• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Never quite sure of what to make of him, to be honest, and I wanted him when he was at Monaco :D . Clearly has technique and the footballing smarts, but I question his work rate sometimes. Part of the team’s success is not carrying any passengers or people that switch on and off.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Clearly has technique and the footballing smarts, but I question his work rate sometimes.
Well he’s most likely going to be excellent under Mikel if you believe the first two, because work rate won’t be an issue here.

D

Deleted member 102404

??

His interview was ill-advised but players are allowed to be human. Would barely call that attitude issues.
Maybe, but speaking out and complaining in the press about managers or selection is a deal breaker for me. Might be harsh, but is more often than not a sign the character is not right.

When he first did it I was kind of ok with it, as I was supportive of the player, but I just didn’t think he was trying too hard in the game(s) after and actually put in worse performances, not better.

Changed my mind on him.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Imo we've got to get Tielemans in January preferably, we are short on CM's if Xhaka or Partey get a long term injury 2nd half of the season, Lokonga would be our ownly deeper possible replacement, at least Tielemans can play deeper & further forward.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I've never really been convinced that we're serious about him. He doesn't seem to fit Arteta's expectation of a CM tactically or positionally. Have a feeling he'll turn it on in the WC though and end up somewhere like Napoli.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Like him as a player but not sure where he fits in for us. Does give us quality and Pl experience though so it’s a no brainier.

He’s an upgrade on our current bench options but he’s not first team gravy for me. There’s much better out there…. If getting him means we can splash more cash on high value/impact targets I’ll live with it but I don’t see him setting any houses on fire here

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

One of the best passers and long shooters in the game.

Could swap him for Ødegaard and play on the counter with him TP and Xhaka all having above average long passing ability or just play him in Ode’s typical role.

Could swap him for Xhaka and not much would change due to how well Xhaka is playing but would give Granit some rest and give us a bit more of a long shot/through ball threat.
Overall he doesn’t really move the needle but he’s a 10/10 depth signing imo. Bridges that gap between Ode/Xhaka and Lokonga very nicely.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

One of the best passers and long shooters in the game.

Could swap him for Ødegaard and play on the counter with him TP and Xhaka all having above average long passing ability or just play him in Ode’s typical role.

Could swap him for Xhaka and not much would change due to how well Xhaka is playing but would give Granit some rest and give us a bit more of a long shot/through ball threat.
Overall he doesn’t really move the needle but he’s a 10/10 depth signing imo. Bridges that gap between Ode/Xhaka and Lokonga very nicely.
He's the right age as well. I see some question his work ethic and attitude, which would obviously be no go with Arteta, but apart from that, it is difficult to see any downside in this transfer.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

He's the right age as well. I see some question his work ethic and attitude, which would obviously be no go with Arteta, but apart from that, it is difficult to see any downside in this transfer.
And I wouldn’t even worry about his work ethic/attitude with Arteta.

It’s one of his non-negotiables ™️ and I’m sure that would be communicated before he’s even signed. I believe any player can be made into a hard worker (on the pitch) anyway.

If you see everyone around you playing well and working hard you’d have to be some kind of wrongun to not join in, it’s infectious.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

So long as he pulls his weight & doesn't shirk his defensive duties when we're being deprived of the ball, he should thrive here.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Just don't see where he fits tbh...not counting Lokonga & Mo
We have Ode & Viera
Xhaka & ESR
He wont be rotating with Partey.

Ok he could be a great depth option for both positions but what would that mean for Viera & ESR ?

Quality player tho...

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Just don't see where he fits tbh...not counting Lokonga & Mo
We have Ode & Viera
Xhaka & ESR
He wont be rotating with Partey.

Ok he could be a great depth option for both positions but what would that mean for Viera & ESR ?

Quality player tho...
I see him as competition and backup for Xhaka, primarily, but the versatility to play as a 10 is an advantage.

When ESR returns, I don't think ESR would be employed as an 8, more likely as a left winger/wide midfielder. Vieira is very young and green, and I think it would be a mistake to rely on him. He still needs games to develop though.

At the moment, we don't really have adequate backup for Xhaka.

Malky

Established Member
Not 100% sold on the idea of Tielemans, but if it's between Tielemans and Lokonga for depth in midfield I'd take an unmotivated, out of form Tielemans everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom