• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Nuno Tavares (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think maybe it’s us who’s been reluctant to allow an option to buy. That’s how I read Fab’s update anyway. So the club must see something in him and want to keep him long term..?
Wouldn't surprise me. Tavares is massively raw but there's enough to suggest he could be really good, even if the odds aren't great. Already an underrated 1v1 defender and someone capable of carrying the ball inside and outside. 2 things he could improve that would exponentially improve his game - improve his defending of space which is comically bad currently, and his choice of pass. Some time playing regular games would be useful IMO. A loan is the absolute best option IMO, option or not.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
You're being too optimistic. I think he should have two successful seasons; otherwise, his fee will be around 10m at best
He can do perfect job for teams with wingbacks no much defending responsibility for him and in Serie a or ligue 1 his pace can make difference

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Disappointed to hear about him going tbh, I thought he showed real promise at times last season and showed signs he was digging himself out of his bad patch at the end. His playing time wasn't handled well. If he could put it together he could be a monster. Hope it works out for him.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Marseille moved on from Tavares it seem they got thier wingback Lazovic from Verona. Tavares need to move he getting no minutes next season

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Marseille moved on from Tavares it seem they got thier wingback Lazovic from Verona. Tavares need to move he getting no minutes next season

Think he'll get enough minutes next season knowing Tierney will be out for most of the season and also the 5 sub rule.

This guy has definite talent, he needs the right coaching which is an alien concept to Mikel.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Think he'll get enough minutes next season knowing Tierney will be out for most of the season and also the 5 sub rule.

This guy has definite talent, he needs the right coaching which is an alien concept to Mikel.
He need to learn how to defend and improve his awareness in pitch first. He talented going forward he still young can improve that's why loan might help staying here won't Zinchenko and Tierney will play most of 45-50 games this season

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
He need to learn how to defend and improve his awareness in pitch first. He talented going forward he still young can improve that's why loan might help staying here won't Zinchenko and Tierney will play most of 45-50 games this season

That's where he needs coaching and isn't given any.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Still not sure would use 50m they'll get from Cucurella to loan Tavares they'll spend good money in this position because they losing key player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom