo, when we signed him, Ade and Diaby in 2006...

33652418578_28bd993806_b.jpg

...was still tiny :lol:
Such a sexy kit spoiled by those wankers

Riou

I've literally watched you defend mediocrity for well over a year, I dunno why you're pretending you didn't have your ruler out as well.

You tell it like it is, Macho...this is why you are one of my fav posters.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

You tell it like it is, Macho...this is why you are one of my fav posters.
You don't mean that, but compliments are hard to come by around here so I'll take it. You're not bad yourself geezer.

Makavelii

The one one the left had a period of a season and a half before his ACL injury where he scored and assisted at peak Sterling rate in a team that scored far less than peak Sterling's City, and the one on the right would've been the best player of all time if not for injuries.

Wankers, you say? 😞

Exactly what I was thinking when I read that post.
People so keen to **** on our players if they weren't as good as the invincibles.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Have looked a various sites now his height ranges from 5ft9" to 6ft 2". Can't remember any other player having such varied stats online. It's a bit of mystery. Looking at this photo he's shorter than Stones and Pickford so I'd say the EPL at about 6ft is pretty much spot on. :lol: That's that settled.

44136917-9679465-Photographs_of_the_team_s_final_pre_tournament_photoshoot_at_St_-a-85_1623503628742.jpg
Pickford looks shorter to me, you can be a top cb at ~6ft. The rest is up to him.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
But it does mean **** if he flops and we want to move him. 120k is still quite a big wage outlay for clubs below Arsenal when it comes to wage structure.
No team below us (8th currently) will offer wages like that apart for maybe their striker but even that will be rare. And if somehow we can move him on with that salary it will greatly affect what we can get for him as we have seen before. Anyway hopefully this won’t matter and he can live up to his salary

Riou

Ade is a ****, tbh.

But Walcott and Diaby are good guys...though Theo is a bit weird at times, but fine overall.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Have looked a various sites now his height ranges from 5ft9" to 6ft 2". Can't remember any other player having such varied stats online. It's a bit of mystery. Looking at this photo he's shorter than Stones and Pickford so I'd say the EPL at about 6ft is pretty much spot on. :lol: That's that settled.

44136917-9679465-Photographs_of_the_team_s_final_pre_tournament_photoshoot_at_St_-a-85_1623503628742.jpg
Actually, you can see how White has a firm grip on Trippier's seat (probably lifting his upper body a bit) and his heels seem a bit raised; the angle of Stone's haircut is downwards compared to White's, so this is clearly an optical illusion.

Going by all this, I'd say White is 182.7 cm tall

😂😂🤣🤣

Halcyon Daze

I may be the only Arsenal fan who’s happy about getting Ben White and not really jealous of Man United getting Varane
You’re not the only fan who’s happy about White. But definitely (surely) the only only fan who’s not bothered about Varane. 28, winner, class defender. Weird how you’re not bothered.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I may be the only Arsenal fan who’s happy about getting Ben White and not really jealous of Man United getting Varane
Nah. White is on the way up, Varane is a risk we can't afford to make and had more choices with Champions League clubs anyways.

The price is spooky, but looking at Chiwell, Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Kyle Walker, Stones, even Ake who counts as home grown - all 50 mil+ except Ake who was 40 mil. All with varying degrees of success.

I guess Brighton were well within their rights to ask for that amount.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
That times article which says Ben White's wages also says we aren't paying any amount THIS window. Installments start later. If true then its great even though overall value of 50m is high.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc

Varane > White simple. But for arsenal, it’s better to invest the money on White because Arsenal aren’t trying to challenge the league next season, arsenal want to rebuild the squad so it will be better to sign players around Tierney or Saka age because you want to build the team alongside them.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Varane > White simple. But for arsenal, White is more suitable signing because Arsenal aren’t trying to challenge the league next season, arsenal want to rebuild the squad so it will be better to sign players around Tierney or Saka age because you want to build the team alongside them.
This is facts, but it's also mad condescending at the same time. Not sure why you're here.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
This is facts, but it's also mad condescending at the same time. Not sure why you're here.
To be fair shouldn’t even be compared since the two signings have different purpose. I’m here just to solve and conclude the Ben White’s height issue and debate that have been going too long on AM. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom