• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonger

Woah, can you imagine the strikeforce at our disposal.

Auba, Martinelli, Eduoard, Balogun, Daka.

#GoaliesLivesMatter

I'd like to keep Balogun but my Daka purchase was on the assumption he was leaving.

Martinelli, Auba, Edouard, Daka, Saka, & get rid of Willian & Pepe & go for Neto or Solomon. Best set of young forwards in Europe when Auba leaves.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Actually sell all our current strikers, then buy a top striker around 21-24, then bring Welbeck back as a back up after Brighton get relegated...everyone is happy then!
I've always found to be a man of good sense, but while being governed by nostalgic pashun, surely you cannot in good sense argue for Welbeck...

Iceman10

Established Member
Don’t care how much just get rid he’s awful..no other top 6 club has a striker as bad as him it’s embarrassing

Sorry, but this is just a trash comment. We have Martinelli, Eddie, and Balogun as talent able to prove itself as depth behind Auba and Laca. Nothing wrong with that for a top club, with Martinelli back there aren’t many minutes of chance available anyway between Eddie and Balogun. If we sell we sell for a good price. He’s not just some inanimate object you toss into the rubbish bin. Your comment quite frankly is not fit for an Arsenal supporter.

tcahill

Anything above 15 mill and we should sell. Ideally get around 20. That still makes him a very successful youth product.

I don't think he's absolute garbage like some do but I can't see him being any better than a squaddie. We always fail to sell at the right time and end up begging clubs to take unwanted players later on as a result.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Anything above 15 mill and we should sell. Ideally get around 20. That still makes him a very successful youth product.

I don't think he's absolute garbage like some do but I can't see him being any better than a squaddie. We always fail to sell at the right time and end up begging clubs to take unwanted players later on as a result.

I agree otherwise, but the condition for me is to get Balogun to extend if Nketiah goes. Otherwise we extend Nketiah. HG is important now and Nketiah might still extend even being a squaddie.

The best idea is to sell Nketiah and extend Balogun. Not sure if possible.

Although now that I think of it, we have TJJ also, so signing Edouard and having TJJ is fine too without both. We're a bit in the mercy of their agent.

Impact

Established Member
Anything over £20 million is a good deal. Given it’s January, it’s reasonable to add a premium. England under 21s record scorer and homegrown (which means more in a post-Brexit world). Clubs like Brighton, West Ham and Wolves could all use a decent striker. Nketiah may not have the all round game for our level but he’s an eye for goal and that’s a valuable commodity in the Premier League especially lower down the table.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Anything above £15 million sell. We won't get that much in the summer and therefore ever again.

He's not bad but he's nowhere near what we need if we have aspirations to be a big club. I believe in nurturing players but the patience which is being shown towards Eddie has not been shown to others at the Arsenal.

daron christie

Sorry, but this is just a trash comment. We have Martinelli, Eddie, and Balogun as talent able to prove itself as depth behind Auba and Laca. Nothing wrong with that for a top club, with Martinelli back there aren’t many minutes of chance available anyway between Eddie and Balogun. If we sell we sell for a good price. He’s not just some inanimate object you toss into the rubbish bin. Your comment quite frankly is not fit for an Arsenal supporter.
And your standards of expectations are ...?

Iceman10

Established Member
And your standards of expectations are ...?

To have some residual attachment and class when it comes to this player who has stuck it out for a while and given it his all to prove he can make it at Arsenal. No one can doubt his effort as a Gooner, and whether he stays or goes Gooners should wish him well. There are still some values at this club worth keeping. Gooners should be ingrained with them.

There's another side to this also. If you just want this kind of player out asap, who has no attitude problems, regardless of sale price you aren't really thinking about the club either.

Reactions: A_G

Arsenal4life14

I'd take 20 million for him minimum. Ok hes out of favour right now granted, But so have most of our players so far. Him and the other foward players this season so far have fed of scraps in most games. Hes still very young, hes scored bags of goals for the England U23s and at first team level, The money some other young English talents go for, we should be aiming for 20 million

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Eddie is very one dimensional. He's a poacher and has very little else to his game. His technique is average, short passing is below arsenal level, not a great dribbler, or hold up play, not particularly fast.

He's basically a rubbish version of auba.

REEVIE1995

I really hope he stays but 30 million would be a good offer for him at this point though I would definitely want a buy back clause. I'm a bit sceptical of the link though. Doesnt really seem the type of striker you would expect David Moyes to go for.

The notion that he is a terrible player is laughable. You cannot teach eddie's natural goalscoring instinct. If you put him behind the same attack we have had in previous weeks ( the ESR, Saka and martinelli) he would be scoring for fun IMO.

In an ideal world we would be able to keep Balogun and Eddie for the future. Balogun to replace Lacazette as the more rounded striker and Eddie replacing Auba as the natural goal machine. Unfortunately we have mismanaged both of them. They should of been tied down to long term contracts years ago and Balogun should of been loaned out last year. I am still beyond angry at Emery for refusing to loan out Eddie to Augsburg in January that year then not playing him for the rest of the season!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom