• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2008-09 Arsenal kit

RC8

Established Member
Funnily enough Nike are already selling it in the US. Someone just came back from there and brought it to me. It was bought directly through Nike.com, and it's authentic. I might take a picture of it later and upload it.

atmosphere

I just went on the American Nike site and I couldn't find it.

There was one Arsenal related t-shirt but it wasn't even a replica kit.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
That's weird about the away-kit because even my home-kit is on pre-order in the US. Oh well, I can wait.

Noted

cesc_280x390_530237a.jpg

go49oner

Established Member
Lazy bastards! Thats actually photoshoped on top of our home kit

kit0809_fabregas.jpg

Will be buying away kit this season

RC8

Established Member
awaykithc9.jpg

There it is for all the doubters :lol:

It's exactly like the one in the pictures with Cesc, Ade, etc. Identical in every aspect. Came directly from Nike, has all the authenticity certificates attached to its sleeve, and the crest is a real Arsenal crest. I seriously doubt it's fake.

Sorry about the bad resolution of the pics. I used a webcam, so you can't really appreciate the quality of the shirt.

Edit:

Heheh, just did the search for the page where the shirt was found originally in the Nike website, and it turns it's been taken off. I took a snapshot of the link from google that shows that not that long ago the shirt was in Nike.com under the product number 287538...

Now it says the product is no longer available! Obviously Nike messed things up by putting it on sale so early, and so I'm one of the first few people in the world to get the authentic away kit ;)

Here's the proof that they were selling it... the outdated link from google that used to take me to the Nike.com page with the away shirt, and the current message that appears in that link:

<a class="postlink" href="http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/6712/awaykitnolonger2wz9.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/6712 ... er2wz9.jpg</a>

Or just go here and look at the description of the first link:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.google.co.ve/search?hl=es&q=nike+style+287538&btnG=Buscar&meta=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.google.co.ve/search?hl=es&q= ... scar&meta=</a>

Is everyone now convinced that I managed to get my hands on one of them?! I deserve it, after all I designed it last year!

Edit #2:

Here's the picture of the kit I asked for last year. I took a concept kit and changed it's colours and some details to make it look like this:

proposalawaykitte4.jpg

I actually did that May of 2007, and then went on to photoshop some other concepts to make them look like that. I'm a happy man.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
No offence but the Arsenal crest looked abit out of shape. Maybe its the picture quality.

Just got my home kit though.

P.S does anyone know whether buying the kits will help Arsenal financial's flow? :lol:

jay-d

Established Member
Kraig said:
my arsenal kit is currently at my dads work after he picked it up from the post office. will post some picks up later of walcott 14 and fabregas 4 (although the cesc one will be a womens shirt as its for my missus)

Great Idea, so next time Cesc has a great game and; well you know you get those weird thoughts, get the missus to put the shirt on turn around and off you go. Problem solved without ever having to turn homosexual.

RC8

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
No offence but the Arsenal crest looked abit out of shape. Maybe its the picture quality.

It's the picture quality. The crest is perfect. I took a higher resolution pic, here:

awaykitcrestch7.png

Believe, me. It's perfectly symmetrical.

TomasCR

Established Member
Thanks for sharing the pictures of your kit RC8.

Have said I don´t like the away kit at all, but the last picture looks pretty good, I think I will get used to. :)

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
GaelForce22 said:
So anyone know the best (cheapest) place to buy the new home kit? Saw it for £40 today at JJB/JD sports but I'm sure there'll be somewhere it is under that price.

And on the new away kit poster, I can't tell if it says Rosicky 7 or Rocastle 7, anyone know about this?
awaykit0809_6.jpg

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
TomasCR said:
I know that Rocastle is an Arsenal legend but why there is not written Rosicky on that kit?
Because in this case Rocastle played in nearly every single game in that '89 campaign. I mean he's a legend in many other ways, but this is a good nod to him for his role in that championship.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
TomasCR said:
I know that Rocastle is an Arsenal legend but why there is not written Rosicky on that kit?

I think you answered your own question in the same sentence. Rocastle's a legend and the kit is a nod to that famous season where he was so influential. I think it's a real class touch from Arsenal and I also love the kit

TomasCR

Established Member
Yes, it might be true, but poor Rozza will propably feel strange when he sees that kit. :)

Thanks for the explanation guys, and sorry for going of the topic but Goonerwarsh - mate please could you change your avatar? I have to laugh everytime I see it, it´s not healthy to laugh so often !

atmosphere

goonerwarsh said:
TomasCR said:

I think you answered your own question in the same sentence. Rocastle's a legend and the kit is a nod to that famous season where he was so influential. I think it's a real class touch from Arsenal and I also love the kit

I agree completely.

I sit at Club Level (I know, I know) and in the corridor just behind where I sit there's a photo of Rocky giving a thumbs up, it's all in black and white apart from his top that's in colour.

That's class as well, really touching.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
TomasCR, there's a Youtube compilation made by our very own Aussie dedicated to David Rocastle.

Check out some of the goals he scored, there were 3 or 4 just from the 89 season that were absolute top drawer.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom