• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
You miss the point also, again and again. I wasn't talking about "any" CB, but White, and pointed out that our difference between "proven" and "adjusted+" is not that big. Varane is neither, he is coming to a new country and the toughest league in the world.

This was my first and main point. You keep missing it, and I hope this repetition of things can now end.

I have already said that I don't think Varane will flop and he is a great player. How many times do you need? Do you want your boyfriend Raphael's ass endlessly licked?

The fact you are talking about White means I didn’t miss the point but I used the Sheffield United CB who also had one full season so you can’t just keep mentioning this ‘’proven’’ and ‘’adjusted‘’. Because one full season is not enough to use those words.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The fact you are talking about White means I didn’t miss the point but I used the Sheffield United CB who also had one full season so you can’t just keep mentioning this ‘’proven’’ and ‘’adjusted‘’. Because one full season is not enough to use those words.
If a player has played one season with most minutes in his team in PL, being a top 3 player and also a defender, and the team conceding one of the least goals, I can say he is PL adjusted. You cannot stop me. If he was their best player like the vote said, I might even say he is PL adjusted+ or PL proven by your definition.

Varane has not played in England. He is not PL adjusted. His first season might be tough, or he might flop and want back home etc. I don't think it will happen, but that is the PL risk with any transfer from other countries.

Do you now get my point or will this endlessly continue?

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
If a player has played one season with most minutes in his team in PL, being a top 3 player and also a defender, and the team conceding one of the least goals, I can say he is PL adjusted. You cannot stop me. If he was their best player like the vote said, I might even say he is PL adjusted+ or PL proven.

Varane has not played in England. He is not PL adjusted. His first season might be tough, or he might flop and want back home etc. I don't think it will happen, but that is the PL risk with any transfer from other countries.

Do you now get my point or will this endlessly continue?

John Egan 19/20, 36 PL appearances, 39 goals conceded.
Ben White 20/21, 36 PL appearances, 46 goals conceded.

Egan is still not being considered as PL proven or whatever this proven or adjusted.

Varane is a world and European proven because of his appearances for so many years. White is neither PL and world proven or even European proven because he hasn’t been proven enough. Not even a comparison. The only thing you can compare between them right now is that both are still not PL proven.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

John Egan 19/20, 36 PL appearances, 39 goals conceded.
Ben White 20/21, 36 PL appearances, 46 goals conceded.

Egan is still not being considered as PL proven or whatever this proven or adjusted.

Varane is a world and European proven because of his appearances for so many years. White is neither PL and world proven or even European proven because he hasn’t been proven enough. Not even a comparison. The only thing you can compare between them right now is that both are still not PL proven.
Was Egan one of their best players, or likely the best player in Championship team, playing 46 games?

Anyway, I will not continue to waste time on this useless debate. White is adjusted to PL and England, Varane is not. End of story.

I will leave you to troll other members, unless the mods realize how this guy makes others to repeat their point three times over and it still won't end.

You're on the ignore list, thank you for the conversation.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

By most Brighton fans views the top 3 performers for them last season were bissouma, dunk and 3rd between Webster and Sanchez

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Was Egan one of their best players, or likely the best player in Championship team, playing 46 games?

Anyway, I will not continue to waste time on this useless debate. White is adjusted to PL and England, Varane is not. End of story.

I will leave you to troll other members, unless the mods realize how this guy makes others to repeat their point three times over and it still won't end.

Same price would you take white ahead of varane?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
:facepalm:

You’re starting to sound like Arteta. Please show me the xG stats ASAP.

All those “ifs” and “buts” and at the end of it the game was boys against men as it usually is at Anfield when we go there but performance wise at least it wasn’t as bad as the false 9 at the Etihad or defending for our lives at Stamford Bridge.

Both Sheffield Utd performances.

People who use xG to bake their argument instead of watching the actual game, not for me.

The FACTS are we were 2-1 down and Laca missed a key chance to go 2-2. I don't care who had more shots. Those are the facts and we were in the game until the final minutes.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc

Chris Basham 19/20 38 PL appearances, 39 goals conceded. Sheffield POTY
Ben White 20/21, 36 PL appearances, 46 goals conceded. Brighton POTY

Despite of playing more and conceded less in that season Basham is still not being considered as PL proven or whatever this proven or adjusted.

You only say something that suits your argument. Just because someone questioned your point and your point is truly questionable and had been proven wrong by my point, now you can’t defend it or making counter argument so you used excuse to blamed me and called it troll, that’s pathetic mate. I wasn’t the only one who questioned it here.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Sheffield United have gone down this season, reckon we could get Basham for a very low price now.

Plus, he's 33...really fits into our recent vision of saying we are planning for the future, but signing/playing really old players...get this done Arsenal!

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

People who use xG to bake their argument instead of watching the actual game, not for me.

The FACTS are we were 2-1 down and Laca missed a key chance to go 2-2. I don't care who had more shots. Those are the facts and we were in the game until the final minutes.

I’m sure Liverpool had many chances too as they had 21 shots but the only one that stood out for us was Lacazette because it’s the team we support.

All “ifs” and “buts”.

If all the teams scored the chances they missed then we’d be in relegation at the moment as we struggled to create chances.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

One is 100k p/w the other 200-300k p/w plus a huge sign-on i imagine. One is likely to keep his value somewhat the other will be worth nothing in 4 years.
True but one is 50 million pound +add on. The other is 50 million euros. And if United get 4 world class years of a player who is proven world class then it’s great business. The other one is more expensive young talent with a lot of potential

I think varane is far safer bet

Underhill

True but one is 50 million pound +add on. The other is 50 million euros. And if United get 4 world class years of a player who is proven world class then it’s great business. The other one is more expensive young talent with a lot of potential

Varane wouldnt come to Arsenal. It wasnt White or Varane for us.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member

Here we are overestimating United yet again. They haven't won a trophy in how many years and now you think Varane changes that. He could very well flop and cost them points. Had we signed Varane instead, the argument would be his age and how he would have no resale value. But now he's a safer bet than a young defender who did well last season in a team below us.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Here we are overestimating United yet again. They haven't won a trophy in how many years and now you think Varane changes that. He could very well flop and cost them points. Had we signed Varane instead, the argument would be his age and how he would have no resale value. But now he's a safer bet than a young defender who did well last season in a team below us.
His age? He turned 28 couple of months ago. A player in his prime. There is no way white is a safer bet. At his age varane was already world class. And why would think of resale value before you buy a player? It seems we are basically Leicester now. Buy young in the hope of selling to big clubs and make money

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
His age? He turned 28 couple of months ago. A player in his prime. There is no way white is a safer bet. At his age varane was already world class. And why would think of resale value before you buy a player? It seems we are basically Leicester now. Buy young in the hope of selling to big clubs and make money
So you have never heard any of these arguments when we are linked to a player? Its not something I'm making up. There would have been complaints had we gone for Varane. Anyway, he wasn't ever going to come here so again I ask, why is this even that big of a debate? Why does it matter who is a bigger gamble when one of them was never coming here? You say we're Leicester now because of the signings we're making but which top player can we REALISTICALLY get now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom