• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v West Brom - 21/4/16, 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

It's interesting how this 'banner' speaks volumes about the guy. Obviously he hadn't planned on doing it, last-minute job after he had a few beers. He got a bit overconfident and he thought to how himself: today I want to be heard and for good measure I'm going to be controversial too. This clearly points to a dramatic experience in childhood, when he spoke up and was turned down and laughed at by everyone. My best guess would be when he wanted to join the other kids for a game of football after school and finally had enough courage to ask them to join. This didn't end well and since he has never stood up for himself or voiced his opinion, rather he just goes with what everyone else is saying and doing. This is also the reason he ended up taking over his dad's butcher shop, even though he is afraid of dead meat and had to give up his dream of being a country singer and an erotic masseur. His two older brothers both turned down the shop, followed their dream and became rich and successful. Something that still stings him to this day, which is evident in the red paper that is used. Tough and angry and altogether a bit sad too, innit.

Anyway, he starts making the banner, the 'C' is strong and clean, he was high on adrenaline at this time. As he draws the 'O' it's very clear that he got nervous and went back this dramatic childhood experience. Very poor shape, but after a little breather he tried to correct the top of the letter to make it look a little better. He has another beer and talks himself up, which leads to him drawing the remaining two letters on the top line. Not a strong finish, but overall decentish. At this time it's clear that something else happened. I have a strong presumption he somehow got reminded of his brothers, either because his eye caught a picture of them or he saw his mothers plastic necklace, that he inherited, while his brothers divided the other jewelry amongst them, estimated to be worth over five figures. This scar on his soul leads him to draw the strongest part of his masterpiece, the exclamation point. Strong, straight and a lovely dot at the bottom. Just the way he likes his women too. After drawing this, he deems himself worthy of a little break.

After his microwave dinner and another beer, he returns to the drawing board. His sharp eye notices a vast emptiness on the paper. He knows this is important, he has to come up with something controversial. Next to his masterpiece on his desk, a week old Daily Mirror. He flips through the sticky pages until he comes across an article suggesting that Wenger's time is up at Arsenal. Wow, he thinks to himself, if it's in the paper it must be true, but if I say the exact opposite... now that would controversial! A true eureka moment. A true sticky mess in his pants.

Back to the banner, he feels a centered approach for the word 'ONE' is the way to go, a bold choice, which works out badly he was to find out moments later. Still going strong he is determined to show his support for Arsène and quickly scribbles the name on the paper. Then the W-E-N... ****! Running out of space. This moment is absolutely crucial, this is the moment where men are divided from boys and guinea pigs. Finish the job or be doomed to limbo forever and ever. He stands up, walks to kitchen and stares out of the window. 'What do I do?', he screams in agony. 'If there is a god, give me a sign, I'm lost!' But nothing.

His hand slowly moves towards a kitchen knife – when suddenly a miracle! The birds outside are chirping to him. He can't quite make it out, but they are definitely trying to tell him something. Skeet. What? Skweeet. Huh? Swkeeett. Sqeeeh! I don't ****ing understand. Squeeeesh! Squeeeze! Hallelujah, that's it, he yells! Squeeze the letters together to make it fit! He skips back to his banner and finishes it by adding the last three letters... G-E-R. Done! It may not be pretty, but it's done.

With a bird on his shoulder he goes to the game. Just wait for the right moment to show my banner he thinks to himself. Perhaps when we're trailing, for extra effect. Alas, this wasn't meant to be, but a man reborn he proudly flashes his banner for a whole five minutes. Evident from the picture provided above.

Glorious. An absolute glorious day. He returns home, slips into his pyjamas and has dreams sweet, oh so sweet.

:lol:Interesting take mate , but that little story at the top about the kid - that isn't you is it ? Well ,maybe football ain't your game but hell you'd have a great blog :D

Aevi

Hale End FC
Nah I'm kidding , though I'd like to give up modding and pass it on to the next gen . Aevius? ;)

@redanddread don't know about that bro but I try :lol:.
I'd personally pass the status on to @SA Gunner if he wants it.

As long as you stay in some capacity, it's all ok. I reckon 7 or 8 members of this site are going to end up in psychiatric institutions come next season, so we need all the sane people we can get on here.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I'd personally pass the status on to @SA Gunner if he wants it.

As long as you stay in some capacity, it's all ok. I reckon 7 or 8 members of this site are going to end up in psychiatric institutions come next season, so we need all the sane people we can get on here.

We'll need a few more next season I reckon , yes SA is a good shout .

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Ramsey was **** imo. Bombing forward again only to give possession away and make the wrong decisions. That kick he had in the second half when he should've centered it was just utter ridiculousness. Aaron always overcomplicates our play or sits on the ball too long. He's like playing co-op seasons with a lad who doesn't pass and tries to skill move the entire team and score a banger. Baffling.

Thought Monreal, Kos, El Neny, Alexis were all good. Iwobi didn't impress me as much as he has the other matches and like said previously, Özil wasn't on it as he normally is.

Tricolore

I actually liked how Ramsey did last night. Him and Elneny completely dominated them in the centre of the park. WBA were never seriously up for it though, they had nothing to play for and it showed. A bit of borefest this game, we never got out of 2nd gear and routinely did as little as possible needed to secure the 3 pts.

emilursin

I actually liked how Ramsey did last night. Him and Elneny completely dominated them in the centre of the park. WBA were never seriously up for it though, they had nothing to play for and it showed. A bit of borefest this game, we never got out of 2nd gear and routinely did as little as possible needed to secure the 3 pts.
Agree with this, Ramsey and Elnenny where good.

emilursin

Apparently according to the official numbers from the club there where 59,568 at last nights game, many other sources claim that it was pretty close to the lowest attendance ever recorded, the Norwegian commentator at TV2 who was at the match claimed to be informed that there where just 500 attendants above the record low attendance from 2012 which was a league cup match vs Shrewsbury. (46,539 attendants).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final
Top Bottom