• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manberg

Predator
I don’t get why he wants to leave. He’s starting in every game at the moment, does that not fill him with confidence?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I don’t get why he wants to leave. He’s starting in every game at the moment, does that not fill him with confidence?
Only he and Mikel could say for certain that he wants to leave. He certainly didn't sound like someone desperate to leave in the interview after the community shield

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Will we move to a back 4 though?
We don't have 2 CBs who are good enough for a back four imo, think this season 3-4-3 will be our main formation.

Agreed, and if we do get Aouar, he'll swap in and out with Ceballos/Xhaka.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
A Partey/Ceballos midfield would be so good in a 3-4-3 :drool:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I honestly don't get why some Arsenal fans are so quick to see the back of AMN. It's bizarre.

He's getting more game time than he ever has done, he loves the club and the manager obviously rates him. Zero reasons to sell him.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Will we move to a back 4 though?
We don't have 2 CBs who are good enough for a back four imo, think this season 3-4-3 will be our main formation.

I think we'll eventually move to it. Luiz and Holding are the two main CBs that require us to play a back three, as well as our short comings in midfield, of course.

Depends on if we bring in Aouar/Party and how well Gabriel and Saliba can adapt to the PL, but 4-3-3 does seem like Mikel's end game.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I think we'll eventually move to it. Luiz and Holding are the two main CBs that require us to play a back three, as well as our short comings in midfield, of course.

Depends on if we bring in Aouar/Party and how well Gabriel and Saliba can adapt to the PL, but 4-3-3 does seem like Mikel's end game.
Agree about Luiz and Hodling, you can play them only in 3CBs, so who do think would be our starting CBs if we switch to 4-3-3?

Last edited:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Agree about Luiz and Hodling, you can play them only in 3CBs, so who do you would be our starting CBs if we switch to 4-3-3?

If you go by how Arteta changed things up with the restart, that might be Luiz on the bench with Mustafi (or his replacement) on the pitch.

Granted I think there were fitness and political issues for that City game and Luiz being on the bench, but Mari-Mustafi was eventually the call he went with.

Would love it to be Saliba-Gabriel, but we need to keep expectations low there, since both are young and new to the league and club.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If we take the fantasy out that Gabriel & Saliba can be our two starting CB's this season, who are the CB's that we can trust on a back four?

I really can't see single one. I think they all currently need a back three. Saliba & Gabriel included for now/first season.

Next season with 2 CB's at earliest I think. We won an away game comfortably with the current formation and it was good against the top sides too.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If we take the fantasy out that Gabriel & Saliba can be our two starting CB's this season, who are the CB's that we can trust on a back four?

I really can't see single one. I think they all currently need a back three. Saliba & Gabriel included for now/first season.

Next season with 2 CB's at earliest I think. We won an away game comfortably with the current formation and it was good against the top sides too.

I feel like Gabriel is a defender who brings confidence from players around him. If he's the real deal then Holdini/Luiz next to him is fine whilst bedding Saliba in.

Most of the time we are playing with a back 4 anyway.

drippin

I feel like Gabriel is a defender who brings confidence from players around him. If he's the real deal then Holdini/Luiz next to him is fine whilst bedding Saliba in.

Most of the time we are playing with a back 4 anyway.

Well the two posters I talked to both said Holding & Luiz were the main CB's benefitting from back three.

So you don't think so and it is fine.

Gabriel is a total mystery as to how he would perform in EPL in his first season in a back four. It could ruin a young CB's confidence making a mistake and not having the backup.

Mudi

I don't know why but I get the Iwobi vibe from AMN. I believe that if he leaves Arsenal, he won't shine at his new club.

So if Wolves are bidding around 30£m, as a club, you just sell and invest that money into an area that you are short (and that is central midfield).

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I don't know why but I get the Iwobi vibe from AMN. I believe that if he leaves Arsenal, he won't shine at his new club.

So if Wolves are bidding around 30£m, as a club, you just sell and invest that money into an area that you are short (and that is central midfield).
I'm with you - I get the impression that he is not one of the 100% ers Arteta wants, nor does he want to be one himself, so best he leaves

until he has a major character change I can't see him becoming a big time player wherever he ends up

drippin

They play different positions and he is shining here. What makes you think he can't shine at other teams then?

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
There seems to be a campaign to get rid of players who are performing well in order to get this (notional) uber-midfielder who will win us the CL.

So we now sell both Bellerin and AMN? Who's on the right? Mefears we will end up weaker if we're not careful. This forum hasn't been infiltrated by Sp uds secret agents has it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom