• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It’s crazy to think a guy like Arteta was going to have “any cheap GK” as our back up, like AM suggested. This isn’t a computer game.

You can’t take these shortcuts when you’re chasing a CL spot. The days of signing someone cheap to paper over some cracks are gone under Arteta. He’ll want a solid, strong squad, guy is here to win, even if he gets top 4 I don’t think he’ll be happy, even though us fans will pop champagne bottles.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I think these links are genuine, seems like we really want him too. The other guy is 2nd choice for Dijon, can't see us wanting to go into the season with him as backup.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It’s crazy to think a guy like Arteta was going to have “any cheap GK” as our back up, like AM suggested. This isn’t a computer game.

You can’t take these shortcuts when you’re chasing a CL spot. The days of signing someone cheap to paper over some cracks are gone under Arteta. He’ll want a solid, strong squad, guy is here to win, even if he gets top 4 I don’t think he’ll be happy, even though us fans will pop champagne bottles.

Raya hasn't played at all this season, 3 games thus far. Hope we get his price down a bit with his eagerness to join.

Optimally I would have used 5-8 million for 2nd goalie, but I guess HG status puts it over 10 million these days.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

But if we sign him we will be loaning Raya back so your point makes absolutely no sense.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Things are starting to make a lot more sense if we're looking to bring this guy in too. I couldn't make sense of the Icelandic lad being our number 2 at all.

You want a back up that's going to give Leno a bit of a competition for the number 1 spot, not one that's just happy to be here. HG would be a bonus too.

If we have to loan his back to Brentford for a season it puts me off it a bit though, I must admit.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Actually i've worked it out fellas...

Buy Raya, loan him back out.

Macey leaves on a free next summer, Raya comes back.

Runarrasson is 3rd choice, Raya 2nd and Leno 1st.

Boom.
Only works for me if Brentford pay a £10m loan fee.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Things are starting to make a lot more sense if we're looking to bring this guy in too. I couldn't make sense of the Icelandic lad being our number 2 at all.

You want a back up that's going to give Leno a bit of a competition for the number 1 spot, not one that's just happy to be here. HG would be a bonus too.

How the **** is it a bonus he’s HG if you’re still using a non-HG spot on the 3rd keeper?

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I said this when we were first linked. Maybe we have the money for a back up goal such as Raya and a midfielder like Aouar?

It's not unrealistic.
Vinai already said this a couple of weeks ago. It's not an issue of us needing to sell to buy players. We have money.

What the issue is is having too many non-HG players and not enough HG players.

To bring in Runarsson, Aouar and Partey, three non-HG players, we need to get rid of 3-4 non-HG players (Kolasinac, Torreira, and Sokratis to start). Losing Martinez makes this problem worst because he was a HG. This is one of the main reasons why we are okay with dropping 10 million pounds on Raya. It may look like bad business when compared to Martinez going out, but it's perfectly doable within our finances.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
How the **** is it a bonus he’s HG if you’re still using a non-HG spot on the 3rd keeper?

Gives us more flexibility for non-HG purchases in future transfer windows.

I'm not saying wasting a non-HG on the 3rd choice keeper makes any sense to me either. Who knows, maybe Runarsson is a project player that we'll loan out this season if we don't end up loaning Raya back to Brentford.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I don’t think we’ll loan him back. You’re not paying nearly 15M for a championship keeper and then loaning him back too.

Thats the whole point in offering £10M again, loaning him back helps Brentford out. Not a cat in hells chance we spend 15M on him mate come on.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Vinai already said this a couple of weeks ago. It's not an issue of us needing to sell to buy players. We have money.

What the issue is is having too many non-HG players and not enough HG players.

To bring in Runarsson, Aouar and Partey, three non-HG players, we need to get rid of 3-4 non-HG players (Kolasinac, Torreira, and Sokratis to start). Losing Martinez makes this problem worst because he was a HG. This is one of the main reasons why we are okay with dropping 10 million pounds on Raya. It may look like bad business when compared to Martinez going out, but it's perfectly doable within our finances.

Yeah as I stated if this bids legit then Vinai's words are correct most likely. But surely we just keep Macey one more year rather than an Icelandic puffin smasher?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

On the face of it they're showing absolutely no faith in younger keepers at the club if they're buying two this window.

Macey & Iliev are apparently bad with their feet, so yes.

Okonkwo & Hein are not, but they're ~19 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom