• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickey Rooney

Nah, this one is down to Rice. As long as the offer is as high as reported, West Ham will respect his wishes.
I don’t think West Ham will be quite so classy. Chairman today talking about expecting offers with 3-4 clubs interested and speaking of over 100M. Think he wants to milk this a bit to maximize the sale price. Still think they’re very likely to honour Rice’s wishes, but they’ll do their bit to maximize the return.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

brasil-brazil.gif

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Xhaka and Partey have both been below par for the majority of their Arsenal careers yet people think upgrading on them is impossible.
Not looking at how they've performed over the majority of their respective stint here, or their average performance level over the same period. We need to replicate and further improve on last season right from the start of next season and upgrading on them in that context would be close to impossible with what's attainable in the market. I think there are some players that could maybe improve on Xhaka, Rice being one of them. I don't think anyone would have a better season than the one Partey just had.

Long term both are upgradable, but we need instant impact

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If United’s guy at the Athletic is saying this, it must be true. They always make it known when they miss out on a player.
utd clearly can do the deal but ffp is massive problem at the moment they need to sell and when they done with selling it's too late for them and of course the ownership problem most of their deals imo will take until late july to be done

Reactions: A_G

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka and Partey have both been below par for the majority of their Arsenal careers yet people think upgrading on them is impossible.
Not difficult to improve on the 19/20 version of our CM when we finished 8th sure. Not sure why you look to upgrade on their "career" instead of last season's form though.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Not difficult to improve on the 19/20 version of our CM when we finished 8th sure. Not sure why you look to upgrade on their "career" instead of last season's form though.
Because in the grand scheme of things, it’s a small sample size. Might just be a purple patch.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I can’t believe some of the takes I’ve been reading about Partey. People genuinely think Rice is already better?

Like you said, I have concerns on how our build up would suffer with Rice in Parteys place.
Well let's see, Declan Rice did not play terribly in the run in that doomed our title bid, isn't under a yellow box investigation, can actually stay fit and has actually had more than 6 months of good football in England so yes, for a myriad of reasons, he's better.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Not sure why we can’t just keep both for their experience + they’ve both already played in the CL and sign two midfielders in addition to them.

I think that was one of the things we got horribly wrong when we shifted the likes of Vieira, Gilberto, Pires etc during those years when we moved to the Emirates. Ideally we should have just kept them and let them battle it out with those coming through but it was understandable back then as the finances were tight.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
How is that relevant? Do you want to improve on 8th or 2nd?
It’s relevant because we don’t know if 22/23 was Xhaka’s real level. If it’s not, then upgrading on him won’t be as tough as you think.

Partey is injury prone, always missing big games and he himself said his last season was a 4/10.

sdotzdot

Established Member
What’s even funnier is Xhaka was well known to be a plumber who was too slow, sluggish and never contributed to build up play. He was never viewed as anything but our deepest midfielder as we all thought he wasn’t good enough to contribute higher up.

Yet Rice who’s playing for a dinosaur mid/low table club at 24 is a plodder who has absolutely no chance of improving in an attacking sense?

The things I read on here, honestly. You think most fans would learn their lesson at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom