• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Oleksandr Zinchenko 🇺🇦

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Normally football fans are hating their players after leaving, but you nearly find only positive words about Zinchenko.
I wonder if it's partly because they are in a golden period and have warm feelings towards all these players who have helped them win titles and break records. It's similar to how we rate all of the invincibles highly, even rubbish ones like Wiltord, whilst the frustration for this current batch means that all fringe players are viewed as bums etc. because we are searching for the magic ingredient to take us forward.

Like Zinchenko though, don't get me wrong.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
Thank you Arteta for not relying on KT anymore. I hope we add two more signings to our transfer windows. I will be happy with one if we get Paqueta for 40m or Tielemens for 30m

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Normally football fans are hating their players after leaving, but you nearly find only positive words about Zinchenko.
To be fair apart from the ones that only joined since the money, City fans have always historically been a good bunch. Never whined about invented injustice like the scousers (not including Hillsboro & The Sun of course), never had a superiority complex like Man U, would bloodthirsty nutters like a section of the Everton fans, and never had any beef with Arsenal. Of course a few have giddy with their sportswash dosh, but generally they were always generous re their own player. Half of their fan favourites were utter donkeys, and they haven't been spoiled so much as to not appreciate the very good squad guys.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
FX-D3wRXgAAdBqe

😍

Goonger

To be fair apart from the ones that only joined since the money, City fans have always historically been a good bunch. Never whined about invented injustice like the scousers (not including Hillsboro & The Sun of course), never had a superiority complex like Man U, would bloodthirsty nutters like a section of the Everton fans, and never had any beef with Arsenal. Of course a few have giddy with their sportswash dosh, but generally they were always generous re their own player. Half of their fan favourites were utter donkeys, and they haven't been spoiled so much as to not appreciate the very good squad guys.

They do have a real chip on their shoulder about some letter that the top sides sent asking for an investigation into their finances. The fact it was in Arsenal headed paper meant we were the leaders of the 'hateful eight'.

On the flip side we had a chip on our shoulder when their new money came in and took a lot of our players, so we can't really say anything.

After all that's past, It's a club I'd prefer to keep a civil relationship with to be honest.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I thought this was confirmed like four or five times already?

Fee agreed and personal terms agreed. I suppose he could back out up until everything is official, or this guy is trying to milk the story for a few more clicks before it's completed.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Fee agreed and personal terms agreed. I suppose he could back out up until everything is official, or this guy is trying to milk the story for a few more clicks before it's completed.

It's a clickbaiy tweet, here's what he actually says and it's mere speculation:

OLEKS ZINCHENKO is weighing up whether to take a new challenge at Arsenal - or stay to fight for his place at Manchester City.

The champions are happy with the Gunners offer of £30 million plus £2m add-ons for the versatile Ukraine international.
And personal terms are in place on a four-year deal.

But the 25-year-old has yet to agree to a move to North London – where he would link up with his former City coach Mikel Arteta.

In the past, Zinchenko has turned down moves to Wolves and Napoli.

Instead, he preferred to stay at the Etihad where he knows he will win trophies.

And personal terms are in place on a four-year deal.

But the 25-year-old has yet to agree to a move to North London – where he would link up with his former City coach Mikel Arteta.

In the past, Zinchenko has turned down moves to Wolves and Napoli.

Instead, he preferred to stay at the Etihad where he knows he will win trophies.

He is currently with Pep Guardiola’s squad on their two-match US tour and has been playing a full part in training and the community activities.

He even gave an interview to City’s website about the preparations for the new season from their training base here in Houston.

Zinchenko said: “The target now is to try and build up our physical conditions and the tactical side of things.

“There are a lot of different things (to work on) obviously after a long vacation, a little bit more than three weeks.

“Now it’s time to work, to be ready and prepare ourselves as much and as well as we can."

The ball is firmly in Zinchenko's court as City are in no rush to sell him and would be willing to shelve their plans to sign a new left-back if he decides to stay put.

Guardiola’s top target if they do need a replacement would be Brighton’s Marc Cucurella – although they will not meet the Seagulls £50 million asking price.

Stuttgart’s Croatia international Borna Sosa is another option who City have looked at but Is not believed to be high on the list of alternatives.

Why

Always Me ?
I always liked Zinchenko, and wondered why he didn't get game time at City. Always seemed to play well and looked dangerous when getting forward. Not really watched much of him playing Midfield for Ukraine, apart from their recent game and he bossed it. He has that quality of someone who looks like they enjoy playing the game.

Does give off similar vibes to AMN though. Seems like he wants to be playing midfield, so I imagine the negotiations have some form of agreement around his playing time and where that will be. So intrigued to see where he slots in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom