• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
White isn't that good in the air but he isn't even short, he's 6'1 :lol:

Gabriel is 6'3, Mari (whatever you think of him) is 6'4 and Holding (usually good despite being outjumped by Sterling :lol:) is 6'2. This is probably one of the bigger CB rosters we've had in quite a few years. It's a shame we don't also have Saliba in there to add his considerable frame but height for me is less of an issue. More pressing is the lack of actual athleticism outside of Gabriel. We've purged the more error prone defenders, now we need a bit of speed and front foot defending from the collective. I think White definitely helps us in that area, even if we sacrifice a bit of aerial security.

After White, we just need a RB who's capable of playing on the front foot himself.
Premier League data says he’s 182cm which is 5ft 11.6”. And if you say he’s not that good in the air, we’ve wasted £50m. :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sterling out jumping Holding to score his goal against us last season kinda blows all those studies out the water tbh.

I have no problems with Whites height (not saying this is what this debate is about I haven’t been following).
Sterling couldn’t out jump Holding. :lol: I like to see him try though.

In that goal, Sterling headed the ball unchallenged, Holding stood watching and didn’t even leave the floor.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
That’s because we had tall CBs.

Its how you actually defend set pieces as a team. As we've seen in pre season. One taller CB is important, but we have that in Gabriel or Mari. If all CB's that were 6ft or under were bad then you'd be making a good argument, but they aren't.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Sterling couldn’t out jump Holding. :lol: I like to see him try though.

In that goal, Sterling headed the ball unchallenged, Holding stood watching and didn’t even leave the floor.

So surely you can see as well as a "tall thing" its also a positional sense/team shape thing? You didn't rate Kolo?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
How do we judge White next to Potter in relation to this image, because Potter is apparently 6 ft 1?

View attachment 3718

Inconclusive, imo.

We can't see their feet, White might be "Tom Cruise-ing" it and standing on a box to make him seem taller...as far as I am concerned, Ben is under 5 foot, until we see him play...best to prepare myself for the worst!

Arsenal4life14

50 million is a bit steep, But you pay extra because hes English, He has the ability to become a top CB and he seems like a pretty confident player, Arteta probably sees him as a good option for high press football because White is more than capable of stepping into midfield whereas Holding i dont think can do that, Hes not quick enough with his feet, His passing is pretty average, Holding is very good at deep defending though its when he has to step into midfield and move up the field is where he gets exposed most. White and Gabriel hopefully could form a really good partnership both capable of stepping into midfield and also quick enough to get back. White has played plenty of games starting in midfield which is also useful when Partey and Elneny goto Africa cup of nations

Goonger

Also, like the fact he's played League 2, League 1, Championship, and there's been little complaints about his aerial defending in those leagues where you think he would get tested more vigorously.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Inconclusive, imo.

We can't see their feet, White might be "Tom Cruise-ing" it and standing on a box to make him seem taller...as far as I am concerned, Ben is under 5 foot, until we see him play...best to prepare myself for the worst!

This actually reminded me of when we did this for Theo, when we signed him, Ade and Diaby in 2006...

33652418578_28bd993806_b.jpg

...was still tiny :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom