Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by beaney, Feb 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ksarp

ksarp Well-Known Member

Agreed! I see progress with him.

2. PoleInGoal

PoleInGoal Well-Known Member

Pretty sure he didn't mean it as a shot but nevertheless it was an excellent cross into a dangerous area, and this is something he has improved on this season. Good signs.

Ashybashy86 likes this.
  3. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

4. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

But unfair to him to sit on the bench, but he'll probably start in the next match

5. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

Easily MOTM the funny bastard. :lol::lol:

6. Gunner140

Gunner140 Active Member

7. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

8. pigge

pigge Well-Known Member

He should drop everything in his life and learn some shooting technique. Poverty.

9. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Hopefully he won't get ban that really silly of him hit Rennes player without the ball

10. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

11. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

Iwobi! Future Arsenal legend! Black Özil/Yellow Lingard!

12. Token Yank

Token Yank Well-Known Member

At this point would rather his minutes go to Denis. Getting to the point where I am kind of giving up on him. He flashes some moments, puts in a shift and seems a good guy but just don’t think he has what it takes to be an important player in a title winning/CL challenging side.

Toby Andrl likes this.
  13. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

I thought Alex was one of our better players last night. He ran the line well, changed the pace a bit and put in several great passes across the face of the box. Still gets caught in two minds when he needs to deliver that final ball, at times, but overall I felt he was good.

14. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

True that, but I think he needs to add something more to his game, like goals. He still didn't learn how to make space for himself to make a shot, and better shooting technique would be great.
    He is not a finished product yet

Mark Tobias likes this.
  15. Mark Tobias

Agreed. Nobody is stating that though..

16. ThlRama

ThlRama Well-Known Member

We do rely too much on him to run the channels, receive the ball higher up, take on defenders... People are too strict with him when nothing comes out of it, but in reality he troubles the opposition more than most attackers we field.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  17. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Reason I don't see elite potential is that he never drops his shoulder and shifts the ball in a way that lets him fire a curler into the top corner. He's too static in his dribbling and body movements to ever truly strike fear into players.

18. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

I thought he was poor but so were many others. My problem with Iwobi is that he gets the ball a lot but rarely looks threatening. You know he's going to do his little side step shuffles in an attempt to confuse the opposition but then lose the ball or miss the target. In the past 3 seasons he has scored 3 PL goals in each season, and played a similar no of games (26, 26, 29). He should be scoring more with the chances he gets and creates. I'm still not sure he has a future here but I'd love him to prove me wrong.

19. Mark Tobias

But that is just it, he didn't do that last night. He put in several balls which went unanswered by our attackers. He found Özil, PEA, Ramsey and Mikhi several times. Mihki had 3/4 shots as a result of the work Iwobi was doing. Usually I'd agree with your post 100% but last night he looked different and energetic. He kept the ball well and move it forward well. He struggles because there was rarely any overlap until we changed the formation and even then Monreal looked too beat to add a run in for him.

krackpot and celestis like this.
  20. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

Maybe I was just so fed up with our display I couldn't pick out the good work anyone was doing. I know I posted at one point that Iwobi was useless and Mihki even worse. All game I thought Watford were going to equalise so I didn't really enjoy the game.

Mark Tobias likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.