• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
If you want to talk about Xhaka’s hidden influence on the team with zero individual stats to back it up ok let’s play the Dark Matter theory in reverse; since Xhaka started for Arsenal’s midfield we have haven’t been in the CL. How is that for hidden influence.Any team that Xhaka can start on is not elite, he should be a squad player not a starter. So when team does well it’s all Xhaka if they lose it can’t be Xhaka’s fault; this cultish disconnect from all the stat data that shows he is highly deficient and has been for years

Bro you waffle too much

slam1986

I rate both Tielemans and Xhaka - both really good players and adding Tielemans will no doubt improve our overall squad for hopefully not too much cost.

However, the past couple seasons we’ve gone for versatile players and we all know Arteta wants players that can start in multiple positions and transition into different roles during different phases of the game - I don’t think Tielemans fits that mould - he plays one position, one role extremely well but is not known to be versatile in any way whatsoever.

Rather than looking at Xhaka vs Tielemans, it’s more worthwhile to look at how our midfield 3 shapes up -

Xhaka-Partey-Ødegaard works well as we’ve seen this season and last. I think Tielemans-Partey-Ødegaard probably will work just as well.

However, if Partey was out injured, we can play Tielemans-Xhaka-Ødegaard or Xhaka-Elneny-Ødegaard. Any option without Xhaka would probably be too lightweight. Similarly, if we lost Ødegaard to injury, we will probably want to replace him with Vieira or Smith-Rowe rather than Tielemans as we need that extra creativity.

So while we will benefit from Tielemans, I think his lack of versatility limits how we can use him to add depth to our squad.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Don't feel this will happen anymore I agree, we're not even getting the "waiting patiently" tweets at this point.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

That's just wonderful, but it didn't address literally anything I posted.

Maybe I can ask you more directly, and try not to dodge - why are you quoting attacking stats from a time when his role was defensive, as a reason to downplay his new offensive role?

You shouldn’t even bother man, tried to give him in particular the benefit of the doubt but then I get random quotes about LeBron James at the Cavs when he didn’t know how to address the point that I raised. If I wanted to talk about the LA Lakers, I’d be go to the relevant thread/forum.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Bro you waffle too much
What waffle, produce some individual stats from the beginning my posts I was comparing Tielemans numbers v. Chaka. none of Xhaka’s supporters want that conversation. My position hasn’t changed an iota. I don’t claim Xhaka has a hidden influence that doesn’t show up in any individual stats that is what his supporters do. Ok if Xhaka has hidden positive influence that is only reflected in team results then let’s apply that same hidden influence theory as to why we are never a Cl side with Chaka starting. So Xhaka is responsible for the wins through hidden influence but not the abysmal failures of our team and midfield the last six years? It’s the Chaka supporters who won’t even look at Xhaka’s horrific individual numbers in the last few years, but then post his hood number from 3 games.

You certainly aren’t from Belgium you can’t even recognize your side are waffle merchants. Post social media only a gifted a few like myself are able to do even basic logical reasoning I blame Tik Tok and Twitter. Whatever more idiots like tops truth and rationality nowadays

Farzad Stoned

You shouldn’t even bother man, tried to give him in particular the benefit of the doubt but then I get random quotes about LeBron James at the Cavs when he didn’t know how to address the point that I raised. If I wanted to talk about the LA Lakers, I’d be go to the relevant thread/forum.
Still can’t produce a couple individual stats that prove your laughable claim he was our best midfielder last year and that Xhaka is better than Partey. The individual numbers instead of silly jibes

Farzad Stoned

Tielemans last year had more goals, assists, more progressive passes, more tackles per game, interceptions, more pressures, more blocks, more clearances. But according to the pro Xhaka Kool Ade drinkers he isn’t as good as their hero. Across the board statistical wipeout except in a couple of stats, yet Tielemans isn’t an upgrade? Koo koo koo

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Still can’t produce a couple individual stats that prove your laughable claim he was our best midfielder last year and that Xhaka is better than Partey. The individual numbers instead of silly jibes

:lol:

My original point was our form picked up after Xhaka returned to the squad on December 6th but you managed to paraphrase the bolded part and have dodged addressing the underlined part.

Not really surprised as you’re embarrassing yourself but it seem as if it’s not the first time. The individual stats comparison you’re drooling for has been highlighted by @DJ_Markstar but you dodged that too.

Shape shifting at its finest but you do you. Btw get them excuses ready to discredit Xhaka as you’ll need it this sewson:

boston-bruins.gif

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

My original point was our form picked up after Xhaka returned to the squad on December 6th but you managed to paraphrase the bolded part and have dodged addressing the underlined part.

Not really surprised as you’re embarrassing yourself but it seem as if it’s not the first time. The individual stats comparison you’re drooling for has been highlighted by @DJ_Markstar but you dodged that too.

Shape shifting at its finest but you do you. Btw get them excuses ready to discredit Xhaka as you’ll need it this sewson:

boston-bruins.gif

You've managed to distill RedCafe into a single GIF.

Farzad Stoned

boston-bruins.gif
Stop giving the man all the credit for the team performance. I ask for individual scouting report and you say when Arsenal wins and Xhaka plays point for Xhaka. Aren’t you tired of just not providing the one thing I have been consistently asking for, ie some individual statistical proof as to why when Arsenal wins it is due in part to Xhaka?

That is right Xhaka being good is like the existence of Dark Matter or Dark energy; you can’t see it, or measure it by any empirical data;but Xhaka supporters did some kind of new math and assure us whenever he plays, and Arsenal win he is our best midfielder, and we won a large part because of him. Ok then tell me what he did?

slam1986

Tielemans last year had more goals, assists, more progressive passes, more tackles per game, interceptions, more pressures, more blocks, more clearances. But according to the pro Xhaka Kool Ade drinkers he isn’t as good as their hero. Across the board statistical wipeout except in a couple of stats, yet Tielemans isn’t an upgrade? Koo koo koo
Here’s the stats for last season:

A pretty mixed bag here, no?

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
That is right Xhaka being good is like the existence of Dark Matter or Dark energy; you can’t see it, or measure it by any empirical data;but Xhaka supporters did some kind of new math and assure us whenever he plays, and Arsenal win he is our best midfielder, and we won a large part because of him. Ok then tell me what he did?

He provides the highest number of progressive passes per game of anyone in our team.

In prior seasons he's been the player to cover the most distance per game too.

Farzad Stoned

Here’s the stats for last season:

A pretty mixed bag here, no?
What Tielemans last full season against Chaka beats him in goals, assists, progressive passes, tackles, pressures, interceptions, blocks and clearances. That is a mixed bag? And Tielemans doesn’t have the foot speed of a pregnant sow. And which player is more press resistant and which player has better decision making and disciplinary record. A near total statistical wipeout

Farzad Stoned

No joke lead foot Granit is in the bottom 1 percent of starting players at his position in pressures. That is laughable for a team that wants to play pressure football. That stat for me alone is a deal breaker for Xhaka as a starter

slam1986

What Tielemans last full season against Chaka beats him in goals, assists, progressive passes, tackles, pressures, interceptions, blocks and clearances. That is a mixed bag? And Tielemans doesn’t have the foot speed of a pregnant sow. And which player is more press resistant and which player has better decision making and disciplinary record. A near total statistical wipeout

Yes, but pass completion % across long, medium, long ranges, progressive carries, carries into final third, tackle %, pressures in attacking third…

This becomes a meaningless game of stat A vs stat B that highlights the role that they play for each team and how each team plays more so than whether one player is better than the other.

slam1986

No joke lead foot Granit is in the bottom 1 percent of starting players at his position in pressures. That is laughable for a team that wants to play pressure football. That stat for me alone is a deal breaker for Xhaka as a starter
It’s a meaningless stat because if you look at pressures in final third, he leads Tielemans on that one.

That reflects the fact that we control possession during our games which naturally means we will have fewer pressures across the pitch.

Farzad Stoned

Yes, but pass completion % across long, medium, long ranges, progressive carries, carries into final third, tackle %, pressures in attacking third…

This becomes a meaningless game of stat A vs stat B that highlights the role that they play for each team and how each team plays more so than whether one player is better than the other.
Tell me which stats in his favor are more important than 333 percent more goal production. Not all stats are created equal

Farzad Stoned

It’s a meaningless stat because if you look at pressures in final third, he leads Tielemans on that one.

That reflects the fact that we control possession during our games which naturally means we will have fewer pressures across the pitch.
We control possession we were 7th a tiny bit over 50 percent last year all year and Xhaka plays on a better team. Tielemans on a shattered club that he is desperate to get out of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom