• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Aaron Ramsdale

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think we will go for either an under 21 keeper from abroad or just some random scouted homegrown keeper. No point blowing our load on this.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think we will go for either an under 21 keeper from abroad or just some random scouted homegrown keeper. No point blowing our load on this.
We have Okonkwo and Hein already? Why would we buy some inexperienced u21 keeper as 2nd keeper in addition to them? Sounds way way too risky.

Also why would we buy some random HG keeper, if there is a known available one in Johnstone, which many here seem to rate?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We have Okonkwo and Hein already? Why would we buy some inexperienced u21 keeper as 2nd keeper in addition to them? Sounds way way too risky.

Also why would we buy some random HG keeper, if there is a known available one in Johnstone, which many here seem to rate?

Both of which are severely inexperienced. Plus Hein is going to be leaving soon.

Johnstone is 28 years old. It's fairly clear we want a younger homegrown keeper.

Goonger

I can understand looking for 22-25 year olds in other positions to help build a team going forward, but goalkeeper is the 1 position you don't have to do that, so if we did go for Johnstone he could still play for a good few years as well. In fact, having experience is preferable, so I don't know why we just don't go for him.

drippin

Both of which are severely inexperienced. Plus Hein is going to be leaving soon.

Johnstone is 28 years old. It's fairly clear we want a younger homegrown keeper.
So u21 keepers in other countries are not inexperienced and fine as 2nd keepers? Which one do you have in mind?

Anyway, I find it a bit amusing that Johnstone's West Brom got relegated, but no one is talking that it was his fault as with Ramsdale. :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So u21 keepers in other countries are not inexperienced and fine as 2nd keepers? Which one do you have in mind?

Anyway, I find it a bit amusing that Johnstone's West Brom got relegated, but no one is talking that it was his fault as with Ramsdale. :lol:

An u21 keeper who has been playing top flight regular football will be more experienced than a Hein or Nwankwo yes.

drippin

An u21 keeper who has been playing top flight regular football will be more experienced than a Hein or Nwankwo yes.
Doesn't still make any sense to me, and I wonder how many of those are in existance for Arsenal 2nd keeper quality.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Mart Poom.

He was such a weird/nothing signing for us, that I didn't even know his name was Mart until the guy above me posted it and I looked it up...thought he was called Matt :lol:

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Given the option Id sooner take Berge from their Midfield.
The thing is we still need Homegrown players really badly to balance the squad.
If this wasnt the case sure we would look elsewhere.
Dont forget if fringe Homegrowns leave to raise funds it will leave us exposed for the future and make signings in Jan & next summer difficult.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Given the option Id sooner take Berge from their Midfield.
The thing is we still need Homegrown players really badly to balance the squad.
If this wasnt the case sure we would look elsewhere.
Dont forget if fringe Homegrowns leave to raise funds it will leave us exposed for the future and make signings in Jan & next summer difficult.
Berge is alright but I don't really want him at Arsenal. Credit to him though, he's been good in this game tonight. The only player I'd take from them is inexplicably on the bench [Bogle], and I don't know why he doesn't play more when he's one of their best players. We should really be in there, especially with our RB situation and the fact that Sheffield United clearly don't know what they have!

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Berge is alright but I don't really want him at Arsenal. Credit to him though, he's been good in this game tonight. The only player I'd take from them is inexplicably on the bench [Bogle], and I don't know why he doesn't play more when he's one of their best players. We should really be in there, especially with our RB situation and the fact that Sheffield United clearly don't know what they have!
Berge i think will develop and certainly be an upgrade on Elneny. He is pretty mobile for a big fella & a decent passer if not spectacular.
Yeah im not sure why Bogle isnt playing tonight got a lot of games at Derby & a good few in the Prem last season.
If Hector goes we would need to look at Home grown options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough
Top Bottom