• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mykhailo Mudryk [Chelsea Bound]

Is Mudryk Thee Stallion disrespecting Shakhtar with his conduct?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 102404

There’s no timeline on Jesus returning. You what happens if one of the front 3 get injured, you think Nelson/Marqy could fill in for them for an extended period? They’ve shown nothing to suggest that.

There is ESR also… and yes I think they could fill in. I see no more risk in playing them than signing an unknown from the Ukrainian league.

Makavelii

- what’s with all the hate for the is signing. arteta had proved his judgement over the last few windows of what he needs for his squad. We went for raphina and this one is a continuation of that plan. Agree we need a more capable partey / xhaka back up - but it’s clear a winger is Arteta’s first priority and the Jesus injury has just strengthened the need.

I’m for this signing. But it does fill me with anxiety that we will either have to bench Martinelli or bench our new potentially 80+ million record signing.

I’m not used to having this kind of problem and it’s giving me anxiety.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I know you keep saying this, but actually we’re not spending any more than the other top clubs.
You are comparing to the Wenger years with the stadiums.
2019 to now, we have the second biggest investment in player transfers of all teams in the top 5 major European leagues from club funds. It’s a fact. And it’s the reason this club is on the move again. We shouldn’t be knocking it.

Makavelii

Im gonna say something really shocking. They compete for a spot and whoever performs better starts. And if either is upset and demand to leave, they can leave if the clubs valuation is met
I’m pro-Mudryk signing. But by your logic, what’s the point of signing a club record signing if the plan is to just sell one at a discounted rate when they’re unhappy?

The thinking needs to be finding a way to ensure they’re both happy. No other option or this move doesn’t make sense.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

I’m for this signing. But it does fill me with anxiety that we will either have to bench Martinelli or bench our new potentially 80+ million record signing.

I’m not used to having this kind of problem and it’s giving me anxiety.

That's modern day football. Liverpool have £50m Jota on the bench, Chelsea often have Pulisic on the bench (he cost **** loads), City have £100m Grealish on the bench, Utd have £90m Sancho on the bench.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’m pro-Mudryk signing. But by your logic, what’s the point of signing a club record signing if the plan is to just sell one at a discounted rate when they’re unhappy?

The thinking needs to be finding a way to ensure they’re both happy. No other option or this move doesn’t make sense.
That’s what City do. And now we’ve turned into City mkII who cares. Buy, buy. This lad’s worth a gamble surely.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 102404

That's modern day football. Liverpool have £50m Jota on the bench, Chelsea often have Pulisic on the bench (he cost **** loads), City have £100m Grealish on the bench, Utd have £90m Sancho on the bench.

Sancho and Grealish are not that good and were expensive mistakes.
Jota was already proven in English football - he's also a little over rated by Arsenal fans because he does so well against us. He's not brilliant TBH.
Pulisic? We have better on the bench.

field442

Trusted ⭐
Jota was already proven in English football - he's also a little over rated by Arsenal fans because he does so well against us. He's not brilliant TBH.

Yeah the point was more about big clubs having expensive backup options on the bench. Whether the players have been a success or not is neither here nor there, some transfers work out and some dont.

Also who on our bench on the weekend is better than Pulisic?

D

Deleted member 102404

Yeah the point was more about big clubs having expensive backup options on the bench. Whether the players have been a success or not is neither here nor there, some transfers work out and some dont.

Also who on our bench on the weekend is better than Pulisic?

All of them.
Did you see Pulisic play? - he's cack.

We don't need to splash bundles of cash on backing up players we already have back ups for.
I really do hope Edu and Arteta are not panicking because they are not used to this situation in their current jobs.

I am rather proud that we scored 4 goals away from home in our last game with a front 3, including one who is a back up, who all bagged one each...that cost a combined £7m.

The only thing that might be happening here is that either Saka or Martinelli look like they won't sign a new contract - if that is the case then Mudryk makes sense, otherwise it makes no sense at all.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member

I have to disagree with you on this. Who from our bench is better than Pulisic ? Marquinos ???? 🤣 Nelson (when fit) ?🤣

Pulisic is just one example of a top talent going to Chelsea & having their talent wasted.

Jota, Grealish & Sancho are all top quality. Sancho went into a Utd squad which was already dysfunctional & his confidence probably took a massive hit.

Grealish went from being a big fish in a small pond to a big pond with lots of other big fish. That's how City work. Saying he is 'not that good' is ridiculous. I'm more inclined to trust one of the modern era best managers opinion on a player, than some forum member. Same with Jota..

D

Deleted member 102404

You’re just going based off numbers not quality or style. Out of all of those players, the actual proper 1on1 wingers are only Saka Martinelli Nelson and Marquinhos.

And then out of those 4 there is a massive drop off from Saka and Martinelli to the other 2. The drop off is way too big to be successful as a CL side.

If we just look at bodies like you are, we won’t get anywhere. We were doing that for years with no success until we started clearing the squad out and buying the correct players for each position.

You mustn't have seen ESR in 1 on 1 situations out wide.
He might be the best in the squad at that.

I would argue that what you are wanting in Mudryk is more akin to the past where we were completely without direction, splashing cash on big name signings that never delivered top 4 or any real success. Remember Pepe?

I am more interested in the approach we have taken on transfers and young player development since summer 21 - ironically a window so many said was rubbish actually transformed the club.

D

Deleted member 102404

I have to disagree with you on this. Who from our bench is better than Pulisic ? Marquinos ???? 🤣 Nelson (when fit) ?🤣

Pulisic is just one example of a top talent going to Chelsea & having their talent wasted.

Jota, Grealish & Sancho are all top quality. Sancho went into a Utd squad which was already dysfunctional & his confidence probably took a massive hit.

Grealish went from being a big fish in a small pond to a big pond with lots of other big fish. That's how City work. Saying he is 'not that good' is ridiculous. I'm more inclined to trust one of the modern era best managers opinion on a player, than some forum member. Same with Jota..

Cool fella - game of opinions and all.
I really think Pulisic is an awful player and has been a waste of money. Wouldn't want him even on our bench.

On Sancho - he represents the biggest warning to clubs in the PL in terms of poor transfer business. Easy to blame everyone but him for his awful form, but the truth is he was playing well in a league which is not the PL and as such he was unproven here. ForEngland he looked a bit average too. Spending £75m on him was crazy. He really is no better than Nelson.

field442

Trusted ⭐
Cool fella - game of opinions and all.
I really think Pulisic is an awful player and has been a waste of money. Wouldn't want him even on our bench.

On Sancho - he represents the biggest warning to clubs in the PL in terms of poor transfer business. Easy to blame everyone but him for his awful form, but the truth is he was playing well in a league which is not the PL and as such he was unproven here. ForEngland he looked a bit average too. Spending £75m on him was crazy. He really is no better than Nelson.

Even this overweight, depressed version of Sancho is better than Nelson. You're mental.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Remember when United had Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez but still signed Berbatov? Arsenal fans would’ve been crying and throwing up.
Its horrific what I’m reading here tbh. Never wanted to put so many people on ignore since the time Emery played Torreira as a defensive cam over Özil and people were telling me it was the best choice

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Some fans need switching on again.

When we had Bergkamp, Henry, Wiltord, Kanu, Pires & Ljungberg....and then signed RVP & then signed Reyes....did anyone moan? No.

I really don't understand some of the members on here crying because we are trying to strengthen & make our squad competitive.

It's happening. Deal with it.
These are the same guys that will complain about lack of squad depth when Saka and Martinelli get injured and we go to City away lining up with Nelson-Nketiah-Marquinhos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom