• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Aaron Ramsdale

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

You've been one of the worst posters here for two months running now
Thanks for posting. I put the guy on ignore. Just don’t get the idea of a Leicester, or any other team for that matter, supporter just spewing negativity around Arsenal here. Happy for Arsenal supporters to bash Arteta, our players, owner etc. but not fans of other teams.

At least some older posters, like that West Ham guy, know how not to overstep the line. This guy is nothing more than a troll in my view. Wish the mods would ban him.

Pulp

Thanks for posting. I put the guy on ignore. Just don’t get the idea of a Leicester, or any other team for that matter, supporter just spewing negativity around Arsenal here. Happy for Arsenal supporters to bash Arteta, our players, owner etc. but not fans of other teams.

At least some older posters, like that West Ham guy, know how not to overstep the line. This guy is nothing more than a troll in my view. Wish the mods would ban him.
Small club mentality is what it is. Just let people have their little fun.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Exactly. I don't understand why mods allow this from other clubs fans.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Good to see some goal keepers pundits like David James say he have big potential but there still aspect of his game need to improve.

We were all saying we are screwed after Leno injured against Brighton and Emi came to replace him because we all know emi wasn't that great but he easily won the fans by performing and bring confidence to the back line same Ramsdale can do

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Good to see some goal keepers pundits like David James say he have big potential but there still aspect of his game need to improve.

We were all saying we are screwed after Leno injured against Brighton and Emi came to replace him because we all know emi wasn't that great but he easily won the fans by performing and bring confidence to the back line same Ramsdale can do
David James was a ***** of a goalkeeper.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Always thought James was a very good keeper, had too many clown moments to be elite, but was still quality...kinda like Szcz.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice

I don't really understand why you would even do that tbf. I don't even have the urge to join a Chelsea or Man United forum. Of even if I would be supporting Leicester, why would I join here just because one of our players is joining the club?

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric

Not worried about James questioning his passing, Hairspray says he is insane with his feet so I'll trust him,heard he has watched him extensively

Kav

Established Member
Enlighten me as to how not immediately writing off a young player is delusional?
Said poster made the following statement:

“you can’t say a player that has played pl footy so young like Ramsdale has doesn’t have potential”.

So just because he’s played in the league automatically means he has big potential? He’s been shown to be an awful keeper but agenda merchants like yourself will ignore your eyes to tow a club talking point about being a prospect.

The man is an average keeper who’s going to cost money that could have been better utilized elsewhere if the management actually knew what they were doing.

You don’t sell a damn good keeper in Martinez for 20M to turn around and buy a crappy replacement in Runarsson to then replace Runarsson with a loan in Ryan while having Runarsson on the books to then going out and spending 24-30M on ramsdale to now be a backup for Leno. It’s ****ty decision making all around.

Ramsdale isn’t better than Leno and won’t be at Leno’s level for another 5 years. At which point we would have gotten another goal keeper in any way. Waste of money. Onana is better and cheaper than him. Also has a higher ceiling than Ramsdale.

This isn’t even a debate that Ramsdale is worse than Martinez. Bad decision making all around.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Nice to see we're adding a comdian since our back-line isn't funny enough as it is...

Kav

Established Member
Don't think he will be good enough for us, but this deal does at least offer us some fool's hope, if nothing else...

1. He's not Leno...over the last 12 months, Bernd has put in arguably the worst performances from an Arsenal starting keeper, his head as gone and we badly need a change in this position.

2. He's at least young...Leno ain't getting any better, but at least we can pretend he can get better due to his age!

3. He's homegrown...gives us options in terms of squad registration, I guess.

...so yeah, yay :lol:
Almunia was much worse than Leno and I’m simply being objective. Fabianski also had some dodgy appearances in goal as did Szczęsny when he just started with us. None of them has been as consistent as Leno. Mind you Leno has been far from our best keeper and is in no way near to Lehman or Seaman levels. However I can see Leno turning into a very solid keeper like Cech as he gets older.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

“you can’t say a player that has played pl footy so young like Ramsdale has doesn’t have potential”.

So just because he’s played in the league automatically means he has big potential? He’s been shown to be an awful keeper but agenda merchants like yourself will ignore your eyes to tow a club talking point about being a prospect.

The man is an average keeper who’s going to cost money that could have been better utilized elsewhere if the management actually knew what they were doing.

You don’t sell a damn good keeper in Martinez for 20M to turn around and buy a crappy replacement in Runarsson to then replace Runarsson with a loan in Ryan while having Runarsson on the books to then going out and spending 24-30M on ramsdale to now be a backup for Leno. It’s ****ty decision making all around.

Ramsdale isn’t better than Leno and won’t be at Leno’s level for another 5 years. At which point we would have gotten another goal keeper in any way. Waste of money. Onana is better and cheaper than him. Also has a higher ceiling than Ramsdale.

This isn’t even a debate that Ramsdale is worse than Martinez. Bad decision making all around.
Saying he won't be at Leno's level for 5 years is not based on anything other than your own guess work. Leno is a goalkeeper that is capable of conceding goals like the Everton one.

Kav

Established Member
Saying he won't be at Leno's level for 5 years is not based on anything other than your own guess work. Leno is a goalkeeper that is capable of conceding goals like the Everton one.
Leno’s body of work is far more impressive than Ramsdale. There is something there to assess. Looking at Ramsdal’s stint at Bournemouth and Sheff Utd does not impress. There are levels to this and he’s not even near making it to Martinez level much less Kepa’s level as yet.

It takes time to grow as a GK, more than any other position the development takes longer to hit elite levels. Even if he rapidly develops he won’t get a lot of game time for the next two years if Leno stays. That’s the basis of my statement.

The only thing Ramsdale has going for him right now is his youth at 23. He’ll probably start playing regularly around 25 (depending on Leno’s decline) with quite a few holes in his games. Then with regular game time he will develop significantly.

BladeInPeace

Alright lads & lasses, looking like this one is now done. Honestly, I’m a bit gutted about it but this is a good deal for us & we can now hopefully reinvest into the rest of the side (if any of you saw the absolute s**t show last night, you’ll see that we desperately need it!).

Look after our Aaron, he’s a good kid & certainly doesn’t deserve some of the dogs abuse that he’s currently receiving for having the audacity to sign a contract that was offered to him…

Good luck for the rest of the season x

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Agenda merchants :lol:

Such an overused term for people who just can’t accept a different opinion.

The reference to Martinez is an interesting one given he had a worse rep than Ramsdale at the same age.

Might turn out to be an incredibly poor sign like the majority seem to think, but I’m certainly not going to write him off before his even played a game.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Almunia was much worse than Leno and I’m simply being objective. Fabianski also had some dodgy appearances in goal as did Szczęsny when he just started with us. None of them has been as consistent as Leno. Mind you Leno has been far from our best keeper and is in no way near to Lehman or Seaman levels. However I can see Leno turning into a very solid keeper like Cech as he gets older.

Almunia is a good shout, he was really bad.

Leno has not been more consistent than Szcz though, he was a level above Bernd...Woj is our best keeper of the Emirates era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom